Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    John Stewart has very powerful energy from ultra violet spectrum, since it's John's guilt that has to do with killing millions of people from Xanshi. So of course Sinestro is going to recruit him, considering he said in that very panel that the potential John has is limitless. I don't really see how that's considered out of character with Sinestro. Has Sinestro not recruit the most powerful villains in the DCU during Sinestro Corps War? If Sinestro's goal is to bring order in a universal level, then of course he's going to attempt to recruit others at every chance he gets.
    Only with that kind of teammates Sinestro doesn’t seem to want to bring order to the universe now… I started to think Anthony Shaw’s previous design is better than Snyder’s writing now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Sinestro wanted John to join him under Snyder, which is quite the opposite attitude towards John all along because he despises John and doesn’t think him as equal. However, that’s is exactly Sinestro always wanted Hal to do. He tried to draw Hal over to his side many times. You can put the dialogue on Hal and Sinestro and there won’t be anything inappropriate (of course except that “you killed a planet”).
    Of course maybe you just like that. Never mind if that is the case.
    And that's why a John and Sinestro rivalry makes sense, in my opinion. There should honestly be no further justification for them to be so either.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member

I don't see Sinestro expressing any emotional connection to John.

Sinestro only has eyes for Hal (for better & for worse).

Sinestro sees John as a weapon to exploit.

I'm glad Sinestro is full-on heel under Snyder's pen, and not that emo/anti-villain that deeply cares for Hal despite thoroughly ruining his life hot mess Johns wrote.

BANNED

John had some cool moments in today's issue.

I think every John Stewart fan should pick up today's issue. This issue was so good.

BANNED

Fast friends.

BANNED

If John had gotten his own DCAU prequel series, he would've had a pretty cool supporting cast.

I imagine the theme sounding like the Starship Troopers theme.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-15-2018 at 07:43 PM.

BANNED

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-15-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    If John had gotten his own DCAU prequel series, he would've had a pretty cool supporting cast.

I imagine the theme sounding like the Starship Troopers theme.

I'd love to see the DCAU make a comeback. Starting off with a new Green Lantern show, maybe running along side a Wonder Woman or Flash show.

Incredible Member

I honestly wonder if GLTAS has a 2nd/3rd season, how they would have handled John Stewart introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    I honestly wonder if GLTAS has a 2nd/3rd season, how they would have handled John Stewart introduction.
    Sinestro would've framed Hal for murder and John would've gone after Hal to apprehend him. They would subsequently team-up and I believe he would've become a recurring character like Guy was.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Sinestro would've framed Hal for murder and John would've gone after Hal to apprehend him. They would subsequently team-up and I believe he would've become a recurring character like Guy was.
    And they also mentioned wanting to get Phil LaMarr back to play John.

I seriously want at least one cartoon that has LaMarr and Josh Keaton together in their GL roles. It would be amazing .

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Fast friends.

I can't help but feel that Scott Snyder visions all of these characters no different than the DCAU, despite Barry and Kendra being different characters to Wally and Shayera.

What like about what Scott Snyder is doing is that his stories is going to be character-driven and not plot-driven. Which was proven in this very issue. This is really good for the John Stewart character. That's something that was lacking a lot in Robert Venditti's run with GL. This guy is doing a wonderful job with John Stewart.

All-New Member

I have to say that I am loving the direction they are taking John in. As a long time JS fan, I would have to say I am fine if they take him down this parallel path as an ultraviolet lantern fueling his powers. Literally utilizing his tragedy to fuel his character. Also fun to see him in a pivotal role in the book!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by avaz74 View Post
    I have to say that I am loving the direction they are taking John in. As a long time JS fan, I would have to say I am fine if they take him down this parallel path as an ultraviolet lantern fueling his powers. Literally utilizing his tragedy to fuel his character. Also fun to see him in a pivotal role in the book!
    It's fine for a one-off scheme, but John will always be a GL first and foremost.