Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1723

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    It's interesting. I can't place Hal as either a Jedi or a Sith. The whole ascetic lifestyle of the Jedi that requires disavowing passion would probably not be something Hal would be on board with. At the same time, I don't see him going full Sith either in letting your emotions and passion dominate you to the point where you play a passive role to them. Perhaps he would truly bring balance to the force lol.
    Hal seems like he'd be the Quinlan Vos of the Jedi (for anyone who gets that reference). Or Kanan Jarrus.

John would probably be more of an Obi-Wan, or Tomar-Re.

Guy would definitely have fallen to the Dark Side at one point or another .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So odd - I was literally just thinking about Hal v. Vader like a minute ago! I would have to think most Jedi or Sith would be outmatched in terms of brute force, but might be able to affect a ring-bearer with some Jedi mind trick if they can catch one by surprise. I do wonder how a writer would handle the Jedi/Force philosophy within the context of the GL/Emotional Spectrum view of the universe.
    The force users would definitely be outgunned by the ring slingers. The Lanterns have range, manuevarability, more utility in their rings. I guess my question is can a lightsaber cut thru a Lanterns shield?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hal seems like he'd be the Quinlan Vos of the Jedi (for anyone who gets that reference). Or Kanan Jarrus.

I occasionally dab in Star Wars lore, but I think I need help on how Hal is like Quinlan Vos and Kanan.

The Sith would probably have to expel Guy.

I think Hal's otherwise brief appearance in Flashpoint Paradox was perhaps one of his best portrayals outside of comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think Hal's otherwise brief appearance in Flashpoint Paradox was perhaps one of his best portrayals outside of comics.

The Animated Movie?

I guess mine would be New Frontier. I admit I'm biased since Hal was front and center in that movie.

Justice League: Doom's Hal was also very good. Anything Hal prior to the New 52 was on point

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I occasionally dab in Star Wars lore, but I think I need help on how Hal is like Quinlan Vos and Kanan.
    Without going into full-on character backgrounds/backstories, they're both Jedi who don't act in the traditional mold of Jedi and go with their gut and feelings more then they do the typical Jedi way.
    The Sith would probably have to expel Guy.
    That too .
    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Justice League: Doom's Hal was also very good. Anything Hal prior to the New 52 was on point
    Anytime he's voiced by Josh Keaton is also liable to be a pretty solid take on Hal.

JL: Doom Hal was an absolute badass. Neither too goofy, nor too serious. Reminded me a lot of GL: TAS Hal.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Just read up on them and yeah, they seem like a good fit.

JL: Doom Hal was an absolute badass. Neither too goofy, nor too serious. Reminded me a lot of GL: TAS Hal.
    I know I've said this before, but I think it's a testament to Dwayne McDuffie as a writer that he was able to write a good Hal and Barry even though those weren't the GL and Flash he had written before extensively in JLU.

I know I've said this before, but I think it's a testament to Dwayne McDuffie as a writer that he was able to write a good Hal and Barry even though those weren't the GL and Flash he had written before extensively in JLU.
    Absolutely. He was great. Left us way too soon.

Absolutely. He was great. Left us way too soon.
    (Sigh) Agreed .

Hal was well written in that movie. Love how he was the only one not getting angry over Batman's contingency plan

Hal was well written in that movie. Love how he was the only one not getting angry over Batman's contingency plan
    Hal was the only one at the table who knew about them though. Hal was the first one Batman rescued when the attacks started and he told him then.

But overall that version of Hal did side with having a plan.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The thing is... Hal SHOULD be the last person on the league to ever get upset by that. Hal's already seen Korogar… He knows EXACTLY what happens when a Green Lantern goes bad. Pretty much the same for Superman and Flash... they HAVE evil dopplegangers that are considered 'unstoppable'... so yeah, Plans are a good thing... Flash I could still be annoyed because I don't think he really takes the league THAT seriously. Like it's a clubhouse where he meets his best friends... and not a strike force of the world's most powerful people. I can see a breach of trust hurting... and wonder woman should be annoyed by any kind of deception at all...

That said, they could have USED those plans if Zod or Reverse Flash or Sinestro act up... and if it was Captain America or Professor Xavier, those weaknesses would have been exploited in training sessions to make them better heroes... which defeats the purpose of secret plans and all... But yeah, Hal wouldn't be upset by this. Especiallly when they're acknowledged as 'non lethal'.