Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I have to admit that, behind her original Batgirl suit, the Black Bat costume is the best one she'd had. It's simplistic, and in a good way.
    Speaking of her Black Bat suit, I was at Walmart today and found the little twopack of Black Bat and Ninja Batman (who, let's face it, is just Batwing!) Now my new Spoiler action figure has a friend!

The little bio on the back of the box is surpringly accurate!

And I love that Rookie, JimBat's robot suit as Batman, is a playset for the imaginext toy series for DC.

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    I don't think the mask fits that costume at all. Makes her look like a budget Robin.
    Yeah, too much exaggeration to it.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Speaking of her Black Bat suit, I was at Walmart today and found the little twopack of Black Bat and Ninja Batman (who, let's face it, is just Batwing!)
    Uh, since when did Batwing switch from a tech-hero to the martial arts?

Wasn't there an animated ninja Batman they might be more likely to have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Speaking of her Black Bat suit, I was at Walmart today and found the little twopack of Black Bat and Ninja Batman (who, let's face it, is just Batwing!) Now my new Spoiler action figure has a friend!

The little bio on the back of the box is surpringly accurate!

And I love that Rookie, JimBat's robot suit as Batman, is a playset for the imaginext toy series for DC.

In general I'm glad to see Steph and Cass getting figures and toys even if DC never promotes them as hard as they do Babs.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Uh, since when did Batwing switch from a tech-hero to the martial arts?

Wasn't there an animated ninja Batman they might be more likely to have in mind?[/img]
    I'm just saying that the "Ninja Batman" suit looks almost identical in many ways to the Batwing suit.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

NYCC 2018: DC's TOM KING Spotlight
    (cass can appear again in King run)

The next question is about whether or not we'll see more of Damian, Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown.

"The family is trying to help Bruce with his trauma while Bane is trying to have Bruce lean into his trauma so that will be the story for the next few issues." - King

from Batman: No Man's Land Secret Files #1 (December 1999):

BANNED

Cass needs her ORIGINAL TIES TO THE BATMAN FAMILY RESTORED...As this is a sad thing to see for a fan of the character...https://www.cbr.com/james-tynion-cas...in-birds-prey/

Another great character with a unique backstory who I love. The Bat Family certainly has more than its fair share of top-notch talent little wonder Batman related comics are my favorites.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Cass needs her ORIGINAL TIES TO THE BATMAN FAMILY RESTORED...As this is a sad thing to see for a fan of the character...https://www.cbr.com/james-tynion-cas...in-birds-prey/
    But her original ties can no longer be restored as they were. Cassandra got the Batgirl identity after Barbara hadn't been using it for around a decade; since Barbara is still actively Batgirl, it would be cruel to suddenly cripple Barbara AGAIN just to let Cassandra be the new Batgirl. So if that option isn't available, that means other things can't be put back into play exactly as they were.
    Right now, we just have to see what DC does to move Cassandra forward from where she is now and hope DC doesn't screw her over (AGAIN!) in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But her original ties can no longer be restored as they were. Cassandra got the Batgirl identity after Barbara hadn't been using it for around a decade; since Barbara is still actively Batgirl, it would be cruel to suddenly cripple Barbara AGAIN just to let Cassandra be the new Batgirl. So if that option isn't available, that means other things can't be put back into play exactly as they were.
    Right now, we just have to see what DC does to move Cassandra forward from where she is now and hope DC doesn't screw her over (AGAIN!) in the process.
    One way to compromise would be that Babs wants to follow in her father's footsteps or otherwise wishes to retire from the cowl and cape. She sees how much the symbol means to Cass and passes it on to her.

That way, Babs isn't back in the wheelchair, but Cass still gets the symbol back.

At least Cass and Steph are still close friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    One way to compromise would be that Babs wants to follow in her father's footsteps or otherwise wishes to retire from the cowl and cape. She sees how much the symbol means to Cass and passes it on to her.

That way, Babs isn't back in the wheelchair, but Cass still gets the symbol back.
    But it still steals the Batgirl mantle from Babs, and that would alienate people who actually enjoy her as Batgirl.

There's no way to make Cassandra a "Batgirl" again without pissing off other fans.

I don't want it if it doesn't feel genuine. Batfamily hardly feels like a family anymore and adding more characters to it is not going to fix it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

@bryanedwardhill

Some talk that Cassandra Cain should become Batman. She's a little young for that, but underneath that is a desire to see Cassandra evolve. I'm of the same mind.

In BATMAN and THE OUTSIDERS I'm working on that. Second Arc. #batman #comics

10:04 AM - 17 Oct 2018