Page 1 of 115 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Hal Jordan Appreciation 2018

Pilot. Adventurer. Thrill seeker. Space cop. Hero. Justice League founder. Green Lantern.

Continuation of the previous Hal Jordan appreciation thread(http://community.comicbookresources....ghlight=jordan)
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-06-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Loved how "Teen Titans Go! To the Movies" recreated the DC intro. lol
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-07-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Oh man. We almost reached 1000 pages on the last thread.

This week is the last issue of Hal Jordan and the GLC.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Oh man. We almost reached 1000 pages on the last thread.

This week is the last issue of Hal Jordan and the GLC.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I'm disappointed it was closed too, but I understand the moods had to do what they had to do.

It is indeed, hopefully Venditti knocks it out of the park. It's his final issue so hopefully the culmination of a 5 year run is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

And they even parodied Marvel's too .

Given they make fun of the GL movie with John, it's nice to see Hal still in there .

Default Since I didn't get to reply to this in the original thread...

Unfortunately it's a big part of GL history, so I can imagine it's probably not something they are willing to ignore, given they are doing an adaptation of Reign of the Supermen. Why would they even have Hal in the movie if they didn't plan to destroy Coast City. Plus, it would give them the convenient opportunity to replace Hal with a rookie GL like the comics did. Maybe in this universe it would be Jessica instead of Kyle.
    I wouldn't want them to do an Emerald Twilight adaptation without them first adapting/doing Emerald Dawn (with a Manhunter Robot and a Manhunter invasion of Oa instead of Legion) ED II (which is basically Training Day in space and Sin's downfall/banishment to the Antimatter Universe) the Power War (where Sin and The Weaponers of Qward invade the universe from the Antimatter Universe which killed billions) GLC #221-224 (which Johns used to exonerate Hal, bring back Sinestro from the dead after he was executed the first time and reveal that the Yellow Impurity that bonded with Sinestro's ghost and that Hal was exposed to in GLC #221-224 during their fight inside the original CPB that destroyed the GLC the first time was also sentient/the Parallax Entity. GLC #221-224 is also the same story that O'Neil used to plot his version of Emerald Twilight that Marz scripted)...

Then The Road Back and The Mosaic War.

After the ET adaptation, they could then do Emerald Fallout, New Hope, Emerald Knights, Rebirth, Revenge on the GL's, Wanted: Hal Jordan, Attack of the Zamarons, The Sinestro Corps War, etc

The GL Mythos are so rich that they/WB could do 15-20 different adaptations both live action and animated (although I would prefer animated first) just from the stories that immediately pop into my head.

Mighty Member

I'm disappointed it was closed too, but I understand the moods had to do what they had to do.

It is indeed, hopefully Venditti knocks it out of the park. It's his final issue so hopefully the culmination of a 5 year run is worth it.
    At least he's going out on a high note! The Darkstars arc has been my favorite thing in Venditti's entire tenure on GL. Hopefully he sticks the landing I've also got some suspicions about the ending that I hope are correct...

At least we know the next run should be fairly popular too

I still have mixed feelings on Morrison writing the book, but I anxiously wait to see more of Sharp's art.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-06-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Incredible Member

Am I a bit too sensitive?... I don't like this change of Hal's costume...

I think it's funny. Reminds me of the Justice League Action design.

Thanks OP for stating the new thread.
    I see all the long original Appreciation threads have been closed.

Could the OP possibly request relabeling this thread as: The Hal Jordan Appreciation V2
    And add a link in your first post above^ to:

The Original Hal Jordan Appreciation thread - http://community.comicbookresources....ghlight=jordan

(so we always have it in one place for easy access and reference)
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-06-2018 at 07:45 AM.

sorry to see venditti leave. i'm a huge grant morrison fan so i'm looking forward to his run, but venditti did a good job.

seemed like his new 52 run suffered a bit from DC realizing the satellite books weren't doing so hot and forcing a few crossovers, but hal jordan & the green lantern corps has been solid the whole way through (imo). hope he goes out with a bang in #50.

whoops, double post.
    Last edited by Adset; 08-06-2018 at 07:40 AM. Reason: double trouble

what happened? where's the old thread?