Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

So, in the Crossover episode in the CW, they referenced the Diggle Theory

That was nice. lol Apparently Diggle's doppelganger from Earth-90 is called John and has a power ring. That was a nice bone to throw the fans who started that theory. And they did it in a way where they neither confirmed nor denied the theory, since there's so many alternate universe versions of the main characters who look the same way but have different names. The doppelganger of Barry's father being Jay Garrick on Earth-2 and the older Barry Allen of Earth-90, so who's to say the Diggle of Earth-90 can't be John Stewart instead of John Diggle. Sneaky bastards. lol
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-11-2018 at 01:50 PM.

So is it POSSIBLE that John Diggle's doppelgänger could be John Stewart!!?

Mighty Member

"Hello John....You're not wearing your ring."

images (1).jpg

I screamed into my pillow for about seven minutes. My voice is sore!
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

It's finally nice to see there being some hints that John Diggle's doppelganger is actually John Stewart. I hope they'll reveal that he's John Stewart of Earth-90 on the show. That would be one of the best things that ever happened with the John Stewart character.

Another cool thing about it is that both actors on Arrow is even teasing the fans by posting a Green Lantern John Stewart picture lol.

New Justice League #15 cover featuring John. Felt it was pretty dope

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

This looks good! I'm glad to see John Stewart on the cover with both Hawkgirls!! I hope he gets into a relationship with Shayera. Next week can't come soon enough.

Thanks for posting this, lemonpeace

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    This looks good! I'm glad to see John Stewart on the cover with both Hawkgirls!! I hope he gets into a relationship with Shayera. Next week can't come soon enough.

No problemo man! I'm excited for the Thanagar arc. Personally if they were to match John with one if the Hawkgirks I'm torn. While would love to see them translate the relationship with Shayera to page, I kinda would rather he end up with Kendra instead because I always prefer new approaches as oppose to fully familiar. Also, while this new Shayera is pretty awesome, I find Kendra visual more interesting; Nth Metal Wings, person of color, costume is a reminiscent of her 90s uniform with some cool battle armor bits.

That aside, I'm just excited to see what they do with John in any capacity. I need answers about the UV!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I like how Shayera's suit is straight outta the JL show's finale. I always wanted that to be her new status quo look.

If I could choose who John should be with if they go the Hawkgirl route, then I'll go with Shayera since that's the one they used in the show (which the run is clearly inspired by), so it'll match up better. Kendra can go be with Hawkman or whoever else they choose for her, but for me it'd be weird if it wasn't Shayera, much like how it's weird for me that Barry is acting like Wally when he's hanging with John. I understand working with what you're given but it just doesn't feel right. Still enjoying the book and can't wait to see whats in store!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    No problemo man! I'm excited for the Thanagar arc. Personally if they were to match John with one if the Hawkgirks I'm torn. While would love to see them translate the relationship with Shayera to page, I kinda would rather he end up with Kendra instead because I always prefer new approaches as oppose to fully familiar. Also, while this new Shayera is pretty awesome, I find Kendra visual more interesting; Nth Metal Wings, person of color, costume is a reminiscent of her 90s uniform with some cool battle armor bits.

That aside, I'm just excited to see what they do with John in any capacity. I need answers about the UV!
    I heard that! I'm anxiously waiting to see what he can do with it and how he taps into the other wavelengths.

Extraordinary Member

New Justice League #15 cover featuring John. Felt it was pretty dope

That is a great cover!

If Kat is not returning, then I'm open to see a dynamic between Shayera & John explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I like how Shayera's suit is straight outta the JL show's finale. I always wanted that to be her new status quo look.

If I could choose who John should be with if they go the Hawkgirl route, then I'll go with Shayera since that's the one they used in the show (which the run is clearly inspired by), so it'll match up better. Kendra can go be with Hawkman or whoever else they choose for her, but for me it'd be weird if it wasn't Shayera, much like how it's weird for me that Barry is acting like Wally when he's hanging with John. I understand working with what you're given but it just doesn't feel right. Still enjoying the book and can't wait to see whats in store!
    I rather John & Kendra stay platonic.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

It's finally nice to see there being some hints that John Diggle's doppelganger is actually John Stewart. I hope they'll reveal that he's John Stewart of Earth-90 on the show. That would be one of the best things that ever happened with the John Stewart character.
    The CW ruined too much of my favorite characters for me to want this to actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The CW ruined too much of my favorite characters for me to want this to actually happen.
    I understand what you're saying (and I somewhat agree), but I think this is something that John Stewart needs right now. He needs more outside media exposure. It's good to hear other people talking about him. Maybe DC Comics could finally take a hint and accept the fact that this character is very popular to where he deserves his own solo.

As what Cosmic Emerald said, I think John should be with Shayera, because it matches with the JL cartoon. But if John ends up with Kendra, I will be fine with that too, but I prefer John Stewart to be with Shayera.

As for the UV, I also hope we'll get some answers. Hopefully, the Guardians will make an appearance in the upcoming issue.