Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Fabok. Though I'm biased since I want Fabok on pretty much every book.
    I don't blame you, his art is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Thanks guys.

I think Snyder can write a good John Stewart book. John definitely deserves his own solo. If I had to choose who would be the ideal candidate for a John Stewart book, Snyder would be at the top of my list.

I don't think DC would turn down a John Stewart solo pitch for someone as big as Snyder. Even DC approved a pitch for Duke Thomas, who currently has a mini solo series. I don't think he would have if it wasn't for Snyder.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Lovely post agree with all of it. I think he has what it takes to write John. He would at least push the character in a direction that would be new and interesting.
    Both really good points. Snyder is a top writer at DC and has a lot of good will (ha, no pun intended) with the fans. If he does a John book it's bound to get a lot of attention, especially if it's around the time of the movie's release

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    What is this from?
    I think it's from a fan-made Youtube series. I can't remember the exact name of it cuz it's been so long since I've seen it.

Justice League #7 releases next week. I believe this issue is going to be the epic collusion with the Justice League vs Legion of Doom. Can't wait to see the John vs Sinestro showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Lovely post agree with all of it. I think he has what it takes to write John. He would at least push the character in a direction that would be new and interesting.
    Thanks!

I'm also surprised that he knows how to write these characters. Snyder has always been known to write Batman, but now he's able to write other characters very well. I didn't know he could write the Green Lantern mythos and John Stewart so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Both really good points. Snyder is a top writer at DC and has a lot of good will (ha, no pun intended) with the fans. If he does a John book it's bound to get a lot of attention, especially if it's around the time of the movie's release
    Agreed. His name alone sells. He seems to be very knowledgeable with the Green Lantern concept. I'm amazed on his knowledge and writing.

Mighty Member

I even think i would be open to a John Stewart title that wasn't part of the main continuity. Something under Black Label, Vertigo or Young Animal.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member

James Gunn totally beat DC at this. But the fact that John & Kat were married at a black church meant that alien Green Lanterns were exposed to gospel, and most likely other forms of soul music. I have always believed that Kat probably listened to whatever Earth music John did. I would imagine Kat listening to music John's mother owned.

Kat would be quite familiar with African American culture, as John would be familiar with the culture on Korugar (which is a key reason for John & Sinestro to have some type of relationship outside of Hal Jordan).

Kat should have been singing "Rubberband Man" long before Gamora, dammit!!!

Extraordinary Member

The same could have been done with Shayera.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I even think i would be open to a John Stewart title that wasn't part of the main continuity. Something under Black Label, Vertigo or Young Animal.
    I would actually be down with that. I wouldn't mind seeing a non-canon title starring John Stewart is in. It would be an interesting direction.

John Stewart in Justice League #7 preview

Can anyone here predict who's going to win between John and Sinestro?

It's also worth noting that John Stewart and Barry Allen never interacted with each other in Post-Crisis and the New 52. This is the first time we see them interacting with each other in Snyder's JL run. The only time they interacted with each other was in Tom Taylor's JL/Power Rangers crossover, which is non-canon.

I wonder why Sinestro is using a Hal Jordan construct against John Stewart? Does it have anything to do with John's inner demons that has something to do with Hal? Or do John and Hal had a previous conflict with each other years ago that had something to do with John making a mistake? This is interesting.

I'm interested to see how all of this plays out this Wednesday.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I love Reis' art. John could beat Sinestro but it would be tough.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    John better beat Sinestro on his own. I'll have no more nonsense about John being the "weakest" lantern. He should easily be at the top.
    (Edit): Im not saying you have that perception. These are just my independent statements letting out some frustration regarding some John haters I've come across in the past.
    Last edited by Cosmic Emerald 23; 09-02-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I too love Rei's art and I want John to beat Sinestro on his own. But, is that Reis' art above? I thought it was Jim Cheung.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    John better beat Sinestro on his own. I'll have no more nonsense about John being the "weakest" lantern. He should easily be at the top.
    (Edit): Im not saying you have that perception. These are just my independent statements letting out some frustration regarding some John haters I've come across in the past.
    Agreed. I want John to beat Sinestro one-on-one without any special power-ups or advantages.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I too love Rei's art and I want John to beat Sinestro on his own. But, is that Reis' art above? I thought it was Jim Cheung.
    Yea, that's Jim Cheung's art. His art looks really good.