Page 10 of 115 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Folks, I challenge you to find a CBR article like this about any other DC character: https://www.cbr.com/grant-morrison-g...ampaign=CBR-TW
    That article is garbage.

I loooooove white bread.
    WHO DAT?!!

Mighty Member

Man, what a rude and oddly written article. Hal's backstory is confusing? In a universe where Donna Troy exists and for a while Black Canary was her own mother? I also don't think Hal is whitebread at all, that is way oversimplifying him as a character.

Anyway...

Master Hero Vladimir

Folks, I challenge you to find a CBR article like this about any other DC character: https://www.cbr.com/grant-morrison-g...ampaign=CBR-TW
    Why is CBR bashing Hal? I respect the author's opinion, but being a Hal fan, I obviously disagree. We can never have enough Hal!

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Man, what a rude and oddly written article. Hal's backstory is confusing? In a universe where Donna Troy exists and for a while Black Canary was her own mother? I also don't think Hal is whitebread at all, that is way oversimplifying him as a character.

Anyway...

That's a gorgeous piece .

What a garbage article from trash writer I shouldn’t even click the link. I will be getting Hal upcoming Green Lantern book.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Kyle, Jessica, Simon & John Stewart fans remember when they got that SAME treatment from Hal fans in various forms for years.

Welcome to how those fans have felt for a long time. The belittlement, HATE, disregard for trade sales of others, disregard of costarring roles on cartoons and insults ((as if the other Lanterns don't have fans who think they are boring, because some of them kinda are) ). They ALL know how it feels.

That article as harsh as it was stated what MANY feel about Hal.
    So you see this type of drivel as "payback time"? Do you remember CBR or any other comic media site writing this type of **** about any other legacy character before? You really think it's fair to disparage any character in this ridiculous manner just because GL fans on every side have been dicks to each other in the past? lol

I'd think there's a bit of a difference between some fan posting something awful on a comment section and an actual comic book news website publishing a 3-page article where the author proceeds to bash and disparage a comic book character like some 13-year old edgelord. The first page of this article literally ends with "Hal Jordan sucks". So if I'm supposed to believe this is "fair" because of what fans of other GL characters have presumably been subjected to before, do you think we'll ever see an article in any comic news site saying that John Stewart should not be part of Scott Snyder's JL or Kyle Rayner should never have been introduced because "they suck"?
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-15-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Incredible Member

Speaking of this, did I ever mentioned that an article about how wonderful John Stewart from HJGLC was on Hollywood Reporter complained about "still-reckless, cocky Hal Jordan, who nonetheless gets his name in the series' title"?
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...niverse-963924
    BTW, Robert Venditti seemed to agree with that completely.
    https://twitter.com/robertvenditti/s...50376710373376
    Was that behavior from a writer did so-called justice to every character?
    Last edited by HAN9000; 08-15-2018 at 03:01 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    it should really start with respect.

which the article didn't do.
    Nope. No other established character should get that sort of treatment, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Well, at least it wasn't riddled with typos like every other article here.

This seems a bit unfair to be polite. How could most of this not also apply to Batman? or Superman? The truth is, it doesn't matter who the character is. What matters is who is writing the character. I don't think we need to stroke Geoff Johns any more, but a lot of his greatest achievements came from turning bland white characters into something dynamic and compelling. And if all you see when you look at Hal is a conservative white guy, then you're as judgemental as anyone else who sees only skin color.
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

LOL!

That moment you realize that Pre-Flashpoint Bruce Wayne may have at least ten years of experience going to parent-teacher conferences due to the various Robins he's raised.

Hal can be funny without being over the top, unless he's using giant boxing gloves and/or a baseball bat (but that's more like mocking evildoers).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Kyle, Jessica, Simon & John Stewart fans remember when they got that SAME treatment from Hal fans in various forms for years.

Welcome to how those fans have felt for a long time. The belittlement, HATE, disregard for trade sales of others, disregard of costarring roles on cartoons and insults ((as if the other Lanterns don't have fans who think they are boring, because some of them kinda are) ). They ALL know how it feels.

That article as harsh as it was stated what MANY feel about Hal.

Now where he is WRONG-he's taking it out on HAL. Morrison's book is NOT the issue.

What about everybody else? That is what irritates everybody. Hal is getting the brunt of frustration that needs to be tossed at the feet of those who CAUSED it. Hal did not cause it.
    Oh please. When CBR writes a similar article about the other GLs then we will talk. And if Hal fans bash the other characters, at some of the instances are defensive counter attacks after Hal bashing. We hear how he is just another boring white guy and what...we are not gonna say anything?

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Nope. No other established character should get that sort of treatment, either.
    Words and phrases like "commentary" or "op-ed" need to be in big bold letters on top of articles like that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    And if all you see when you look at Hal is a conservative white guy, then you're as judgemental as anyone else who sees only skin color.
    It also means that the person expressing those views really does not understand the character.

Just look at Hal's reaction to Roy's addiction compared to Oliver's.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 08-15-2018 at 08:09 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Words and phrases like "commentary" or "op-ed" need to be in big bold letters on top of articles like that.
    Agreed, Anthony.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?