Page 43 of 115 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I agree. It was a simple but much needed improvement. And luckily people aren't clamoring for his "trunks" to return. I am glad that they're moving away from Jim Lee's armored shoulders design - almost nobody made it look good.
    Yeah, other than the New-52 shoulder pads or the collar, the costume has remained the post-Rebirth version. Ethan Van Sciver actually said that when he was originally drawing Rebirth, he drew Hal with the pre-Rebirth costume, but Carlos Pacheco was slated to draw the first arc of the new monthly GL title following Rebirth, so he came up with the new design where the green portion didn't go down to his crotch. Hence they changed it to the new design while they were doing the colors for Rebirth.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-24-2018 at 08:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah, other than the New-52 shoulder pads or the collar, the costume has remained the post-Rebirth version. Ethan Van Sciver actually said that when he was originally drawing Rebirth, he drew Hal with the pre-Rebirth costume, but Carlos Pacheco was slated to draw the first arc of the new monthly GL title following Rebirth, so he came up with the new design where the green portion didn't go down to his crotch. Hence they changed it to the new design while they were doing the colors for Rebirth.
    Yeah and Gil Kane specifically said that people who did this were violating the design and did so for being lazy...

He was adamant about this. He also told me that right after he is dead they would screw the custom up...straight from his lips..

I don't see how character designs changing as time goes by is violating them. Goes without saying that some artists end up doing bad character redesigns but it's also a given that the characters are not going to look exactly like they did six decades ago. To me, what "violates" these characters is crap like Emerald Twilight, not Hal's costume not resembling a leotard anymore.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-24-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    The Brave and the Bold .

Incredible Member

Speaking of which, it always saddens me that neither Gil Kane nor John Broome lived to see Hal’s rebirth happened.

BANNED

Because it is the wrong uniform .. it is as simple as that really. It is also rather ugly and militaristic. Its not a minor modification, either, really, like a minor change in the lantern insignia etc. It will likely go back eventually.

It just doesn't look like a onesie anymore, I don't see what's the big deal. I don't see them bringing back the old costume, despite what they've been doing with Superman and Batman recently.

Apparently I was wrong about my Parallax speculation earlier. Jim Cheung seems to be drawing good ol' Hal for Justice League.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoIvMcvg...y=jimcheungart

BANNED

It just doesn't look like a onesie anymore, I don't see what's the big deal. I don't see them bringing back the old costume, despite what they've been doing with Superman and Batman recently.
    what is a onsie?

Anyway, like Data said, "one is my name, the other is not"
    Last edited by mrbrklyn; 09-25-2018 at 08:23 AM. Reason: anyone to anyway

What's your problem? Do you post here just to be a troll? If so, I think I'm going to ignore you from now on.

Incredible Member

Apparently I was wrong about my Parallax speculation earlier. Jim Cheung seems to be drawing good ol' Hal for Justice League.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoIvMcvg...y=jimcheungart
    I am no troll, but damn! I would have loved to see Cheung's Parallax.

I'm more happy to see the real Hal in Justice League.

BANNED

What's your problem? Do you post here just to be a troll? If so, I think I'm going to ignore you from now on.
    Everytime someone disagrees with you, you get personal and insulting. You even start with an icon, which I block in firefox, btw, which is aggressive and emotionally confrontational.
    You said you don't see a problem with a massive change in the unifrom, but I do because it is not the iconic uniform of GL as conceived by its creator and it is not a minor change, like the floating lantern symbol or a move of the back lines. Gil Kane went through a lot of trouble over the costume for GL and I happen to think his disign should remain essentailly intact. That is not cause for you to be insulting. No one attacked you personally, or called you an idiot, or disrepected you in any way. I'm just explaining to you that changes over the design has a long history and Kane created the iconograghy of the character and defined it.
    Last edited by mrbrklyn; 09-25-2018 at 08:27 AM.