Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    BANNED

John looks best with the fade, IMO. I never liked the bald goatee look for him. I don't really care what is done with some alternate reality villain version of him. That whole other team looks weird anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

So they dropped some news about the Justice League Sixth Dimension arc/event. We have White Lantern future John. While I wish they'd let him have a beard AND hair, I dig it.
    Hawkgirl looks probably the least changed (maybe another Hawkgirl reincarnation?).
    Isn't Cyborg just on the League's space team? I think that's a better role for him than the being underserved on the core Justice League. I think Cyborg works best on a team with smaller Names and having him be a lead on a more scifi setting is better than him getting dunked-on on the Justice League or getting demoted to the Titans/Teen Titans.
    The Odyssey roster feels like Space Titans with Justice League branding to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hawkgirl looks probably the least changed (maybe another Hawkgirl reincarnation?).
    I'm thinking that's the case. It appears to be a different Flash too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Odyssey roster feels like Space Titans with Justice League branding to me.
    I don't think so, I feel like this is more DC's answer to Guardians of the Galaxy with Justice League branding.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-18-2018 at 06:03 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Cyborg is better in Odyssey than anywhere he has been since the New 52. While I think the writers who have handled him have a lot to do with that, I also think there are certain situations he is and isn't suited for. I don't think being a Justice League founder suits him at all, and making him one was one of the worst things to happen to that character. He will always be squashed underneath the other characters there, he will never fit with them, and people will wonder why he is there. What does suit him is being on a team with Starfire and lesser known characters where he can get better spotlight and where his membership isn't always drawn into question or explained away with tokenism... which would actually be the correct explanation. I guess what I'm getting at is that Cyborg doesn't seem like a random throwaway token over in Odyssey, and I think it's probably better he isn't around in the main League, especially if the writer doesn't really want him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Cyborg is better in Odyssey than anywhere he has been since the New 52. While I think the writers who have handled him have a lot to do with that, I also think there are certain situations he is and isn't suited for. I don't think being a Justice League founder suits him at all, and making him one was one of the worst things to happen to that character. He will always be squashed underneath the other characters there, he will never fit with them, and people will wonder why he is there. What does suit him is being on a team with Starfire and lesser known characters where he can get better spotlight and where his membership isn't always drawn into question or explained away with tokenism... which would actually be the correct explanation. I guess what I'm getting at is that Cyborg doesn't seem like a random throwaway token over in Odyssey, and I think it's probably better he isn't around in the main League, especially if the writer doesn't really want him there.
    I 100% support this reasoning. I feel DC painted themselves into a corner when they haphazardly threw Cyborg on the League with their heavy hitters; he wasn't getting the same shine as the others and to put him back with the Titans would have looked like a demotion of the one black character on the roster. That's why JLO was a clever play, it gives him room to shine and SHOULD deduce the need to constantly replay the same man or machine storyline over and over like they usually do with Cyborg.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I wouldn't say there is anything inherently wrong with the look, I just personally find it overdone. Most black characters either get the standard low cut, or are the completely bald look. If they wanna switch it up,the long rasta dreads, an afro, or a fade. I just think artists could be more creative and particularly I find bald lazy. It's a small nitpick, disappointing but not something that can't be overlooked or anything.
    Personally, one of the main reasons why I wouldn't mind John Stewart having the bald look, is because I always see those type of guys date the hottest women. I guess those women thinks those type of guys are very masculine and manly. Since John having a military background, I think the bald look would go well with a long beard. I just wouldn't mind if DC went that route. If he still has the fade, then that's still fine by me

I never seen this being brought up before, but I give the artists huge credit on giving Wallace West that nice lightning part hair cut, which I think it's one of the best black hair cuts ever. This look here is definitely not lazy:

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    John looks best with the fade, IMO. I never liked the bald goatee look for him. I don't really care what is done with some alternate reality villain version of him. That whole other team looks weird anyway.
    I think they're supposed to look weird

Their costume designs looks really good though, imo. It also looks like Wonder Woman from the sixth dimension has a robotic arm. And Batman's costume design looks like a long jacket. It sort of reminds me of Batman of Earth-16 when Damon Wayne took over the Bat mantle. I wonder whether Jorge Jiminez's got this idea from Multiversity?

It's actually multi-colored, you gotta zoom in to see it. The green is the most prominent color (i'd imagine because he's a Green Lantern) but you can see some indigo, some blue, a little blue; I really dig the use of color here. Despite my reservations about John's hair design, the art is pretty dope.
    You're right, John does have a blend of different colors. Jorge Jiminez may have John's eyes glowing white, instead of green, since he's a white lantern.

Ok, so when did the ring become a tattoo?

So Justice League #14 is out today and we get a better look at John's new "ring" and some new information on it. Thoughts?

side note, if this issue is any indication then it looks like they aren't going the John/Kendra route; they appear to be moving Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter closer instead. It's pretty early, so I could be reading too much into it.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Ok, so when did the ring become a tattoo?
    My guess is it has something to do with when Sinestro bonded John to the UV on a cellular level. Why it turned to green and what the Guardians have to do with it (if anything) is still unknown.

currently following:

My guess is it has something to do with when Sinestro bonded John to the UV on a cellular level. Why it turned to green and what the Guardians have to do with it (if anything) is still unknown.
    After that battle where he turned back green he says "the ring" just appeared. I thought I missed something with it now being a tattoo. Regardless, I love what they did here.

This is something I wished for back when they introduced the Alpha Lanterns.
    Last edited by Iconic; 12-19-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

So Justice League #14 is out today and we get a better look at John's new "ring" and some new information on it. Thoughts?

side note, if this issue is any indication then it looks like they aren't going the John/Kendra route; they appear to be moving Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter closer instead. It's pretty early, so I could be reading too much into it.
    I hope this new set-up regarding John's power is permanent. This really makes him unique.

I'm quite fine with Kendra & MM getting closer.

I just want to repeat: the White Lantern gear looks great on the alternate John.

Extraordinary Member

Sinestro is such a rat-bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    After that battle where he turned back green he says "the ring" just appeared. I thought I missed something with it now being a tattoo. Regardless, I love what they did here.

This is something I wished for back when they introduced the Alpha Lanterns.
    What a shame the writers never thought to shake-up John's status quo back then, but thankfully, the future is looking rather bright.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    At this point, John's fade is as iconic as Superman's spit curl.

This is my fav look for him as well. The fade just works for him.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!