Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I understand what you're saying (and I somewhat agree), but I think this is something that John Stewart needs right now. He needs more outside media exposure. It's good to hear other people talking about him. Maybe DC Comics could finally take a hint and accept the fact that this character is very popular to where he deserves his own solo.
    I really don't want John on the CW....that's a wasteland for black men from what I hear.

I'd rather take my chances with the silver screen for John.

When Anthony would rather see a Geoff Johns-written John Stewart over the Arrowverse, you know something isn't right with those shows.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    When Anthony would rather see a Geoff Johns-written John Stewart over the Arrowverse, you know something isn't right with those shows.
    The issue with those shows is who the person in charge is. Along with the network as a whole. Black males are just plot devices for someone else. Even Black Lightning at times.

I think this is something that John Stewart needs right now. He needs more outside media exposure.
    Fine include him in DC Super Hero girls books. Do DC Shorts on Cartoon Network or the DC stream service.

Anyone see the DC Special? Notice whose alive? And I could have gone without the BLM flyer.

I'm sure we all know that John Diggle apparently being John Stewart from Earth-90 or whatever, won't be an official Green Lantern on the CW. But I have no problem for this being like some kind of cameo appearance. This doesn't take away the possibility that John won't be a star in a cinematic film. I think it's wonderful to see many positive reactions from viewers and how CW actors like Stephen Amell, John Wesley Shipp, and David Ramsey posting John Stewart pictures on twitter. And what I like about John Diggle is that he doesn't come off as an asexual black best friend type.

BANNED

I'm sure we all know that John Diggle apparently being John Stewart from Earth-90 or whatever, won't be an official Green Lantern on the CW. But I have no problem for this being like some kind of cameo appearance. This doesn't take away the possibility that John won't be a star in a cinematic film. I think it's wonderful to see many positive reactions from viewers and how CW actors like Stephen Amell, John Wesley Shipp, and David Ramsey posting John Stewart pictures on twitter. And what I like about John Diggle is that he doesn't come off as an asexual black best friend type.
    Diggle might not be asexual--I think he is married to the CW counterpart of Harbinger--but he's essentially like Green Arrow's black butler. I can understand why some wouldn't want that for John Stewart. On the other hand, it's not like the extra shine on the CW would really do anything bad for John. It would just give him more exposure.

In any event, it's cool to see John and Shayera finally doing something together in the main DC Universe. This should have happened 17 or 18 years ago. However long it's been.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 12-12-2018 at 10:28 PM.

I guess I'm in the minority in favor of Kendra over Shayera. Oh well, if it were to happen I'd be happy either way.

What did you guys think of the New Talent Showcase story with John? I personally wasn't too crazy about it; it wasn't bad, it just fell flat for me. I like that they touched on his life on a earth and some social themes but the writing could definitely have been better.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Diggle being John Stewart always made sense to me. I was hoping for a reveal that I didn’t think would happen, just as I did with Jay Garrick and JWS. Though I suppose this would work the same way and they may be doppelgängers because Diggle’s mother’s maiden name was Stewart. Speaking of which, I don’t know how CW Barry could have not known that his grandmother’s maiden name was Garrick.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I really don't want John on the CW....that's a wasteland for black men from what I hear.

I'd rather take my chances with the silver screen for John.
    Same here. Plus, I'm not sure how good a GL tv show would look because of budget constraints. Better to see a movie starring John.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Same here. Plus, I'm not sure how good a GL tv show would look because of budget constraints. Better to see a movie starring John.
    Well you could green screen the show like SYFY has done with shows like Sanctuary.

And if DC is still think that GL movie-they need to watch Into the Spiderverse and use it as a guide.

More John Stewart love:

Justice League 15 cover by Will Conrad

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Diggle might not be asexual--I think he is married to the CW counterpart of Harbinger--but he's essentially like Green Arrow's black butler. I can understand why some wouldn't want that for John Stewart. On the other hand, it's not like the extra shine on the CW would really do anything bad for John. It would just give him more exposure.

In any event, it's cool to see John and Shayera finally doing something together in the main DC Universe. This should have happened 17 or 18 years ago. However long it's been.
    Pretty much this. I agree. I also understand why others don't want him to be John Stewart Green Lantern. Characters like Mr. Terrific deserves his own show and shouldn't even be a supporting character, imo. I'm sure that's why someone here said CW is a wasteland for black characters.

Justice League #14 preview:

You can read more about the preview from screen rant

This is interesting. So John Stewart has never been on Hawkworld before. It's also nice to see John and the Martian Manhunter working together.

Extraordinary Member

More John Stewart love:

Justice League 15 cover by Will Conrad
    Yes, please remove the JL from being such a sausage feast.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yes, please remove the JL from being such a sausage feast.
    As we can see, Diana is looking at you straight in the eye when you say that, bruh.