Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I hope what's gonna happen next is what I think is gonna happen regarding the last page of the issue. Looks like permanent redemption is right around the corner for GL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I hope what's gonna happen next is what I think is gonna happen regarding the last page of the issue. Looks like permanent redemption is right around the corner for GL.
    I hadn't considered that, but that would be a great direction for things to go.

Quote Originally Posted by avaz74 View Post
    I have to say that I am loving the direction they are taking John in. As a long time JS fan, I would have to say I am fine if they take him down this parallel path as an ultraviolet lantern fueling his powers. Literally utilizing his tragedy to fuel his character. Also fun to see him in a pivotal role in the book!
    I think this story is actually being character-driven for John. He's learning about his past and turn it from a negative to a positive by eliminating Sinestro's control over humanity.

But I don't think John Stewart is going to be an Ultra Violet any longer. I don't know how he's going to be a Green Lantern again, but I'm very excited to see what's going to be in the next issue. It's going to be nice to see a showdown with John Stewart and Sinestro. It'll be epic!

I'm still figuring out whether there's going to be more details on John doing something to restore Xanshi back.

This issue was beyond amazing for a John Stewart fan. When Scott Snyder said he loves the character and been wanting to write him for a while now, he wasn't playing at all here. I never seen a writer able to turn a bad direction from the Xanshi incident to a good direction. John's negative past is actually is what saving Earth from being controlled from the Invisible Spectrum.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Sinestro would've framed Hal for murder and John would've gone after Hal to apprehend him. They would subsequently team-up and I believe he would've become a recurring character like Guy was.
    That would have been must-see TV, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That would have been must-see TV, for me.
    I think the show should be just about Hal Jordan. And that's it.

I rather for John to be in a standalone tv series or film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

Agreed. They could('ve) call(ed) it Green Lantern Corps: The Animated Series.

I'd love to see WB put out an animated Justice League film like Batman: Gotham Knight or Green Lantern: Emerald Knights that has vignettes highlighting different members of the Justice League on solo adventures--Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Agreed. They could('ve) call(ed) it Green Lantern Corps: The Animated Series.

I'd love to see WB put out an animated Justice League film like Batman: Gotham Knight or Green Lantern: Emerald Knights that has vignettes highlighting different members of the Justice League on solo adventures--Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash specifically.

Since that show was featured multiple Green Lanterns, yea, it should've been called Green Lantern Corps: The Animated Series

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

It was about Hal Jordan, but I did enjoy how the show utilized Kilowog, and gave a great modern interpretation of Guy Gardner. I really enjoyed Guy on that show.

Hal was the star. The show was smart to avoid the Geoff Johns' pitfalls when it came to character dynamics.

I was very curious to see how they portrayed John.

I don't think you can do an honest GL show without showing the other human lanterns. Even in the DCAU, we got a cool Hal Jordan Eater egg during the time travel story. Or at least, I thought it was cool.

I don't think you can have a successful Batman show without featuring a Batgirl, and at least one Robin.

All those characters are linked. It is just a matter of how talented the creative teams are in having the characters bounce off each other in an entertaining way which is what Geoff failed at.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 08-20-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It was about Hal Jordan, but I did enjoy how the show utilized Kilowog, and gave a great modern interpretation of Guy Gardner. I really enjoyed Guy on that show.

Hal was the star. The show was smart to avoid the Geoff Johns' pitfalls when it came to character dynamics.

I was very curious to see how they portrayed John.

I don't think you can do an honest GL show without showing the other human lanterns. Even in the DCAU, we got a cool Hal Jordan Eater egg during the time travel story. Or at least, I thought it was cool.

I don't think you can have a successful Batman show without featuring a Batgirl, and at least one Robin.

All those characters are linked. It is just a matter of how talented the creative teams are in having the characters bounce off each other in an entertaining way which is what Geoff failed at.
    A GLC Animated Series sounds cool to me, as long as they don't portray John, Guy, or any of the other human Lanterns as "just members of Hal Jordan's merry band of fellows" lol.

One exception to the successful Batman shows: Batman Beyond, haha I hate to be that guy. But you're right though, all the other successful Batman shows have at least Batgirl and/or Robin because the ppl working the show know how important their link is.

Extraordinary Member

A GLC Animated Series sounds cool to me, as long as they don't portray John, Guy, or any of the other human Lanterns as "just members of Hal Jordan's merry band of fellows" lol.
    I agree with you.

One exception to the successful Batman shows: Batman Beyond, haha I hate to be that guy. But you're right though, all the other successful Batman shows have at least Batgirl and/or Robin because the ppl working the show know how important their link is.
    I only watched his appearances in Justice League, and the Return of the Joker. I totally forgot about him.

So what TPB’s can I get that feature John?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    So what TPB’s can I get that feature John?
    These are what I read that mainly focus on John

Early Appearances 80s era
    Green Lantern: Sector 2814 Volume 2

Green Lantern: Sector 2814 Volume 3

Modern Appearances New 52
    Green Lantern Corps: Rebuild

Green Lantern Corps: Uprising

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I was looking for this thread and had to get to page 3 to find it. There's something wrong with that.

Anyhow, let's go DC! Give John his own book already!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I was looking for this thread and had to get to page 3 to find it. There's something wrong with that.

Anyhow, let's go DC! Give John his own book already!!
    Amen!

Too bad this thread hasn't taken off yet like the last one.