Page 89 of 115 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1723

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Haha, don't sound so self-deprecating. Sometimes Morrison pulls obscure stuff from the 17th century comics or something that no mere mortals would be able to understand. That's just his MO
    Yeah no kidding. Imagine being a 13-14 year old kid trying to figure this out. I'm not into following sales too closely (it got way too depressing during the last run) but I'd be curious to see how this one does. With all the promotion, I'd think it will come in the top 10 unless there's a bunch of other big deal books bunched in there. But I'd also like to see how the rest of the series does. Hopefully well, right? These big name creators aren't the big draw that they used to be. Bendis Superman hasn't lit the world on fire like those 2 page ads seemed to indicate. At the end of the day, it's all about the product and not the name on the cover.

Also with my blue ring on, I really hope Morrison supposedly giving Hal a string of random relationships doesn't make him seem outdated or piss people off in today's climate.

Hal "Bare Back" Jordan. I think we have a new call sign for him.
    Save Ferris...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    The scene with Hal and Carol was only a scene of them kissing anyway, it's not like Venditti had actually put any effort throughout Hal n Pals into giving them a relationship again I would have liked to see them together again too though. Morrison did say he thinks Carol is Hal's true love but he wants to use the women in Hal's life as a way of looking at Hal as a character so maybe we'll see Hal and Carol together by the end of TGL.
    Perhaps the Carol reconcilliation in Venditti's run happened after TGL 1.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Also with my blue ring on, I really hope Morrison supposedly giving Hal a string of random relationships doesn't make him seem outdated or piss people off in today's climate.
    They do address that he suits character archetype that has fallen out of fashion but I think they're using it to showcase why his life on earth is the way it is rather than trying to show him as an outdated character or as some womanizing jerk that people shouldn't like. I think the comparisons to 70s leading men are pretty apt.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd
    Hal "Bare Back" Jordan. I think we have a new call sign for him.
    I do wonder what former flames we'll see next...

I'm curious if he has any plans for Arisia...man, I'm just imagining Morrison doing something with that relationship .

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Perhaps the Carol reconcilliation in Venditti's run happened after TGL 1.
    Hal and Carol are always on-again, off-again. That kiss didn't have to mean anything more than them reconnecting and settling any harsh feelings. It didn't have to mean the beginning of anything, so in my mind it was left open. I'm sure Morrison with deal with his relationship with Carol at some point without tying them together into any kind of traditional "couple" relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious if he has any plans for Arisia...man, I'm just imagining Morrison doing something with that relationship .
    I think that once Morrison has established his take on Hal, he'll begin to delve a little into how other corps members have dealt with the same kind of existence. Obviously it's different for races who grew up aware of interstellar travel, but it wouldn't surprise me if Arisia will be shown to have almost the same kind of attitude with relationships that Hal does. They're both veterans in the Corps at this point so Hal can't be the only one who has a more blase attitude towards hookups. And Arisia was always shown to be more understanding (and encouraging) of Hal's life as a GL vs. Carol.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-15-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    somehow i get the feeling that arisia has a better chance of being used in the green lantern more than star sapphire. we will see.

That's what you get when you interrupt a man mid-sammich!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Put hands on 'em, Hal!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hal and Carol are always on-again, off-again. That kiss didn't have to mean anything more than them reconnecting and settling any harsh feelings. It didn't have to mean the beginning of anything, so in my mind it was left open. I'm sure Morrison with deal with his relationship with Carol at some point without tying them together into any kind of traditional "couple" relationship.
    I had the same idea going into this one. And I was kind of hoping they wouldn't be together at the start because you know they would've just been broken up by page 5 anyway. At least this way we kind of start from zero and follow Hal's journey. I'd think Morrison will bring Carol in somewhere, but I also think he'll maybe invent a new girl for him if it suits his story.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    somehow i get the feeling that arisia has a better chance of being used in the green lantern more than star sapphire. we will see.
    If Arisia isn't used anywhere else, then definitely. How could she not be here? I hope Morrison's Arisia resembles her 90s Guy Gardner Warrior personality more than her personality as Hal's girlfriend.
    Save Ferris...

They do address that he suits character archetype that has fallen out of fashion but I think they're using it to showcase why his life on earth is the way it is rather than trying to show him as an outdated character or as some womanizing jerk that people shouldn't like. I think the comparisons to 70s leading men are pretty apt.
    I'm all in. I think it's kind of cool to see a character like this that's so against the norms today. Morrison's got some grapefruits, gotta give him that. This first issue was a lot of world building and aside from the obscure references, it's a pretty good jumping on point if you knew nothing (and after reading this, I feel like I know nothing). Anyone who gives up on it now isn't really giving it a fair chance.
    Save Ferris...

If Morrison is ambitious, he may try to bring back all of them. There are way more obscure girlfriends than Eve like Onu Murtu (Dorine), Kari Limbo, Olivia, Iona Vane, etc.

Wasn't Kari Limbo one of the people Hal actually knew who died when Coast City was destroyed?

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but did Henshaw have a reason why he destroyed Coast City in particular?