Page 14 of 115 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wouldn't have any issues if Carol was turned black, but it does look weird in this page to me, since I've never read this Spectre run and I had no clue this was supposed to be Carol. lol
    It's mildly amusing to think of Carol getting the Iris West treatment .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    It's schitt like that that makes me want to just walk away from this whole thing and let the last pages of GL I read be those last ones in Hal n Pals #50 (I'm gonna miss using that moniker). The last time we had a grand reunion like this, it was totally undone by page 6 of the very next issue. For a long time, I had really wished that I stopped reading GL with Geoff Johns' GL#20 and spared myself all the subsequent bullcrap that followed. So now we come full circle and the same situation comes up. Albeit this reunion is a lot more flimsy than before. Venditti's Carol was just sitting in her home twiddling her thumbs this whole time, waiting for Hal like a trophy at the end of the maze? Even her dialog felt off character. "I know, me too?" - just deferring to what Hal said. Come on, when has the Carol we all know and love not had her own answer for these kind of situations? But this time it's - here I am, but the princess is in another castle... jk.

Maybe Sir Grant will split them to suit his story. Maybe Tom King could find a bullchit reason for them to break up. Won't be too hard after seeing what he did with Bats. I mean seriously, Catwoman calls it off because her dumbass friend told her to? In the immortal words of true romantic Bobby Brown: "No matter what your friends might tell you, we were meant to fall in love." And if that song gets stuck in your head for the whole weekend, then you're welcome.

I don't know, maybe it's time I go take a peek over at what Marvel's been up to. I head One More Day is being undone.
    You up in here quoting Bobby Brown?!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

Where is this from? DeMatties Spectre?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This is a great page.

I really love what Hal and Kyle's relationship has blossomed into. The early years were tinged with so much baggage. Big brother. Little brother.

If Kyle dies in Heroes in Crisis, it ain't gonna make a difference in the long run. He's Space Jesus now. He dies and comes back and dies and comes back. Hal's died...what? Three times now?

Incredible Member

That is Carol from DeMatties Spectre. She wasn't turned black. That's just the colorist's style.

BANNED

This is the most un-Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris work I had ever seen. like GLxsandman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This is a great page.

I really love what Hal and Kyle's relationship has blossomed into. The early years were tinged with so much baggage. Big brother. Little brother.

If Kyle dies in Heroes in Crisis, it ain't gonna make a difference in the long run. He's Space Jesus now. He dies and comes back and dies and comes back. Hal's died...what? Three times now?
    I don't know if you intended this to be such, but this is very very funny.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    This is the most un-Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris work I had ever seen. like GLxsandman
    Well, Hal was the Spectre and lost everything then. It is reasonable for him to be poetic and melancholy.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    That is Carol from DeMatties Spectre. She wasn't turned black. That's just the colorist's style.
    Yeah, I can see where people can see it... but if you look closely, she's no darker than Hal is in that page.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post

yep... That's why I hated that run. The higher ups and the Kyle Fans of the day were like "You wanted Hal back... There, we gave you Hal back!" but no... they really didn't. He may have had the same name, but the character was completely unrecognizable. I tried to support Hal as much as I could, but even after that drought, I still couldn't keep going with that series. His JSA and JLA guest appearances were pretty fun, but that solo series... was... wow...

Suprisingly I see I made it at least a year, but really have NO memory of the story at all....

i didn't get to follow the spectre run, but i did hear it was a little bit metaphysical or something.

BANNED

i didn't get to follow the spectre run, but i did hear it was a little bit metaphysical or something.
    When I saw Hal Jordan was the Specter I said - uch - at least he is not Parallax now .. and put down the book hopeing for the day they fix everything. It was a dark time in comicbooks for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    You up in here quoting Bobby Brown?!
    Hey, if I want to quote Bobby Brown then that's my prerogative.
    Save Ferris...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Where is this from? DeMatties Spectre?
    Yes, from issue 5.

This is Carol from the previous issue, just for comparison. I think they're colored a little darker toned because the scene is happening outdoors in the dark:

hal carol spectre.jpg

Mighty Member

It did get pretty metaphysical, yeah. That's a forte of DeMatteis and the Spectre is a good vehicle to explore that. Spectre Hal wasn't "typical" Hal but I do think the book did him justice overall

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Yes, from issue 5.

This is Carol from the previous issue, just for comparison. I think they're colored a little darker toned because the scene is happening outdoors in the dark:

hal carol spectre.jpg
    Spectre Hal looks so creepy in that panel .