Page 41 of 115 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    This is a great podcast. I just listened to the Dan Jurgens and Venditti episodes. It's interesting to hear them talk about inside stuff and how they make their story choices. And I can understand Venditti's run a little better now. You really sense the frustration in his voice when the subject of Carol comes up. 5 years of us nutty fans pestering him about it will do that to you, but as he said, it wasn't the story he wanted to tell. I can respect that. I strongly disagree with this, but he chose to tell a parent/child themed story and executed it pretty well. It is what it is.

Now all we need is Morrison to stop by for a chat.
    I agree, it was a great interview! I was pretty harsh on Venditti throughout his GL tenure and it's nice to understand where he was coming from better. He still did things I didn't care for but hearing the WHY behind some of them helps a lot.

I don't think Venditti will ever go down as one of my favorite GL writers, but I think he did manage to turn things around pretty well for his run overall.

I agree. All things considered, we could do a lot worse than Venditti.

Spectacular Member

So are there any back issues that you can think of that celebrate Hal's birthday? There might be one in the Spectre one but I can't remember, any luck?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops1983 View Post
    So are there any back issues that you can think of that celebrate Hal's birthday? There might be one in the Spectre one but I can't remember, any luck?
    Hal's Spectre run had an issue of him celebrating his niece Helen's birthday but not his own. I can't think of any issues celebrating Hal's birthday, the only time I can even recall it mentioned was in Secret Origin when he leaves home on his 18th birthday.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

I don't think Hal even remember his own birthday. He just to busy punch alien on the face
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

I wonder if Morrison would mention something about Hal's birthday. He does seem too keen to go back to aspects of the character that haven't been around for awhile.

i've seen someone mention that february is hal's birth month. based on an old dc universe calendar.

So what do you guys want to see Morrison do with Hal in the book. If there's anything you really wanted him to do with the character, what would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So what do you guys want to see Morrison do with Hal in the book. If there's anything you really wanted him to do with the character, what would that be?
    bring hal back to earth.
    have hal join the justice league.
    more screen time for hal's supporting cast and rogues gallery.

Not make him look bad (which is my biggest fear going into this run)

I mean, I have more general hopes then things I specifically want Morrison to do, but as a whole:

- Hal as a competent and effective hero, and not an idiot.

- A legitimate supporting cast for him to bounce off of.

- Carol to be used, as a love interest or otherwise.

- Cool ring constructs.

- Maybe bump up some of the old Rogues Gallery who've fallen by the wayside, kind of like what Venditti was doing to some degree later in his run with the Controllers and Darkstars.

- Just let Hal be on Earth for longer then five minutes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i've seen someone mention that february is hal's birth month. based on an old dc universe calendar.
    Feb 20th. That makes him a Pisces.
    BTW, Bruce Wayne's birthday is Feb 19th. I've always thought there could have been a story about these two celebrating their birthdays together.

Incredible Member

Not let a Neil Gaiman's character say a newbie is destined to surpass him?

As far as I'm concerned, I just want a good Hal Jordan character piece from Morrison. I'm not that particular when it comes to which characters I'd like to see show up or what the specific stories would be about, just give me a good Hal-focused run that accentuates both on the hero and the man and what makes him a great character and I'd be happy.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-24-2018 at 12:11 PM.