Page 45 of 115 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This actually sounds really cool and interesting. I'm honestly a little more excited about this run now .

"What’s it like when he’s called into a domestic dispute, but the domestic dispute is between two intelligent clouds? What’s a police interrogation like when the person you’re interrogating is a giant intellectual spider?" Yeah, this is going to be a Grant Morrison comic.

I also like that he acknowledges that Carol is his one true love while also acknowledging his past romantic history. So I'm guessing we'll probably see Arisia, Olivia Reynolds, Kari Limbo...
    Yep. I'm on board now too. To the point that I wish it would go back to twice a month. Although Morrison writes some very dense pages so I wouldn't expect it to be a quick read. It's pretty cool and I'm glad he seems to be very invested in it.
    Save Ferris...

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Here's a new interview plus preview pages!!! I love absolutely everything I'm hearing and seeing about this book. I'm so excited for November.

https://ew.com/books/2018/09/25/gran...ntern-preview/

After reading this interview i don't have any doubt about this book
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Unrelated topic, but Christopher McQuarrie confirmed that WB once offered him to direct GLC but he declined because there was no script. Perhaps the Tom Cruise rumors may or may not have been that far-fetched.
    McQuarrie seems like he'll be doing a DC movie in the near future, I would hope so. He's a fantastic talent and he really wants to do a Superman movie as well.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Who's Chriselon? I remember Chaselon, but was there another crystalline GL I missed somewhere?

After reading Morrison's interview, I'm even more stoked for this book. It's reminiscent of where Hal was back in the early days of the 1990 series.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Don't recall Chriselon either, but I like seeing different representatives of the same alien races every now and then. Those pesky humans are always hogging the spotlight anyway.

Apparently I was wrong about my Parallax speculation earlier. Jim Cheung seems to be drawing good ol' Hal for Justice League.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoIvMcvg...y=jimcheungart
    that looks great. so does that mean that hal will show up in justice league?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Everytime someone disagrees with you, you get personal and insulting. You even start with an icon, which I block in firefox, btw, which is aggressive and emotionally confrontational.
    You said you don't see a problem with a massive change in the unifrom, but I do because it is not the iconic uniform of GL as conceived by its creator and it is not a minor change, like the floating lantern symbol or a move of the back lines. Gil Kane went through a lot of trouble over the costume for GL and I happen to think his disign should remain essentailly intact. That is not cause for you to be insulting. No one attacked you personally, or called you an idiot, or disrepected you in any way. I'm just explaining to you that changes over the design has a long history and Kane created the iconograghy of the character and defined it.

I've always said that classic Green Lantern (with the green Shoulders) is my all time favorite Super hero costume. It was perfect the way it was. Leotard... onesie.. whatever you want to call it. It was perfect as is.

That said... when they did remake it for Rebirth... it was the first 'modernized' costume that they'd done that I didn't automatically hate. Compared to all the crappy GL suits like... Everything Kyle has ever worn or even the JL Stewart one that took over the corps... I could still 90% of Kane's design there, and most of the time the green still came down to a point, and was just raised about a foot... It still worked for me.

Honestly the shoulder pads and the accent lines of nu52 and the raised and projected light symbol bugged me a lot more. And I'm notoriously resistant to change :P

And WHY do so many people have trouble drawing that mask?? It's pretty simplistic, and very iconic... but it's always too wide, too rounded, too SOMETHING that just looks wrong....

Incredible Member

P00011 (3).jpg
    Well, this is why I consider the costume consists of black tights and a green leotard...
    It is also interesting to know Gil Kane create it with dance in mind. I can see the terpsichorean artistry in some dynamic movements he drew.

BTW, I myself prefer the Rebirth costume. It sets his legs off to advantage.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 09-26-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that looks great. so does that mean that hal will show up in justice league?
    Unless it's a promo piece, then judging by the hashtags I do believe it's for Justice League. It also says "cover" so it can't be a commission. Maybe Hal gets a standalone JL issue of sorts, like those Legion of Doom-focused issues.

Unless it's a promo piece, then judging by the hashtags I do believe it's for Justice League. It also says "cover" so it can't be a commission. Maybe Hal gets a standalone JL issue of sorts, like those Legion of Doom-focused issues.
    about time. been hoping for some time now.

although with recent events, i'm not sure i want hal near earth right now.

btw, i seem to recall hal being really close to wally.

Extraordinary Member

Wally & Roy could sure use Uncle Hal right about now....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I've always said that classic Green Lantern (with the green Shoulders) is my all time favorite Super hero costume. It was perfect the way it was. Leotard... onesie.. whatever you want to call it. It was perfect as is.

That said... when they did remake it for Rebirth... it was the first 'modernized' costume that they'd done that I didn't automatically hate. Compared to all the crappy GL suits like... Everything Kyle has ever worn or even the JL Stewart one that took over the corps... I could still 90% of Kane's design there, and most of the time the green still came down to a point, and was just raised about a foot... It still worked for me.

Honestly the shoulder pads and the accent lines of nu52 and the raised and projected light symbol bugged me a lot more. And I'm notoriously resistant to change :P

And WHY do so many people have trouble drawing that mask?? It's pretty simplistic, and very iconic... but it's always too wide, too rounded, too SOMETHING that just looks wrong....
    He seems to be the only GL with a mask.

FWIW, when the raise the pants like they did, it looks to militarized.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    how could i've forgotten roy?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That hurts. ._.