Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

If Scott Snyder does another Q/A for the fans, I'll alert everyone here. I'll keep an eye out.

Scott Snyder said in an recent interview that there's an unannounced book that they're going to announce soon. Would be nice if it was a John Stewart book that ties with the Totality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Scott Snyder said in an recent interview that there's an unannounced book that they're going to announce soon. Would be nice if it was a John Stewart book that ties with the Totality.
    Something he’s writing? Because I’d wager it’s a Swamp Thing book if so. Morrison’s GL is going to be the only GL book for the first arc is my guess. DC will want to see the response before expanding the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Something he’s writing? Because I’d wager it’s a Swamp Thing book if so. Morrison’s GL is going to be the only GL book for the first arc is my guess. DC will want to see the response before expanding the line.
    He didn't go into specifics. I agree. As I said earlier, I don't see DC releasing two Green Lantern solos at the moment.

How would you guys feel about Bryan Hill or Christopher Priest taking on John Stewart? I think (as socially conscious individuals) they'd have two very different but equally interesting takes on tackling John's social activism background.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-08-2018 at 04:36 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    How would you guys feel about Bryan Hill or Christopher Priest take on John Stewart? I think (as socially conscious individuals) they'd have two very different but equally interesting takes on tackling John's social activism background.
    I'm not familiar with Bryan Hill. Although Christopher Priest is a writer who readers speak fondly of, I wouldn't want Christopher Priest to take on John Stewart. Anthony Shaw told me a while back that he's the one who killed off Katma Tui. We need someone who's very of John Stewart and willing to invest more into the character (like Van Jensen and Scott Snyder).

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm not familiar with Bryan Hill. Although Christopher Priest is a writer who readers speak fondly of, I wouldn't want Christopher Priest to take on John Stewart. Anthony Shaw told me a while back that he's the one who killed off Katma Tui. We need someone who's very of John Stewart and willing to invest more into the character (like Van Jensen and Scott Snyder).
    I don't think him killing Katma Tui should disqualify him from taking on John again. His political charged and urban mythological take on Black Panther helped breath new life into the character in the 90s. I feel a book or a maxiseries with him, drawn by Denys Cowan and set on earth, where he can really play on the character's social consciousness would be amazing. Although it will likely never happen because Priest is currently writing Deathstroke and apparently he's stepped away from writing black characters because he doesn't want to be pigeonholed as the "black superhero guy" (which I personally take issue with). It would be a fascinating take on the character in my opinion.

Bryan Hill is relatively new to the big two. He's currently writing Wildstorm Michael Cray and he did a short arc on Detective. He's going to do Killmonger for Marvel and Batman and the Outsiders for DC this December. He's gets pretty political on twitter and he's doing American Carnage for Veritgo (a story about a white-passing mixed FBI agent infiltrating white supremacists).
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-08-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

How would you guys feel about Bryan Hill or Christopher Priest taking on John Stewart? I think (as socially conscious individuals) they'd have two very different but equally interesting takes on tackling John's social activism background.
    Hill would do a great job I think. He’s quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. I don’t know if he’s written anything with a more Cosmic bent to it though. I’d love for Priest to take a stab but I don’t know if he’d go for it. Now that Walker is back at DC hopefully editorial won’t drive him away, and maybe he’ll get asked to write a Stewart ongoing.

Hill would do a great job I think. He’s quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. I don’t know if he’s written anything with a more Cosmic bent to it though. I’d love for Priest to take a stab but I don’t know if he’d go for it. Now that Walker is back at DC hopefully editorial won’t drive him away, and maybe he’ll get asked to write a Stewart ongoing.
    I actually just went over to twitter to ask Bryan Hill about the possibility of him writing for John one day. He said cosmic stories aren't exactly his wheelhouse but he isn't opposed to the idea, he'd just have to really think about it; to figure out the best way to do it.

currently following:

I actually just went over to twitter to ask Bryan Hill about the possibility of him writing for John one day. He said cosmic stories aren't exactly his wheelhouse but he isn't opposed to the idea, he'd just have to really think about it; to figure out the best way to do it.
    That’s what I figured. He’s mostly done street-level stuff so far from what I understand. Doesn’t mean he couldn’t do a great job but I understand the need to think about how to approach something that from a creative standpoint is outside your wheelhouse.

That’s what I figured. He’s mostly done street-level stuff so far from what I understand. Doesn’t mean he couldn’t do a great job but I understand the need to think about how to approach something that from a creative standpoint is outside your wheelhouse.
    Well he has a lot on his plate with Killmonger, Outsiders, and American Carnage right now. Since he has a pretty solid relationship with Scott Snyder, hopefully down the road (maybe after Snyder's run on Justice League and he's finished with Killmonger and American Carnage) Hill will have more mojo under his belt to take up the Lantern for John. It'd be nice to see a black writer behind the pen for John, especially one I'm a fan of.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-08-2018 at 10:02 PM.

currently following:

Mighty Member

I mean, since Hill says cosmic stories aren't his wheelhouse. (personally i don't believe him, he's way too good of a writer lol) He can always bring him back to Earth for a bit, explore new and old relationships with people.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member

Keep Preist & Starlin away from John Stewart.

It's crazy how two stories from two writers from three decades ago played such an impact on a character.

Worse part of all, neither story was character driven.

Kat was killed off, not having anything to do with John. Kat was killed off just to get Hal's attention.

Guy Gardner was supposed to be in Cosmic Odyssey, not John.

Talk about being the wrong character at the wrong time.....

Extraordinary Member

The good times....

This was some nice art, too bad this sub-plot was never followed up on.

Extraordinary Member

Best prison visit....ever?