Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1723

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Arisia hasn't looked like that in years, and John only wore a mask for, like, two seconds .
    Well. Considering that Katma is on the cover I think it's safe to say the cover is placed/set in the past (somewhere between the Wolfman/Wein/Englehart eras is my best guess)

Also, considering this entire run/volume is an examination of all of Green Lantern (and Hal's) 60 year history since the very start that began with Showcase #22 (which has its 60th Anniversary coming up this October 2019 when issue #12 of this series is supposed to be released non-coincidentally I'm sure) just like Morrison's Batman (which he built up to during the 52 weekly series) was an examination of all of Batman (and Bruce's) 75 year history coinciding with Batman's 75th Anniversary of his debut in Detective #27, a period piece cover seems appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Did Lee use a bunch of people swimming for his reference? They totally look like they're swimming...
    Yeah. Kilofrog doing the breaststroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I know this is a younger version of himself, but I like seeing Hal interacting with kids .

How come they still haven't done an animated movie of Blackest Night I have no idea. Just make it a standalone movie, it doesn't need to take place in their New-52 animated universe.

You know... I know it's issue #1, heavily promoted, may or may not be a big drop off as the series goes on, probably a few other qualifications to mention... but how cool is it to see a Green Lantern book be the #1 selling DC comic for the month? How long has it been since Batman was looking up at GL?
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    You know... I know it's issue #1, heavily promoted, may or may not be a big drop off as the series goes on, probably a few other qualifications to mention... but how cool is it to see a Green Lantern book be the #1 selling DC comic for the month? How long has it been since Batman was looking up at GL?
    That is quite excellent! 113,651 units according to CBR. Not too shabby - let's hope it retains most (if not all!) of those readers!

I believe HJ&TGLC's first issue did about 110K as well, then obviously took a huge nosedive as expected. Morrison's name would probably make sure the book has at least respectable numbers down the line, but it is cool to see GL back in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    How come they still haven't done an animated movie of Blackest Night I have no idea. Just make it a standalone movie, it doesn't need to take place in their New-52 animated universe.
    Well, they kill off characters so much in the animated movie universe that a Blackest Night movie would actually make a lot of sense .

I would've been interested to see how the cartoon would've approached it, since they already set it up with Scar and the Book of Black.

Just read issue 2 thought it was interesting look forward to next one.

Jeez, leave the poor kitty alone, Hal.

That's clearly not Hal. Hal has *green* boots.... this is obviously his evil doppelganger who pops up now and again wearing *white* boots...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    How many Trump jokes can a person extract from this image?