Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

There is only one problem with the cover, in that I would have preferred Hawkgirl to keep the same size as John. Other than that? Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That is a great cover. I'm glad JL is finally focusing on characters other than the trinity.
    It's an awesome cover indeed. Scott Snyder said that John Stewart, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl are going to be the trinity on this book and how they're going to be an interesting dynamic. I'm glad to see him focusing on those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Glad to see John is going to be spending time with both MM and Hawkgirl. And I’m really looking forward to seeing the UV thing get more fleshed out, it is such a good time to be a John stewart fan.
    John Stewart is on the Justice Leauge, Huckaberry Hound special, The Other History of the DC Universe, and DCComics talent showcase, and probably more. So yea, it couldn't be a better time to be a John Stewart fan

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    There is only one problem with the cover, in that I would have preferred Hawkgirl to keep the same size as John. Other than that? Amazing.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm very excited! I don't think it'll be retconned. I believe writers would have to go through editorial for that to happen. And since Scott Snyder is one of DC's top writers, I doubt it.

Since John's mythos in the spectrum is being expanded, it'll add more to his profile so other writers could build upon it from Snyder's run. This is actually benefiting the John Stewart character.
    I wouldn't put it pass DC to do it. Wouldn't be the first time they've dicked over a character.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I wouldn't put it pass DC to do it. Wouldn't be the first time they've dicked over a character.
    I see what you mean. The only thing I can remember is that writers seem not to use Mosaic as a continuity and how they make John a black best friend whenever they prefer another Green Lantern to John.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I like the artwork that's showcased here for John. Hopefully he gets a full story and it's good.
    I'm hoping there's a story for John in Showcase. If that's true, I wonder whether the writer picked a story for John, rather than being told to write a certain character.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

John didn't do anything in issue 8 of JL which isnt bad since this was a Legion of Doom issue but heres a preview of #9
    IMG_20180919_210105.jpg

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

John looks so lonely. Can't tell if there's anyone next to him but it's time to give him a best friend.

Weird little thought that occurred to me the other day; i think it would be cool if John had a beard. Nothing crazy, just something to spice up his design a little.

Anyway do they ever allude to or explain what the UV light does? Like it's special properties (indigo copying other lanterns, red lantern plasma, etc).
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

John didn't do anything in issue 8 of JL which isnt bad since this was a Legion of Doom issue but heres a preview of #9
    IMG_20180919_210105.jpg
    It's not really surprising, considering it does focus on Legion of Doom and it's being written by James Tynion IV.

The preview looks good. I'm sure this is going to be the issue where John and Barry pair up.

Extraordinary Member

IMG_20180919_210105.jpg
    Vixen is just a few feet away, John.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Weird little thought that occurred to me the other day; i think it would be cool if John had a beard. Nothing crazy, just something to spice up his design a little.

Anyway do they ever allude to or explain what the UV light does? Like it's special properties (indigo copying other lanterns, red lantern plasma, etc).
    I wouldn't mind seeing John Stewart getting a beard. I've been posting about that on the message boards throughout the years John had a beard on Futures End GLC issue. And he looked great with one.

I'm pretty sure it's the Ultra Violet light that we've been seeing in the Totality arc. I think John Stewart is able to channel that ability. The interesting part is that John is still in full control, despite other people from different worlds being under Umbrax's influence. I'm just happy that he's still a Green Lantern first and foremost. I wonder does John's new Green Lantern ring that appeared out of nowhere have anything to do with his new abilities with the UV light? I'm sure we'll get these answers soon. This is an interesting direction on what Scott Snyder is doing with John.

Any John Stewart design is fine with me except the JLU goatee/bald head look. I personally don't think it suited him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Any John Stewart design is fine with me except the JLU goatee/bald head look. I personally don't think it suited him at all.
    I actually like John Stewart with the bald head look. I always see hot girls date bald headed guys

I think the goatee gots to go. I don't like John with that look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I actually like John Stewart with the bald head look. I always see hot girls date bald headed guys

I think the goatee gots to go. I don't like John with that look.
    I didn't mind the goatee but I wouldn't want him to have it now (or be bald for that matter). If it were up to me I'd keep the fade and give him the beard he had during Futures End. Have it be more full like how it is on the cover.

currently following: