Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    It would be cool if they play off the JLU cartoon and have Batman sing the blues with piano accompaniment from John. Not a dry eye in the Hall of Justice.
    That would be awesome.

John Stewart fan art by Max Raynor
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Damn, can we get that in color?

I believe he's the going to be the artist for the DC Talent Showcase that features John Stewart. He's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I believe he's the going to be the artist for the DC Talent Showcase that features John Stewart. He's really good.
    Indeed he is. I'm hella excited to see what him and Rob Jeffery are gonna do.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-07-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Indeed he is. I'm hella excited to see what him and Rob Jefferson are gonna do.
    I'm glad there's other young talent that's interested in writing John.

I'm glad there's other young talent that's interested in writing John.
    I imagine the more young talent that come in, the more likely they'll have an affinity toward John because they're more likely to have enjoyed the JL/JLU show. Especially as more black/creators of color come along.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-09-2018 at 09:04 PM.

currently following:

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Great article on the evolution of John Stewart and his "complicated" relationship with Hal Jordan. Well worth reading.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/that-time-dc...ampaign=bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Great article on the evolution of John Stewart and his "complicated" relationship with Hal Jordan. Well worth reading.

Good pull on the article! This is actually the article that made me go read Mosaic. It's a good read.

currently following:

I imagine the most young talent that comes in the more likely they'll have an affinity toward John because they're more likely to have enjoyed the JL/JLU show. Especially as more black/creators of color come along.
    I agree. Having more poc creators is something DC really needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Looks like a good read. I'll check it out. Thanks!

I'm gonna preface this by saying this is not me saying this is what DC SHOULD do, I'm just asking if this was the the direction they did go how would you do it? I wanted to stress that because I know there will usually be one person who will take offense. I love John as is but I was just wondering how to shake him up. Just go with it.

Ok, so we discussed John's feats before and we touched on the idea that part of the reason John doesn't as much attention/love is because he doesn't get the same level of development, including boosts and feats of power that the other Lanterns have received. Part of that development was experimentation with the others, such as the fact that DC has moved them away from the identity of being Green Lantern at one point or another; Guy was Red Lantern and Warrior, Kyle was Ion and White Lantern, Hal was Parallax and The Spectre. So I was thinking: DC comes to you with the mandate that they are moving John away from the Green Lantern mantle (likely not permanent) and want him become a different hero for a while. What would you name him? He doesn't have to lose anything else unless you change it but he just can't be called Green Lantern. What's his name and how do you go about it?

If there are any John detractors lurking, I'm curious about your input too. Now's your chance to pitch how to make him more interesting in your opinion

Just a thought exercise. Pitch me.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-11-2018 at 11:22 PM.

currently following:

Spectacular Member

With John recently having been an Ultraviolet Lantern, I think that could be a potential power away from the green lanterns he could have. Not only that but we could learn more about that power not only through him but with him. As for a name I guess something like "The Maker" to reference his background.

My pitch would be for John Stewart to be called “The Emerald Guardian”. John Stewart is very well regarded by Guardians of the Universe, where his leadership excels that of a Guardian. His power set would obviously be more powerful than a Green Lantern. I would have John play a key role as an elected Guardian in a dying multiverse that’s already happening in the DCU. This would be where he would have miniseries. And at the end, he would have the very power to bring Xanshi back to life. That’s something I hope we’ll see more of as what was briefly said at the start of Snyder’s Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    With John recently having been an Ultraviolet Lantern, I think that could be a potential power away from the green lanterns he could have. Not only that but we could learn more about that power not only through him but with him. As for a name I guess something like "The Maker" to reference his background.
    A similar thought occurred to me, I settled on the name Master Builder since that's usually what he's referred to as anyway.

My pitch would be for John Stewart to be called “The Emerald Guardian”. John Stewart is very well regarded by Guardians of the Universe, where his leadership excels that of a Guardian. His power set would obviously be more powerful than a Green Lantern. I would have John play a key role as an elected Guardian in a dying multiverse that’s already happening in the DCU. This would be where he would have miniseries. And at the end, he would have the very power to bring Xanshi back to life. That’s something I hope we’ll see more of as what was briefly said at the start of Snyder’s Justice League.
    Hmm if they were to bring Xanshi back, would you have the citizens restored or just the planet back and the civilians with grow over time?

currently following: