Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    John is coming to the DC Legends game.

I thought he was already part of the game. Him and Hal were there since the game launched I believe, while Jessica was added later.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-07-2018 at 11:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    In, loved his character growing up

I love John, but words can't begin to describe how much I hate that quote, lol

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

Lmao I love that scene but yeah that quote caught me completely off guard. I had no choice but to love it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I don't understand it either, but It was probably just lazy writing from Geoff Johns. He didn't like the character so he probably just wrote anything that came to his mind.

It's a perfect example of what happens when you write a character you don't care much for.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised Johns tries to write John Stewart horribly in the GLC movie script.

Yeah, I freakin hate that line. I don't wanna hear any of that in the movies or see it again in the comics.

On a side note; I'd like to see John utilize his power battery more (maybe in combat as well), and say the oath in epic splash pages more. I feel they're both integral parts of the Green Lantern character that's lacking with John right now. It completes the whole GL vibe, putting him on a grander scale if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I freakin hate that line. I don't wanna hear any of that in the movies or see it again in the comics.

On a side note; I'd like to see John utilize his power battery more (maybe in combat as well), and say the oath in epic splash pages more. I feel they're both integral parts of the Green Lantern character that's lacking with John right now. It completes the whole GL vibe, putting him on a grander scale if you know what I mean.

Sorry, double posts lol

BANNED

John appears in the preview for Justice League issue 6: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...tice-league-6/

Cool seeing John and Sinestro's relationship continue to develop.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-14-2018 at 04:40 AM.

Incredible Member

John appears in the preview for Justice League issue 6: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...tice-league-6/

Well that's exactly a rip-off of Hal and Sinestro's relationship as I expected.
    Snyder didn't even bother to think out something new.

Extraordinary Member

Now that is Sinestro. A self-centered, cruel bastard that uses people for his own ends. He exploited his home world, and is now doing the same thing to Earth.

Curious to see how John responds.

Looking good! Nice to see Snyder having a different kind of dynamic with John/Sinestro. This was missing in the JL/JLU toons.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Well that's exactly a rip-off of Hal and Sinestro's relationship as I expected.
    Snyder didn't even bother to think out something new.
    How is it even a rip-off? What you're saying makes no sense.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    How is it even a rip-off? What you're saying makes no sense.
    Sinestro wanted John to join him under Snyder, which is quite the opposite attitude towards John all along because he despises John and doesn’t think him as equal. However, that’s is exactly Sinestro always wanted Hal to do. He tried to draw Hal over to his side many times. You can put the dialogue on Hal and Sinestro and there won’t be anything inappropriate (of course except that “you killed a planet”).
    Of course maybe you just like that. Never mind if that is the case.

After the next arc, which focuses on Aquaman and Wonder Woman, Scott Snyder announced that there's going to be another arc that focuses on John Stewart, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl:

We're going all out in the JUSTICE LEAGUE group this year into 2019. JL - 2nd arc a big Aquaman, Wonder Woman event, 3rd about GL, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl and 4th, Superman & Batman. Want to bring you character driven stories that feel epic, go new, bold places in the DCu
    Scott Snyder refers to Kendra as Hawkgirl and not Hawkwoman. He's definitely a big fan of the DCAU.

I'm totally excited! I can't wait to see John interacting with Hawkgirl!

Mighty Member

Sinestro wanted John to join him under Snyder, which is quite the opposite attitude towards John all along because he despises John and doesn’t think him as equal. However, that’s is exactly Sinestro always wanted Hal to do. He tried to draw Hal over to his side many times. You can put the dialogue on Hal and Sinestro and there won’t be anything inappropriate (of course except that “you killed a planet”).
    And that's why a John and Sinestro rivalry makes sense, in my opinion. There should honestly be no further justification for them to be so either.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

John Stewart has very powerful energy from ultra violet spectrum, since it's John's guilt that has to do with killing millions of people from Xanshi. So of course Sinestro is going to recruit him, considering he said in that very panel that the potential John has is limitless. I don't really see how that's considered out of character with Sinestro. Has Sinestro not recruit the most powerful villains in the DCU during Sinestro Corps War? If Sinestro's goal is to bring order in a universal level, then of course he's going to attempt to recruit others at every chance he gets.