Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    It's also a big deal because heroes rarely get the chance to rewrite the tragedy in their lives.
    I agree. I can't wait to see what the conclusion is going to be like this week!

There's something I need to bring up here. It was something that Dan Jurgens said recently, via cbr:

I can’t understand why Guy Gardner doesn’t have a series
    He should have a some kind of series, he’s a great, fun character.
    BUT the same can be more said on how I can't understand why John Stewart doesn't have a series. His comments comes off to me as if Guy Gardner should be treated better by DC. Guy has pretty much had multiple solo runs throughout the years. John's success, thanks to the DCAU didn't stop Gardner from still having a new series, while John was still shafted behind all human Green Lanterns. Guy has been treated quite well. These are issues I have a problem with DC. They seem to try to overlook John Stewart and propping up lesser known characters. There has been many demand for John Stewart, among the fanbase. His name is even being brought up in mainstream media. But these guys seems to ignore that.

John deserves a solo more than anyone, imo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    There's something I need to bring up here. It was something that Dan Jurgens said recently, via cbr:

BUT the same can be more said on how I can't understand why John Stewart doesn't have a series. His comments comes off to me as if Guy Gardner should be treated better by DC. Guy has pretty much had multiple solo runs throughout the years. John's success, thanks to the DCAU didn't stop Gardner from still having a new series, while John was still shafted behind all human Green Lanterns. Guy has been treated quite well. These are issues I have a problem with DC. They seem to try to overlook John Stewart and propping up lesser known characters. There has been many demand for John Stewart, among the fanbase. His name is even being brought up in mainstream media. But these guys seems to ignore that.

John deserves a solo more than anyone, imo
    He had a primary role in the Justice League cartoons which likely had a greater impact than anything that was printed. For many kids growing up, John Stewart, and Hawkgirl were the only GL they had come to know.. and that was a nearly complete rewrite of the character which has now leaked in the the comics.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

If DC had kept this status quo change for John would you guys have liked it?

Saw this picture on the Internet and I love it!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I too love Rei's art and I want John to beat Sinestro on his own. But, is that Reis' art above? I thought it was Jim Cheung.
    Yeah, it is. I love his art too.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Nooooooooooooo!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I would only have liked it temporarily. The whole point of John being the first male Star-Sapphire was because of his love and devotion to the Green Lantern Corps. I'm not saying this just because I'm a huge John Stewart fan, but I feel he's probably the most devoted member of the Green Lantern Corps. He's a good leader and care for the well being of The Green Lantern Corps. Probably even more so than the Guardians. The Guardians has already said that John's leadership is Guardian level material. John is an awesome character.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Nooooooooooooo!
    Hahaa I basically agree. It was nice for a while but for a permanent thing I wouldn't have liked it. I wanted to ask because I never seen this forum reaction to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I would only have liked it temporarily. The whole point of John being the first male Star-Sapphire was because of his love and devotion to the Green Lantern Corps. I'm not saying this just because I'm a huge John Stewart fan, but I feel he's probably the most devoted member of the Green Lantern Corps. He's a good leader and care for the well being of The Green Lantern Corps. Probably even more so than the Guardians. The Guardians has already said that John's leadership is Guardian level material. John is an awesome character.
    Now that you say that, John wouldn't have anything if he leaves the Corps. He hasn't been written with a life outside the Corps which should've been established already. You have a few hints here and there but not on the level of the other Lanterns. Heck, imo Baz and Jessica have more depth to their life than John since this reboot.

Now that you say that, John wouldn't have anything if he leaves the Corps. He hasn't been written with a life outside the Corps which should've been established already. You have a few hints here and there but not on the level of the other Lanterns. Heck, imo Baz and Jessica have more depth to their life than John since this reboot.
    Yea, that's an issue. Every since New 52, there hasn't been any stories with John on Earth, other than his origin stories with Van Jensen. I blame a lot of these on writers and editorials. Even during Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run, where John was supposedly to play a role in that book, there hasn't been any stories with him on Earth, either. The only time I see John on Earth is when it needs rebuilding. Other than that, I'm glad to see John playing big roles on Earth in the Justice League. I'm sure we'll see more of his life on Earth. Scott Snyder said the next story arc (after the Aquaman/Wonder Woman arc) is going to be more focuses on Green Lantern, Hawk Girl, and Martian Manhunter. We'll probably see more of John's life in that arc.

BANNED

Found these cake toppers-- Willing to bet the GL is our boy, considering the hair and exposed ears:

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

John and martian manhunter had a really nice moment in justice league today

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    John and martian manhunter had a really nice moment in justice league today
    It was a terrific issue! I'm glad that their differences are finally settled after all of these years.

I liked the showdown with John and Sinestro, but I can't help but feel like it was a little tease. They're definitely going to go at it again in later Justice League issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Found these cake toppers-- Willing to bet the GL is our boy, considering the hair and exposed ears:

This is nice!

This latest JL issue was fun and a real good moment for John. I'm finally glad Snyder had the decency to establish a good relationship between MM and John.

What did he mean about his ring though?