Page 68 of 115 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1723

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Hal is... very flexible!

Attachment 72450
    As flexible as any of the lady heroes at least...

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It was an overhyped issue certainly.
    I thought it was pretty good. The fight between Hal and CySuperman was good.
    I liked that he seemed to be winning and Hal got him by out smarting Henshaw. Kinda.

Also Sodam Yat was a cool surprise. Another great moment of putting Henshaw in his place when he was getting pompous.

Maybe the fight between Henshaw and the other Lanterns could have been longer, but that's my only real complaint.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Felt like way too many things were happening at once and Jurgens was trying to tie-up loose ends and transition them for what's happening next. I thought maybe he needed a few extra pages.

Spectacular Member

honestly this story has been running since issue 50 and with that build up to make it to issue 57, it did really feel like a letdown. That's a bummer especially after the Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider book ending with a meh as well

shame, would probably have been better if the resolution had another issue to work on.

blog of oa had this review:

https://www.blogofoa.com/2018/10/gre...57-review.html

although a 7 out 10 seems good enough.

Hal's plan to distract Henshaw and give his backup their shot was a great moment and shows that Hal isn't just the gung-ho hotshot only capable of one-dimensional thinking.

But, what would have been great is if he had called in Carol as part of that backup. She certainly has reason to want avenge Coast City as well.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hal's plan to distract Henshaw and give his backup their shot was a great moment and shows that Hal isn't just the gung-ho hotshot only capable of one-dimensional thinking.

But, what would have been great is if he had called in Carol as part of that backup. She certainly has reason to want avenge Coast City as well.
    still haven't had the chance to buy a copy yet. so no carol? did anybody of the supporting cast from coast city show up? like tom or hal's family?

Pretty meh ending. Sodam shows up beats Henshaw, the end. Really wish Jurgens would stop dragging Henshaw around with him wherever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty meh ending. Sodam shows up beats Henshaw, the end. Really wish Jurgens would stop dragging Henshaw around with him wherever he goes.
    I have mixed feelings on that. I DO agree that Henshaw has been overused and gotten a little boring...

however, I LOVE the idea that Hal has a massive superman-level enemy that is NOT attached to color corps and green lanterns in general. Although they've gotten away from that in recent years... Really, Cyborg Superman does not NEED rings!!

Another reason I love him going against Zod…

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

How was Henshaw able to hack the rings? And why didn't he do that before?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    How was Henshaw able to hack the rings? And why didn't he do that before?
    I haven't read it yet, so take anything I say with a grain of salt... My first impression was the same as yours. The GL rings shouldn't be able to be 'hacked'. that's stupid!!

Then I remembered that gaining complete control over technology was Henshaw's 'thing'. He could control computers and machines and managed to control all of the coast city engine to fight the heroes.... and that's just what he does. They've gotten away from it in the past... but it's definitely in his wheelhouse. Especially after taking over the manhunters which are essentially 'guardian technology'...

I don't LIKE the focus of the rings being scientific. I think they work best when the 'science' is so advanced that it's essentially 'magic' Claim all you want that Alan is Magic and Hal is tech... but they work the same way and do the same things... Still, they always want to focus on the technology aspect it seems.

So the more I think about it, the less problem I have with Henshaw infiltrating the rings on some level.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Des Taylor? It looks like one of his pieces.

Kinda gives me GL:TAS vibes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I haven't read it yet, so take anything I say with a grain of salt... My first impression was the same as yours. The GL rings shouldn't be able to be 'hacked'. that's stupid!!

Then I remembered that gaining complete control over technology was Henshaw's 'thing'. He could control computers and machines and managed to control all of the coast city engine to fight the heroes.... and that's just what he does. They've gotten away from it in the past... but it's definitely in his wheelhouse. Especially after taking over the manhunters which are essentially 'guardian technology'...

I don't LIKE the focus of the rings being scientific. I think they work best when the 'science' is so advanced that it's essentially 'magic' Claim all you want that Alan is Magic and Hal is tech... but they work the same way and do the same things... Still, they always want to focus on the technology aspect it seems.

So the more I think about it, the less problem I have with Henshaw infiltrating the rings on some level.
    I'm ok with it. It's just that, why wasn't he able to do it in their previous encounters.

Henshaw is super powerful then. Wonder if he could hack Brainiac.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'm ok with it. It's just that, why wasn't he able to do it in their previous encounters.

Henshaw is super powerful then. Wonder if he could hack Brainiac.
    /shrug

Maybe it took time to figure out how to hack that super advanced alien tech?? I mean... originally he had nothing to do with the lanterns... then he took over the ancient outdated manhunter tech... then he got a sinestro ring... now he can mess with the guardian's battery??

It seems like a solid progression. A better question will be 'what happens next time he shows up?' Are they going to magically forget he's done this or pretend it never happened...

And yeah... when I was writing that Brainiac came to mind. I'd love to see how THAT confrontation would go down!