Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. The Earth-3 characters are indeed opposites with their version of the Justice League being the Crime Syndicate. Their GL type character was called Power Ring who was killed by our Earth's Sinestro - with that ring going to Jessica Cruz following Power Ring's death. Venditti talked about wanting to do Earth-3 versions of the GLC which could have been fun to see.
    I've read Forever Evil and know that Earth-3 Hal was a coward, however how much of his characterization at that point was the influence of Volthoom was unclear. Inverted personalities of the other Earth Lanterns would have been great to see. John being unable to make a single decision, a meek Guy, heartless Kyle etc.

Given than Earth-3 Hal is dead obviously that's one less doppelganger. Would Jess have an Earth-3 counterpart? If so, she'd have the most insight into how to defeat her doppelganger since she'd also been a Power Ring.
    Last edited by jbmasta; 08-13-2018 at 01:46 AM.

Someone please change the thread's title back to what it was. The name "Parallax" isn't exactly associated with "appreciating" Hal Jordan.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-13-2018 at 03:14 AM.

Incredible Member

What happened to the title?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Someone please change the thread's title back to what it was. The name "Parallax" isn't exactly associated with "appreciating" Hal Jordan.
    Seconded. Please don't change the title, guys.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Um, I still prefer that v2 version.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Question: who can change it?
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Only the mods. Even though I created the new thread, apparently I can't rename it myself, so I PM-ed The Darknight Detective since someone else had previously changed it to "Hal Jordan, GL, Parallax Appreciation".

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Only the mods. Even though I created the new thread, apparently I can't rename it myself, so I PM-ed The Darknight Detective since someone else had previously changed it to "Hal Jordan, GL, Parallax Appreciation".
    I'm actually not 100% sure if someone other than a mod can't change it. If it were a mod (especially one higher up than myself), however, then that would be different.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    I've read Forever Evil and know that Earth-3 Hal was a coward, however how much of his characterization at that point was the influence of Volthoom was unclear. Inverted personalities of the other Earth Lanterns would have been great to see. John being unable to make a single decision, a meek Guy, heartless Kyle etc.

Given than Earth-3 Hal is dead obviously that's one less doppelganger. Would Jess have an Earth-3 counterpart? If so, she'd have the most insight into how to defeat her doppelganger since she'd also been a Power Ring.
    That would have been a fun story seeing Earth-3 GLC.

I think the cowardly Harold Jordan was the only thing that stood out for me. I basically gave up on Johns mid-way through Forever Evil.

Harold's visual alone was just hilarious, and the ring bad-mouthing him was awesome. A pencil neck, insecure Jordan is just inconceivable, to me.

I do agree that an E-3 Kyle should be a vicious, heartless bastard.

With Guy Gardner, I would make him over the top emo, as his classic characterization is over the top tough action hero of the 1980's.

With John, I think it would be funny to make him like the Funky Flashman, a charismatic, overly verbose, big-mouth con artist who can't get over the sound of his own voice. Katma can be his Houseroy.

I would make the E-3 GLC the type of obnoxious a-holes that would make poor Harold seek out the company of the Crime Syndicate over his fellow ring-slingers.

Which would be funny considering how our Hal has spent more time with the GLC over the JL in recent years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That would have been a fun story seeing Earth-3 GLC.

I think the cowardly Harold Jordan was the only thing that stood out for me. I basically gave up on Johns mid-way through Forever Evil.

Harold's visual alone was just hilarious, and the ring bad-mouthing him was awesome. A pencil neck, insecure Jordan is just inconceivable, to me.

I do agree that an E-3 Kyle should be a vicious, heartless bastard.

With Guy Gardner, I would make him over the top emo, as his classic characterization is over the top tough action hero of the 1980's.

With John, I think it would be funny to make him like the Funky Flashman, a charismatic, overly verbose, big-mouth con artist who can't get over the sound of his own voice. Katma can be his Houseroy.

I would make the E-3 GLC the type of obnoxious a-holes that would make poor Harold seek out the company of the Crime Syndicate over his fellow ring-slingers.

Which would be funny considering how our Hal has spent more time with the GLC over the JL in recent years.
    Doppelgänger stories go hand in hand with impersonation, and one of the Earth-3 counterparts infiltrating our Corps has possibilities. Earth-3 Guy might be a good mole.

Incredible Member

I don't think a power ring corps makes sense. The ring E-3 Harold wore was possessed by a piece of Volthoom's soul. If there's a corps, that means he splitted his soul into...more than 7000 parts? God, that's 1000 times more than Voldemort... The least amount of a soul Happy Soul Go Go can pull out is 1%. Could 0.0138% of a soul talk? Use powers?
    BTW, I've always thought E-3 Harold is cute. Just seeing him having the same face with Hal while doing what Hal will never do is such a strangely interesting thing.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 08-14-2018 at 04:04 AM.

Incredible Member

I'm a little curious why it was not "Hal Jordan, GL, Parallax, Spectre, Yellow Lantern, Red Lantern, Orange Lantern, Blue Lantern, White Lantern, Black Lantern, God of Light Apppreciation"

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I'm a little curious why it was not "Hal Jordan, GL, Parallax, Spectre, Yellow Lantern, Red Lantern, Orange Lantern, Blue Lantern, White Lantern, Black Lantern, God of Light Apppreciation"
    Haha I agreed please Mod make it happened
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    lets not forget renegade hal...

double post