Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I didn't mind the goatee but I wouldn't want him to have it now (or be bald for that matter). If it were up to me I'd keep the fade and give him the beard he had during Futures End. Have it be more full like how it is on the cover.
    I liked the way John was designed in Futures End. He looked cool with a beard, minus the scar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I liked the way John was designed in Futures End. He looked cool with a beard, minus the scar.
    Same here...

His Futures End indigo tribesmen design is one of my favorite John Stewart designs ever; especially with the beard from the cover. I know it won't happen but if they took that design, swapped the indigo markings with the UV tattoos, and made that his design whenever he uses his UV powers, i'd be 100% down. I agree about dropping the scar.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

I like John being a clean shaven marine :P

Edit - As a kid, I distinctly remember being less interested in characters with facial hair.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-21-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Mighty Member

Yes to a beard. But as far as a bald head? I feel like most black superheroes are bald lol.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

It'd be cool if he grew out his hair just a little more to further bring back 80s John, but he's gotta keep that fade. A beard would look cool too like he had in future's end.

His Futures End indigo tribesmen design is one of my favorite John Stewart designs ever; especially with the beard from the cover. I know it won't happen but if they took that design, swapped the indigo markings with the UV tattoos, and made that his design whenever he uses his UV powers, i'd be 100% down. I agree about dropping the scar.
    I wouldn't doubt about it about John getting a different look. It's very possible that John can grow a beard as time goes on in the Justice League ongoing. Since Scott Snyder is taking John in a different direction with his new powers and all, I don't think it would be far-fetch that John will be getting a slightly different look.

By the way, would anyone want to see a Scott Snyder Justice League animated series, based off of the Totality arc? Since many animated films are inspired by the Geoff Johns' Justice League New 52 run, I can't see why we won't be able to see animated series based on Scott Snyder's Justice League run in the feasible future. The Justice League books are back top-tier again, since the Johns' Justice League era.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    It'd be cool if he grew out his hair just a little more to further bring back 80s John, but he's gotta keep that fade. A beard would look cool too like he had in future's end.
    If they grew out his hair with the fade? And the beard? I'd buy all the books.

I wouldn't doubt about it about John getting a different look. It's very possible that John can grow a beard as time goes on in the Justice League ongoing. Since Scott Snyder is taking John in a different direction with his new powers and all, I don't think it would be far-fetch that John will be getting a slightly different look.

By the way, would anyone want to see a Scott Snyder Justice League animated series, based off of the Totality arc? Since many animated films are inspired by the Geoff Johns' Justice League New 52 run, I can't see why we won't be able to see animated series based on Scott Snyder's Justice League run in the feasible future. The Justice League books are back top-tier again, since the Johns' Justice League era.
    I think they'll do a light redesign but I don't see them going the indigo tribe route. I do hope they evolve his design a bit over time. Fingers crossed for the beard too.

I think if they do a new Justice League animated series in the vein of the old one I could definitely see them doing a Totality arc. I see them doing an animated film adaptation of it before they'd go the series route. I'd prefer they did a series but i'd love to see either.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

I'm down for John to get a new GL suit, hopefully one that's a little more flashy. His current suit holds a place in my heart due to nostalgia, but I find it to be too basic.

An animated series based on this run sounds like a cool idea to me. Or maybe they could start off with an Aquaman animated series running along side a Wonder Woman series (since they're getting a lot of buzz currently, especially WW being super popular rn). Around the time of the movie or a little after, they could launch a John Stewart-led GLC animated series. Then they could just make animated movies (in the same universe) for the Justice League so we can still see Batman and Superman, but the lesser used characters (Green Lantern, Shazam WW, Flash) get more focus in their own animated series.

BANNED

Yeah something like the futures end suit ^^. Maybe add a little more white to balance out the colors, but yeah something along those lines.

I think if they do a new Justice League animated series in the vein of the old one I could definitely see them doing a Totality arc. I see them doing an animated film adaptation of it before they'd go the series route. I'd prefer they did a series but i'd love to see either.
    My mistake, I meant to say animated film adaption than a series. But of course I prefer an animated series than a film adaption

I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I'm down for John to get a new GL suit, hopefully one that's a little more flashy. His current suit holds a place in my heart due to nostalgia, but I find it to be too basic.

An animated series based on this run sounds like a cool idea to me. Or maybe they could start off with an Aquaman animated series running along side a Wonder Woman series (since they're getting a lot of buzz currently, especially WW being super popular rn). Around the time of the movie or a little after, they could launch a John Stewart-led GLC animated series. Then they could just make animated movies (in the same universe) for the Justice League so we can still see Batman and Superman, but the lesser used characters (Green Lantern, Shazam WW, Flash) get more focus in their own animated series.
    I personally think John Stewart's suit is the best one, because it looks very basic and has a nice simple design than trying to add all of this detail to his suit. It's very original.

The good right now is that it seems like DC is going all out right now, so they don't care which GL it is they'll use in a animated series/film. A John Stewart-led GLC series would be amazing. If it ever happens, we'll see a lot of leadership material from John Stewart and it would be nice to see his love interest, Katma Tui being featured as a regular.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    That's what I call intense!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That's what I call intense!
    I believed that's the issue where John had the yellow rings rigged as a failsafe just in case the Sinestro Corps turned against the Green Lantern Corps. Ganthet and the Guardians had remarked that John's leadership is as of a guardian or something like that. That's probably one of the best things Robert Venditti ever did with the character. It would be a total lie if anyone claimed that Robert Venditti wasn't fond of the John Stewart character.