Page 81 of 115 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1723

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    https://t.co/FIc9JFIL38?amp=1
    Preview too issue 1 it has a very 2000 AD feel too it
    looks fun, wish we saw more of hal though.

I think I'm going to trade-wait Morrison's The Green Lantern. I think it will read better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

not very many people could've made that jump, cleanly gone thru the window, and not have to be taken for stitches.

Extraordinary Member

Looking at that scene, Hal would have made a great stuntman. Hal has ice in his veins so he could perform a lot of Jackie Chan style stunts with zero fear, and clear precision.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 11-06-2018 at 02:22 PM.

The way that woman is reacting, I'm glad it's not a certain other kind of invisible .

Would've been bad optics in today's climate.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

If she's my girlfriend i done the same.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/1...-green-lantern

"We’re just taking you along on his adventures and showing you how he feels and how he reacts. I think he’s not the man we’ve seen recently. Because, again, the history of that character... He’s died, he’s come back to life, he’s been an inspector. He’s seen everything. So, I think one of the important things is that he’s not traumatized. Right now, there’s a vogue for sort of post-traumatic superheroes, but I just think that is not Hal Jordan. This is a guy that does not need therapy. He’s so far beyond therapy. It ain’t going to work. This is a guy who’s super directed. He gets the job done. He’s really good at what he does. And he’s nothing like me, which is what I love. [laughs]"
    "If I get more seasons... In the second season, there’s a big Green Lantern/Flash story, and we want to explore all of those relationships, and also all of Hal Jordan’s previous relationships in the book. So Tom Kalmaku’s in issue #3. We do see a little bit of the Justice League, but they’ve been beaten. They’ve only just been beaten and Hal’s come to save the day."
    "So, he’s surrounded by this constellation of people that, I think they love him more than he even knows, and he doesn’t understand. He doesn’t quite get it. But I want to build another picture of him from their point of view. We’re looking at all of his friends, all of his lovers, and bringing them all back, and using them as mirrors."
    Ol' Grant is saying lots of wonderful things.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-06-2018 at 07:22 PM.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/1...-green-lantern

Ol' Grant is saying lots of wonderful things.
    He always does. Grant Morrison feels like a nice warm cup of hot chocolate that happens to be spiked with LSD. His work is comforting and hits all the right beats of what you want the characters to be all the while doing insane ideas you never thought about.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

We’re just taking you along on his adventures and showing you how he feels and how he reacts. I think he’s not the man we’ve seen recently. Because, again, the history of that character... He’s died, he’s come back to life, he’s been an inspector. He’s seen everything. So, I think one of the important things is that he’s not traumatized. Right now, there’s a vogue for sort of post-traumatic superheroes, but I just think that is not Hal Jordan. This is a guy that does not need therapy. He’s so far beyond therapy. It ain’t going to work. This is a guy who’s super directed. He gets the job done. He’s really good at what he does. And he’s nothing like me, which is what I love. [laughs]"

Oh thank god. You are my new favorite person Mr. Morrsion just for that.

I am so sick and tired of the emo, deconstructed, unsure, no confidence, depressed super heroes that they are shoving at us these days.

I'm glad that he also see's that this is the opposite of Hal's main core.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Alpha male Hal FTW.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

You see how Morrison let it slip out that they'll be a second season? I guess he and Liam Sharp have been enjoying themselves enough to extend their run past their initial 12 issue "season one"

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Who else has been counting down the weeks and days until tomorrow?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake