Page 36 of 115 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I miss Hal with New Guardians. The real one.

Last edited by AimToTheStar; 09-14-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

I've been very pleased with the GL art teams in recent memory but I sure miss Doug Mahnke drawing GL. Same with Ivan Reis.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    I miss Hal with New Guardians. The real one.

I really wish they had mined this concept more in the comics (at least until they gave the idea to Kyle).

This group was only really together for Blackest Night and one other arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really wish they had mined this concept more in the comics (at least until they gave the idea to Kyle).

it a shame that grant doesn't seem inclined to use the rest. imagine him writing larfleeze or indigo-1.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    it a shame that grant doesn't seem inclined to use the rest. imagine him writing larfleeze or indigo-1.
    Indigo-1 I could see him having fun with, but I don't know what he'd do with Larfleeze .

This does make me curious how he'll handle Sinestro.

BANNED

I'm thinking about buying green lantern:earth one,can someone tell me if I should buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I really don't get that, it really was a great build up and story arc, as the spectrum was being revealed and discovered by Jordan, as he navigated between them . Each champion of each Lantern revealed, as a new group was being built. It felt like Jordan putting together his own cosmic-magnificent-seven, of both good and dark untrustworthy characters, who now had to come together, building up to working as a team. I though it was great!
    Somewhat dubbed Jordan's Light Brigade, would have followed this great new team of unique characters into their own ongoing.

The whole time Rayner fans were fuming, and hating on every aspect of it bemoaning - what is Jordan so special he's going to become the white Lantern? That's so stupid!!! Making fun of the whole thing.
    I argued, no, Jordan doesn't need that, he's is in the center, as always champion of the Green, driven by will-power.
    Then at some point, it's like everything shifted, and it became all about Rayner leading this group? And suddenly Rayner fans were like - what a great idea, isn't Kyle special! He's the white Lantern!
    LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-15-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I'm thinking about buying green lantern:earth one,can someone tell me if I should buy it?
    It's an interesting take on the character. I think it is worth checking out.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

I really don't get that, it really was a great build up and story arc, as the spectrum was being revealed and discovered by Jordan, as he navigated between them . Each champion of each Lantern revealed, as a new group was being built. It felt like Jordan putting together his own cosmic-magnificent-seven, of both good and dark untrustworthy characters, who now had to come together, building up to working as a team. I though it was great!
    Somewhat dubbed Jordan's Light Brigade, would have followed this great new team of unique characters into their own ongoing.

The whole time Rayner fans were fuming, and hating on every aspect of it bemoaning - what is Jordan so special he's going to become the white Lantern? That's so stupid!!! Making fun of the whole thing.
    I argued, no, Jordan doesn't need that, he's is in the center, as always champion of the Green, driven by will-power.
    Then at some point, it's like everything shifted, and it became all about Rayner leading this group? And suddenly Rayner fans were like - what a great idea, isn't Kyle special! He's the white Lantern!
    LOL!
    Agreed with everything you say!
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Mighty Member

I thought it was good

I thought it was good, but not great. It read like a new take on the GL mythos if it were a science fiction movie. A lot of familiar elements and some characters are tweaked, but not taken too far. I thought it had a compelling enough story, but lacking in depth and wasn't different enough from the comic book version to be unique or inspiring, which made it ultimately a fun read, but forgettable.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's an interesting take on the character. I think it is worth checking out.
    Agreed. The art is the main draw, but the story is a neat mixture of The Martian meets Star Wars as directed by Ridley Scott. It's definitely not the traditional Hal Jordan or GL mythos, but it isn't meant to be. I would love to see the next GL movie take a few a visual cues from this book.

The sequel also looks to be a fun premise, which I won't spoil for you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed. The art is the main draw, but the story is a neat mixture of The Martian meets Star Wars as directed by Ridley Scott. It's definitely not the traditional Hal Jordan or GL mythos, but it isn't meant to be. I would love to see the next GL movie take a few a visual cues from this book.

Oh please do. This is the first time I hear about a sequel. Wasn't sure if the first volume sold well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

there's a sequel???