Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    LOL no you don't date your friend's ex there's a code and it will only make john kyle and sora look bad
    I believe in the code. As I pointed out, the four knuckleheads have already swapped lovers in the past.

It makes the universe rather small.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    No worse than when Bruce and Lois dated in the DCAU :P

Marvel characters trade love interests among teams all the time

People aren't property, so if Kyle moves on, I don't think it has to ruin whatever level of friendship they have
    DCAU Bruce also smashed Barbara Gordon....his best friend's daughter....and his surrogate son's first love.

It made sense DCAU Bruce ended up old and alone.

Funny enough, that has actually turned me off to several Marvel characters over the years.

I was overjoyed with the Lyja/Alicia Masters retcon. How could Johnny do that to Ben?

I hated Wonder Man pursuing Wanda for a long time....Vision is supposed to be his "brother".

That's just a few examples.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 10-04-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Hey guys, what would be so bad about John being in a romantic relationship with a regular civilian? Perhaps she can be a woman who owns an architecture firm/company.
    I would pass. All of John's notable romances came from super-powered/alien women.

I don't think that should change.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Green Lantern and The Flash by Jorge Jimenez

Speaking of Marvel, Oliver Queen better be glad Namor is not around.....look at Black Canary!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I would pass. All of John's notable romances came from super-powered/alien women.

I don't think that should change.

You're right. I do like seeing John with these exotic women.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

You're right. I do like seeing John with these exotic women.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a spin-off limited series with John and his powered love interest. Similar to what was done with Superman and Wonder Woman.

I think if there was a limited series with John and Hawkgirl, I think it would benefit the character and adds more depth. This also appeals to Hawkgirl fans as well. I know a lot of you guys would rather him be with someone else, due to possible issues with biased writers and for other reasons. But I think you could tell great stories with John and Hawkgirl doing adventures together.

I read the recent issue of Justice League #9 and I thought it was great to see the tour around the Hall of Justice. I liked the panel where it showed the costumes over the mannequins, where John's costume was in-between the other main leaguers. It was different than the first issue of Justice League. I'm glad that was added in there. And having the tour around the Hall of Justice showed different rooms for the leaguers. I liked the way Wonder Woman described John Stewart's domain.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think if there was a limited series with John and Hawkgirl, I think it would benefit the character and adds more depth. This also appeals to Hawkgirl fans as well. I know a lot of you guys would rather him be with someone else, due to possible issues with biased writers and for other reasons. But I think you could tell great stories with John and Hawkgirl doing adventures together.
    I would love to see a Green Lantern/Hawkgirl miniseries as well, but I suspect that Snyder's going to want to keep them to himself in Justice League for the time being. I'm actually surprised that he's letting Orlando spin off J'Onn into his own solo book this early, but maybe the pitch was too good to turn down. Either way, I would love to see the ancient Egyptian Lancelot/Guinevere stuff from the DCAU rolled into the DCU proper. The more new layers introduced to John outside of the GL mythos, the better.

I read the recent issue of Justice League #9 and I thought it was great to see the tour around the Hall of Justice. I liked the panel where it showed the costumes over the mannequins, where John's costume was in-between the other main leaguers. It was different than the first issue of Justice League. I'm glad that was added in there. And having the tour around the Hall of Justice showed different rooms for the leaguers. I liked the way Wonder Woman described John Stewart's domain.
    I appreciated the repositioning of the mnnequins to reflect the current line-up, too. My thinking was the founding 7 were put in the first row on opening day of the Hall of Justice to honor the original members (and to subtly point to the restoration of J'Onn's founder status without slighting Vic), but they've now put the current members in front, because they're the ones currently carrying on the legacy. I'm sure once the JSA are restored fully, we'll see something similar.

Hey guys, what would be so bad about John being in a romantic relationship with a regular civilian? Perhaps she can be a woman who owns an architecture firm/company.
    Nah, too similar to Hal and Carol

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I would love to see a Green Lantern/Hawkgirl miniseries as well, but I suspect that Snyder's going to want to keep them to himself in Justice League for the time being. I'm actually surprised that he's letting Orlando spin off J'Onn into his own solo book this early, but maybe the pitch was too good to turn down. Either way, I would love to see the ancient Egyptian Lancelot/Guinevere stuff from the DCAU rolled into the DCU proper. The more new layers introduced to John outside of the GL mythos, the better.

I appreciated the repositioning of the mnnequins to reflect the current line-up, too. My thinking was the founding 7 were put in the first row on opening day of the Hall of Justice to honor the original members (and to subtly point to the restoration of J'Onn's founder status without slighting Vic), but they've now put the current members in front, because they're the ones currently carrying on the legacy. I'm sure once the JSA are restored fully, we'll see something similar.
    I know this is off topic but I've been in a big JSA mood lately. I can't wait to see how they're brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Speaking of Marvel, Oliver Queen better be glad Namor is not around.....look at Black Canary!
    Lmao, Ollie's a lucky man indeed.

Extraordinary Member

I do like seeing John with these exotic women.

I wouldn't mind seeing a spin-off limited series with John and his powered love interest. Similar to what was done with Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Just remember: he is "Square" John Stewart.

Like Scott Summers & Peter Parker....it is funny that this unlikely guy attracts really out of this world women.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to see a Green Lantern/Hawkgirl mini series He did say he always wanted to write John Stewart for a while now. And it looks like we're going to see John, Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter exploring Hawkworld after the Drowned Earth storyline. The good thing is that John is going to be exploring other worlds we never really seen him explore before. It does add new layers to the John Stewart character. I predict that John is going to have his own solo in the future. It could be a mini series that relates to a planned Justice League Event or he'll have his own solo. I just don't see him and Hawkgirl being the only leaguers not having a book in a very long period in the Justice League run.

Scott Snyder, to me is one of the best John Stewart writers. Would be nice if he did a John Stewart solo one day.

You're right, regarding the mannequins. That makes perfect sense.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to see a Green Lantern/Hawkgirl mini series He did say he always wanted to write John Stewart for a while now. And it looks like we're going to see John, Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter exploring Hawkworld after the Drowned Earth storyline. The good thing is that John is going to be exploring other worlds we never really seen him explore before. It does add new layers to the John Stewart character. I predict that John is going to have his own solo in the future. It could be a mini series that relates to a planned Justice League Event or he'll have his own solo. I just don't see him and Hawkgirl being the only leaguers not having a book in a very long period in the Justice League run.

Scott Snyder, to me is one of the best John Stewart writers. Would be nice if he did a John Stewart solo one day.

You're right, regarding the mannequins. That makes perfect sense.
    I'm a huge fan of Snyder (his run on Batman and Duke Thomas are the reason I started reading comics) and he's done a good job of writing John so far but I think it's too early to say if he's one of the best John writers just yet. How he elaborates on John's character and these new UV powers will be the proving ground for me. I will say this, he definitely reinvigorated my love for John! He's definitely on track to be one of the best John writers for sure.

I would love a Hawkgirl/John Stewart mini almost as much as I would love a solid John solo. I think having John's romance be at the forefront of a title like that would be a great way to distinguish his relationship from the the other Lanterns', which tend to be more supporting. It would be be in the spirit of his relationship with Katma as well, who was his partner as well as his love interest. People would likely feel a way about Hawkgirl not being with Hawkman but I think their whole reincarnation concept allows some room for them to see other people. In the hands of the right writer it could be super interesting.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."