Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't like the idea of swapping Kendra for Shayera. Based on sketches it looks like Shayeda is going to be more on incline with the classic Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman. I like this new version with the metal wings on the League.
    Well there seems to be big plans for Kendra next year. She has a connection to the Totality, where those answers are going to be searched in Thanagar Prime with John Stewart and Martian Manhunter included. Since John is going to be there, looks like he's going to get some answers as well. Hopefully we'll find out why he has the connection to the UV and how his new ring got formed out of nowhere. I don't see Kendra being swapped. I questioned it, because Snyder is a fan with John and Shayera.

I love Jorge Jimenez's art

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Well there seems to be big plans for Kendra next year. She has a connection to the Totality, where those answers are going to be searched in Thanagar Prime with John Stewart and Martian Manhunter included. Since John is going to be there, looks like he's going to get some answers as well. Hopefully we'll find out why he has the connection to the UV and how his new ring got formed out of nowhere. I don't see Kendra being swapped. I questioned it, because Snyder is a fan with John and Shayera.
    The Totality connection and the overall aesthetic of the characters are why I'm interested in Kendra. I'm excited to see what he has in store for her. I'm curious if Snyder is bringing in Shayera partially to have two distinct Hawkwomen so that he can prevent any overlap with Hawkman that may derail whatever he wants to do. While I would like to see John with the Kendra character one day because I like that character, I can see Snyder playing with a relationship with Shayera instead.

Anyway back to John, I am anxious to see him exploring his UV powers and figuring out how they work. I also wonder how Thanagar will play into his UV powers. Martian Manhunter has the martian database, Kendra has Shayera, I wonder how Snyder will use Thanagar to connect to John. I'm placing my bets on the Guardians having something to do with the new ring or knowing why John is so well suited to the UV power. Sinestro sought him out, maybe he picked John because of something he learned from the Guardians. Maybe he knows about the prophecy around him?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

One of my favorite pages from GL Mosaic

it's sad that we haven't gotten something as extensive for John in over 20 years
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

The Totality connection and the overall aesthetic of the characters are why I'm interested in Kendra. I'm excited to see what he has in store for her. I'm curious if Snyder is bringing in Shayera partially to have two distinct Hawkwomen so that he can prevent any overlap with Hawkman that may derail whatever he wants to do. While I would like to see John with the Kendra character one day because I like that character, I can see Snyder playing with a relationship with Shayera instead.

Anyway back to John, I am anxious to see him exploring his UV powers and figuring out how they work. I also wonder how Thanagar will play into his UV powers. Martian Manhunter has the martian database, Kendra has Shayera, I wonder how Snyder will use Thanagar to connect to John. I'm placing my bets on the Guardians having something to do with the new ring or knowing why John is so well suited to the UV power. Sinestro sought him out, maybe he picked John because of something he learned from the Guardians. Maybe he knows about the prophecy around him?
    The guardians seems to be tied to all of this. According to the latest solicits, they're hiding secrets stored within Thanagar-Prime, which is a very far place to reach, so it's a good destination to the Guardians to keep something no one will find out about. In an early interview before the first Justice League relaunch debut, Scott Snyder said this:

All of them are facing mysteries about their own nature. Kendra starts to realize that her origin, who she is, what she’s capable of, is different than what she thought — she’s missing memories. John Stewart starts to realize that the Guardians have hidden things from him because of his skillset, what he’s supposed to do. He might have been a soldier for them in ways he didn’t realize. Then Martian Manhunter realizes that after the end of the Source Wall, the mysteries that are unfolding before him might be saying something about him, too.
    From cbr

I think what Scott Snyder said in that quote pretty much confirms why John is so well suited on using the UV power. Since the Ultra Violet seems to feed out on a person's inner demons, Sinestro believes John Stewart is well suited for it, due to the failing to save a planet. So I think that's one of the reasons why Sinestro sought John out. But Sinestro didn't realize that John could no longer be controlled from Umbrax's influence. In fact, it makes him a stronger capable character.

So far, I'm very anxious to see what direction Scott Snyder takes John after Drowned Earth.

Stewart and Vixen forever!
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    The guardians seems to be tied to all of this. According to the latest solicits, they're hiding secrets stored within Thanagar-Prime, which is a very far place to reach, so it's a good destination to the Guardians to keep something no one will find out about. In an early interview before the first Justice League relaunch debut, Scott Snyder said this:

From cbr

I think what Scott Snyder said in that quote pretty much confirms why John is so well suited on using the UV power. Since the Ultra Violet seems to feed out on a person's inner demons, Sinestro believes John Stewart is well suited for it, due to the failing to save a planet. So I think that's one of the reasons why Sinestro sought John out. But Sinestro didn't realize that John could no longer be controlled from Umbrax's influence. In fact, it makes him a stronger capable character.

So far, I'm very anxious to see what direction Scott Snyder takes John after Drowned Earth.
    Good pull on the quote! I didn't know the Guardians were burying secrets on Thanagar too. Hmmm now I'm wondering did the Guardians somehow, not only know about the Invisible Spectrum, but also know John would be able to control it. I mean we know they've been watching John since he was a yout and they did came across the Emotional Spectrum via scientific exploration; maybe along the way they came across the Invisible Spectrum as well. I hope this is building to a reintroduction to the "Opener of Doors" prophecy. I maybe be getting ahead if myself though. For now I wanna know the particulars of the UV's abilities and the rest if the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Imma be real with you, I've never been a fan of the pairing of John and Vixen. It felt...contrived. Now, Vixen and Bronze Tiger? That's always been my #1 DC Black Excellence power couple. Like even aesthetically it's just so perfect.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-20-2018 at 03:19 PM.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I agree! The JLU cartoon show made me a fan of these two being a couple. Although with John always in space, these two would give new meaning to being in a "long-distance" relationship.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Good pull on the quote! I didn't know the Guardians were burying secrets on Thanagar too. Hmmm now I'm wondering did the Guardians somehow, not only know about the Invisible Spectrum, but also know John would be able to control it. I mean we know they've been watching John since he was a yout and they did came across the Emotional Spectrum via scientific exploration; maybe along the way they came across the Invisible Spectrum as well. I hope this is building to a reintroduction to the "Opener of Doors" prophecy. I maybe be getting ahead if myself though. For now I wanna know the particulars of the UV's abilities and the rest if the spectrum.
    Thanks!

The Guardians are the oldest beings in the universe, so they should know the Invisible Spectrum already exists. Since Sinestro was aware of the Ultra Violet Spectrum, then I'm more than sure the Guardians were aware of it. Regarding the Guaridans watching John Stewart since his youth, it's what makes John different and special from other Green Lanterns. The Guardians chose John Stewart specifically before the ring reaching to him. Maybe there's more reasoning on why the Guardians wanted John to be a Green Lantern. Scott Snyder might explore more on John Stewart's origin and how his origin ties to the UV and other things. The same way I feel Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter's origin may be explored in the upcoming issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'm okay with John's marines background. A lot of people enlist in the military, and use that to further their education.

John being a marine, and then becoming an architect totally works for me.

I think the dichotomy of being socially conscious, yet also being a trained sniper has not being explored.
    You have right idea I think. The most likely scenario is that he did his degree as an Architect, Join the Marine corps as Ground Intelligence Officer, then went to sniper school. Did his years in Marine corps got out and then use his degree as Architect. People might see it as clash of ideas but officer path(leadership) in military requires a college degree in something. A large amount of Special operations(Seals,Snipers,Recon) in military are officers with degrees is stuff don't tie into what they do in Marines.

I just saw people commenting on his Marines persona and Architect persona, John being both things actually makes sense.

This is a random thought:

I just watched Sorry to Bother You (fucking amazing btw) and the entire time it was thinking to myself "Boots Riley would be great for a Green Lantern: Mosaic movie." The subject matter isn't cosmic or anything but it's so weird yet socially conscious that I would work for the feel of Mosaic.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You have right idea I think. The most likely scenario is that he did his degree as an Architect, Join the Marine corps as Ground Intelligence Officer, then went to sniper school. Did his years in Marine corps got out and then use his degree as Architect. People might see it as clash of ideas but officer path(leadership) in military requires a college degree in something. A large amount of Special operations(Seals,Snipers,Recon) in military are officers with degrees is stuff don't tie into what they do in Marines.

I just saw people commenting on his Marines persona and Architect persona, John being both things actually makes sense.
    I'm sure it's been established that he went joined the Marines to pay for school, so it's likely he did his degree while enlisted or after he was discharged.

That in itself could work as commentary on how the Military recruitment targets poor communities and people who feel service is the only to improve their lives. I would like to see his social consciousness return because John being a black man in america (an intelligent one at that) I would love to see his social activist ideals clash more with the country he fought for which has always had a conflict with social justice for people who look like him. Especially seeing as he didn't join out if patriotism or duty but because of necessity.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-21-2018 at 04:05 PM.

currently following:

Ultimate Member

I'm sure it's been established that he went joined the Marines to pay for school, so it's likely he did his degree while enlisted or after he was discharged.

That in itself could work as commentary on how the Military recruitment targets poor communities and people who feel service is the only to improve their lives. I would like to see his social consciousness return because as a black man in america (an intelligent one at that) I would love to see his social activist ideals clash more with the country he fought for which has always had a conflict with social justice for people who look like him. Especially seeing as he didn't join out if patriotism or duty but because of necessity.
    The book you want could NOT be made under the main DC banner-the line of folks who would fight you over it would be too long.

That is a story for Vertigo or some indy company whose books won't get attacked. Or a digital only series.

No matter how TRUE the bold is.

I would throw in that is how charter schools get a foot hold in poor communities too. Yet they run under a different set of rules to cherry pick kids.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The book you want could NOT be made under the main DC banner-the line of folks who would fight you over it would be too long.

That is a story for Vertigo or some indy company whose books won't get attacked. Or a digital only series.

No matter how TRUE the bold is.

I would throw in that is how charter schools get a foot hold in poor communities too. Yet they run under a different set of rules to cherry pick kids.
    You're likely right but I was just spitballing, I don't really expect them to explore that topic; especially with a Green Lantern. I just wanted to point out one avenue they could take if they wanted to take John on a more socially conscious path, ya know?

currently following:

Some John fan art

One of my favorite panels from Mosaic

currently following: