Page 11 of 115 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Oh please. When CBR writes a similar article about the other GLs then we will talk. And if Hal fans bash the other characters, at some of the instances are defensive counter attacks after Hal bashing. We hear how he is just another boring white guy and what...we are not gonna say anything?

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I’m suprised that CBR allowed this kind of provocative, agitative, inflammatory, hateful, untrue article published on the website. It largely lowered the style of CBR.
    i know. i'm really disappointed with the writer of the article, but way more disappointed with cbr itself.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Kyle, Jessica, Simon & John Stewart fans remember when they got that SAME treatment from Hal fans in various forms for years.

Welcome to how those fans have felt for a long time. The belittlement, HATE, disregard for trade sales of others, disregard of costarring roles on cartoons and insults ((as if the other Lanterns don't have fans who think they are boring, because some of them kinda are) ). They ALL know how it feels.

That article as harsh as it was stated what MANY feel about Hal.

Now where he is WRONG-he's taking it out on HAL. Morrison's book is NOT the issue.

What about everybody else? That is what irritates everybody. Hal is getting the brunt of frustration that needs to be tossed at the feet of those who CAUSED it. Hal did not cause it.
    What's a "long time?" Longer than "Emerald Twilight?" When Hal was made insane and removed from his own title and so many people kept going on about how Hal's time was over - he was "boring", "irrelevant", "too perfect" etc... please....

Extraordinary Member

I am almost certain that every un-fan of a particular GL thinks he's boring.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 08-15-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Wow. A click-bait article designed to get people angry enough to click on it worked.

I, for one, am shocked.

Seriously, I don't give a flying %@# if somebody doesn't like Hal Jordan. Lots of people slag off Superman too for equally dumb and misinformed reasons. Or sometimes even for good reasons. Everyone's taste is different. The only thing that matters is if the comics are good or not. The rest is just fanboy posturing and nonsense. Like what you want, the rest will sort itself out.

In more relevant news, I was pretty bored by the last issue of Green Lanterns. I think I am gonna sit the rest of this out until Morrison's run starts up. Pretty sure Hal will be playing a significant role in Heroes in Crisis given Tom King's love of the character.

Spectacular Member

I feel the need to say something as well, that article was click bait, argument starter. Sure the writer seemed to have a good overview of Hal Jordan so it seemed that they knew what was Hal's history. We all know there's more; look at issues 1-8 of vol. 3 from the early 90's, now Johns retconned some of the items there, but you could honestly write about a guy who was facing his mortality, first part of the comic he jumps off a cliff, we could expand that so much more. We still have a version of Hal-Parallax out there, what would that be like to face an evil twisted version of yourself? Reconnecting with his home and family after being away from so long...heck even PTSD from what he has been through and encountering, maybe Hal needs Sanctuary. Each of the Lanterns brings their own take on what it means to be a GL, but to straight up disrespect one of them is such a crime. I'll be honest in this day and age with Editorials being very unfair and biased, then promoted as "news" it is so disheartening and now to see that here with CBR, I'm crushed. I thought I wouldn't have to see that here with comics, yes we have our disagreements, but most of us know respect. I hope that writer finds it and also the discovers the Journey of Hal's Odyssey.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Seriously, I don't give a flying %@# if somebody doesn't like Hal Jordan. Lots of people slag off Superman too for equally dumb and misinformed reasons. Or sometimes even for good reasons. Everyone's taste is different. The only thing that matters is if the comics are good or not. The rest is just fanboy posturing and nonsense. Like what you want, the rest will sort itself out.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Any time Gal shows up on this site puts a smile on my face.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Any time Gal shows up on this site puts a smile on my face.
    She has that effect on people. My favorite DCEU casting.

In more relevant news, I was pretty bored by the last issue of Green Lanterns. I think I am gonna sit the rest of this out until Morrison's run starts up.
    Why does Jurgens have Hal constantly refer to Jessica as "Cruz" anyway. He's her mentor. I don't remember him ever talking to her or Simon like he's their commanding officer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What's a "long time?" Longer than "Emerald Twilight?" When Hal was made insane and removed from his own title and so many people kept going on about how Hal's time was over - he was "boring", "irrelevant", "too perfect" etc... please....
    I remember those days. I guess he wasn't around when Kyle fans were telling Hal, John, Guy, Alan and GLC fans to "Get over it, Kyle is the only Green Lantern now" and "more than one Green Lantern is stupid" for over 10 years.

Why does Jurgens have Hal constantly refer to Jessica as "Cruz" anyway. He's her mentor. I don't remember him ever talking to her or Simon like he's their commanding officer or something.
    Hal's never struck me as a last-name kind of guy.

Unless it's Sinestro, but everyone calls Sinestro by his last name .

Incredible Member

Well Jurgens is new to GL franchise. He may need to adapt himself to it for some time… Other than that I like his writing. Hope he will rectify that soon because we don’t have many issues left of that series…

Incredible Member

In more relevant news, I was pretty bored by the last issue of Green Lanterns. I think I am gonna sit the rest of this out until Morrison's run starts up. Pretty sure Hal will be playing a significant role in Heroes in Crisis given Tom King's love of the character.
    I don’t think Hal will play a big part in Heroes in crisis. Since it seems will most probably focus on Wally, Booster and Harley.
    And King’s love for Hal is weird, I think… I mean he let Hal blow up his head in his Batman run… He loves Batman too, and clearly he loves torturing Batman more. LOL

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I don’t think Hal will play a big part in Heroes in crisis. Since it seems will most probably focus on Wally, Booster and Harley.
    And King’s love for Hal is weird, I think… I mean he let Hal blow up his head in his Batman run… He loves Batman too, and clearly he loves torturing Batman more. LOL
    If Kyle does indeed bite it in Heroes in Crisis, as many suspect, I would think that Hal will be playing a prominent role in the story. Obviously, Booster & Harley are going to be the main stars, but Wally, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of DC Big Guns will be major parts of the story.