Page 90 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1723
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I had the same idea going into this one. And I was kind of hoping they wouldn't be together at the start because you know they would've just been broken up by page 5 anyway. At least this way we kind of start from zero and follow Hal's journey. I'd think Morrison will bring Carol in somewhere, but I also think he'll maybe invent a new girl for him if it suits his story.
    Sharp did say Carol is in the script as some point although it sounds like it's a later issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Not sure if this is the place to ask, but did Henshaw have a reason why he destroyed Coast City in particular?
    Good question. I can't remember Henshaw having a beef with Hal prior to that. Metropolis should have been his prime candidate.

Metropolis was his second target. Apparently 'New War World' needed two engines to do what he planned...

I imagine with Metropolis planned as one on the east coast, Coast City just drew the short straw as for 'where the other engine needs to be....'

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Wasn't Kari Limbo one of the people Hal actually knew who died when Coast City was destroyed?
    i remember a story where young hal/alternate timeline hal time jumped (or something) to coast city when warworld was raining bombs on it. and hal saw kari limbo there.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Not sure if this is the place to ask, but did Henshaw have a reason why he destroyed Coast City in particular?
    Not until the Johns' run, where he revealed that Henshaw destroyed Coast City because his deceased wife was from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Not until the Johns' run, where he revealed that Henshaw destroyed Coast City because his deceased wife was from there.
    i didn't know this. but why would that motivate henshaw? maybe like to erase the memory of his wife?

Spectacular Member

Figured I would take a shot at this, could anyone get a copy of the Local Comic Shop Day The Green Lantern #1? It's a beautiful cover before the treatment and looks amazing with it. Let me know what we can work out, thanks!

That's a super awesome Batman/Hal moment, but c'mon Johns - you had them on the same team in JLA for five years together and it took until then for Bruce to realize that??

Anyone notice what you get when you google "dc comics characters?"

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Anyone notice what you get when you google "dc comics characters?"
    Lol. Nice.

But why is Superman #5 and why is Cyclone even in there? Kinda weird.

Cool that Tim Drake is #8 though.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

That's a super awesome Batman/Hal moment, but c'mon Johns - you had them on the same team in JLA for five years together and it took until then for Bruce to realize that??
    The weird thing about Johns' Justice League is they really don't act like they've been together for five years by the time we get to "five years later" in his run for the second ard.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i didn't know this. but why would that motivate henshaw? maybe like to erase the memory of his wife?
    Pretty much. Here's the scene where he explains it from Green Lantern (2005) #13:

Johns wrote Cyborg Superman well. The "Lost Lanterns" arc was one of my favorite from that run.