Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

DSCF0177crop1.jpg

This is interesting. DSCF0177crop1.jpg
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Justice League is 6 issues in. Well, 7 issues in, counting this week. I’ve recently re-read all of Scott Snyder’s Justice League issues. And it’s been so good. It’s been years since I’ve enjoyed a DC book. With that said, does anyone here think Scott Snyder should be the ideal candidate to write a John Stewart Green Lantern book if he had the chance to?

I think he should be. And let me tell you guys why:

Scott Snyder is one of DC’s top writers

He’s certainly one of the top DC writers in the industry that decided to write a team book and specifically chose John Stewart as the League’s Green Lantern. And it’s paying off so far. This is the first time that ever happened with the character since post-crisis. That’s a BIG deal for a John Stewart fan. I don’t think in this day and age; John Stewart could’ve gotten a bigger platform if it wasn’t for Scott Snyder.

John Stewart’s character is being fixed under Snyder

He seems to be addressing the Xanshi issue that destroyed John’s character for years to the point where other writers tend to use that incident to put the character down, while making the other Green Lanterns look better. This evidence was proven with writers such as Judd Winick (with Kyle), Geoff Johns (with Hal), and Peter Tomasi (with Guy). But Snyder seems to use it in a positive manner to elevate John as a character. In Snyder’s book, it’s explained, according to Batman, that ever since Xanshi being destroyed John Stewart only has the marine aspect. But now, Batman desires for John to be the architect again. Snyder is fixing the character the same way Geoff Johns did with Hal Jordan. This is the first time EVER that John Stewart fans aren’t being critical to a writer bringing up Xanshi in a story. In fact, it’s been a very positive reaction.

He seems invested into the John Stewart character.

Throughout interviews, Scott Snyder seemed to follow up on what was done with the character. He said he loves what was done with him in Robert Venditti’s run, which was him being a Corps leader, but he wants to elevate him more in his book. He’s went on record saying that. I’m sure he followed the character probably even in fan-favorite Van Jensen’s run as well.

He didn’t just put John Stewart onto the team just because he’s fond of the character. But there’s been reasons behind it. He looks at John Stewart as an analytical thinker that makes hard decisions and believes that he could be there to share his thought process to protect Earth from intergalactic threats. He’s a character that could make a positive outcome, due to his troubled past. And of course, his relationship with the Martian Manhunter.

He expanded the Green Lantern mythology and tied it to John Stewart

John Stewart seems to have a bigger Green Lantern mythology tied to him than ever before. Since the source wall has been broken, it’s been revealed that there’s been seven hidden forces that needs to be unlocked to control the Totality. The Invisible Spectrum and the Still Force has been unlocked thus far. The Invisible Spectrum is added as part of a lantern mythology that’s been expanded upon from Geoff Johns’ innovative Green Lantern run. But now, John Stewart and Sinestro seems to be taking center on this expanded Lantern mythology without any other Green Lanterns being involved.

He’s a John Stewart fan

Scott Snyder could be a bigger John Stewart Green Lantern fan more than all of us think. On multiple interviews, he said how much he loves the character. He even said on a recent interview that he’s been always wanting to write the character for years and now he’s finally got the chance to write him in his book. He’s also expressed on how much of a big fan he is with John Stewart’s relationship with Hawkgirl. He listed that relationship as one of the best moments in Justice League history.

So what does everyone think? Should he be the ideal writer to write a John Stewart book if he wanted to? Does anyone agree or disagree with some of my points?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Justice League is 6 issues in. Well, 7 issues in, counting this week. I’ve recently re-read all of Scott Snyder’s Justice League issues. And it’s been so good. It’s been years since I’ve enjoyed a DC book. With that said, does anyone here think Scott Snyder should be the ideal candidate to write a John Stewart Green Lantern book if he had the chance to?

He’s certainly one of the top DC writers in the industry that decided to write a team book and specifically chose John Stewart as the League’s Green Lantern. And it’s paying off so far. This is the first time that ever happened with the character since post-crisis. That’s a BIG deal for a John Stewart fan. I don’t think in this day and age; John Stewart could’ve gotten a bigger platform if it wasn’t for Scott Snyder.

He seems to be addressing the Xanshi issue that destroyed John’s character for years to the point where other writers tend to use that incident to put the character down, while making the other Green Lanterns look better. This evidence was proven with writers such as Judd Winick (with Kyle), Geoff Johns (with Hal), and Peter Tomasi (with Guy). But Snyder seems to use it in a positive manner to elevate John as a character. In Snyder’s book, it’s explained, according to Batman, that ever since Xanshi being destroyed John Stewart only has the marine aspect. But now, Batman desires for John to be the architect again. Snyder is fixing the character the same way Geoff Johns did with Hal Jordan. This is the first time EVER that John Stewart fans aren’t being critical to a writer bringing up Xanshi in a story. In fact, it’s been a very positive reaction.

Throughout interviews, Scott Snyder seemed to follow up on what was done with the character. He said he loves what was done with him in Robert Venditti’s run, which was him being a Corps leader, but he wants to elevate him more in his book. He’s went on record saying that. I’m sure he followed the character probably even in fan-favorite Van Jensen’s run as well.

He didn’t just put John Stewart onto the team just because he’s fond of the character. But there’s been reasons behind it. He looks at John Stewart as an analytical thinker that makes hard decisions and believes that he could be there to share his thought process to protect Earth from intergalactic threats. He’s a character that could make a positive outcome, due to his troubled past. And of course, his relationship with the Martian Manhunter.

John Stewart seems to have a bigger Green Lantern mythology tied to him than ever before. Since the source wall has been broken, it’s been revealed that there’s been seven hidden forces that needs to be unlocked to control the Totality. The Invisible Spectrum and the Still Force has been unlocked thus far. The Invisible Spectrum is added as part of a lantern mythology that’s been expanded upon from Geoff Johns’ innovative Green Lantern run. But now, John Stewart and Sinestro seems to be taking center on this expanded Lantern mythology without any other Green Lanterns being involved.

He’s a John Stewart fan

Scott Snyder could be a bigger John Stewart Green Lantern fan more than all of us think. On multiple interviews, he said how much he loves the character. He even said on a recent interview that he’s been always wanting to write the character for years and now he’s finally got the chance to write him in his book. He’s also expressed on how much of a big fan he is with John Stewart’s relationship with Hawkgirl. He listed that relationship as one of the best moments in Justice League history.

So what does everyone think? Should he be the ideal writer to write a John Stewart book if he wanted to? Does anyone agree or disagree with some of my points?
    This is a great post. You will find no disagreements from me.

I'd love for Snyder to write a John Stewart solo.

Hopefully, John will get a solo after this run is complete. I also hope the next JL writer will keep John on the roster.

Mighty Member

I second everything Sodam said. I can't imagine DC telling Snyder no when it comes to writing a John Stewart book. You never know, maybe they're waiting for the right pitch.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Any specific artists you guys want on John Stewart's book?
    I'd like to see what Kenneth Rocafort can do, or have Doug Mahnke come back.

Fabok. Though I'm biased since I want Fabok on pretty much every book.

Astonishing Member

M.D. Bright or Cully Hamner but I am a nostalgia buff.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Fabok would be awesome!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    This is a great post. You will find no disagreements from me.

I'd love for Snyder to write a John Stewart solo.

Hopefully, John will get a solo after this run is complete. I also hope the next JL writer will keep John on the roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I second everything Sodam said. I can't imagine DC telling Snyder no when it comes to writing a John Stewart book. You never know, maybe they're waiting for the right pitch.
    Thanks guys.

I think Snyder can write a good John Stewart book. John definitely deserves his own solo. If I had to choose who would be the ideal candidate for a John Stewart book, Snyder would be at the top of my list.

I don't think DC would turn down a John Stewart solo pitch for someone as big as Snyder. Even DC approved a pitch for Duke Thomas, who currently has a mini solo series. I don't think he would have if it wasn't for Snyder.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    M.D. Bright or Cully Hamner but I am a nostalgia buff.
    Since he got screwed over the first time he did John's solo and for the fact we may never see that run in trades. So it would be to me poetic justice if he did it as he said that book was selling when an editor decided he didn't want the book around.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Thanks guys.

I think Snyder can write a good John Stewart book. John definitely deserves his own solo. If I had to choose who would be the ideal candidate for a John Stewart book, Snyder would be at the top of my list.

I don't think DC would turn down a John Stewart solo pitch for someone as big as Snyder. Even DC approved a pitch for Duke Thomas, who currently has a mini solo series. I don't think he would have if it wasn't for Snyder.
    Agreed. I think if Snyder pitched it, DC would definitely let them do it. Maybe we should all start hitting up Snyder on Twitter to pitch a solo book for John.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    What is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Fabok would be ideal. But he's too much Silver Age nostalgia. But I would love to see him draw a John Stewart solo, though. He's definitely one of DC's top tier artists. He's one of my favorite artists at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Any specific artists you guys want on John Stewart's book?
    I'd like to see what Kenneth Rocafort can do, or have Doug Mahnke come back.
    This.

I think Kenneth Rocafart could do an excellent job, because he's very good at drawing background illustrations. He tends to draw those nice sci-fi backgrounds looks. John Stewart's constructs would look amazing under his art for sure. He would probably be my number 1 choice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Agreed. I think if Snyder pitched it, DC would definitely let them do it. Maybe we should all start hitting up Snyder on Twitter to pitch a solo book for John.
    Agreed! We should all message Snyder on twitter and request for him to pitch a John Stewart solo. That's a good idea!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

He’s a John Stewart fan

Lovely post agree with all of it. I think he has what it takes to write John. He would at least push the character in a direction that would be new and interesting.