Page 13 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    It wasn’t that different if he thought pushing Firestorm and Vixen or giving up John is nonsensical whim…
    Meltzer was relaunching JLA so I can get why DC gave him more creative licenses.
    I dunno, McDuffie was coming off what is still the gold standard for Justice League cartoons. He should have been given the same creative latitude as Meltzer in my book, particularly when he told DC what he had planned before taking over the book. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    BTW, it seems Venditti is doing something that includes Guy.
    What's that now?? Details -- I wanna know details....

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was a rumor that Hal and Carol will break up in Heroes in Crisis but I don't see that actually happening.
    I guess the issue established Hal and Carol are back together again.

But for them to break up... again... how many times have they broken up already? I wonder if they hold the record for most number of break ups with the same person.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What's that now?? Details -- I wanna know details....
    There's a Halloween special solicited for October that mentions a Guy story, I'm guessing Venditti is writing that.

CURSED COMICS CAVALCADE #1
    written by JAMES TYNION IV, BECKY CLOONAN, BRYAN HILL, TIM SEELEY, RILEY ROSSMO GARY DAUBERMAN and others
    art by MARK BUCKINGHAM, BECKY CLOONAN, RILEY ROSSMO, RICCARDO FEDERICI and others
    cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    Horror! Death! Uh...Face-punching! Witness ten all-new stories that promise to be the most terrifying, most shocking and most horrific comic that DC Comics has ever published! (Hyperbole much?) Batman, Wonder Woman, Guy Gardner, Swamp Thing, Zatanna and more of your favorite heroes face unspeakable horrors from the streets of Gotham City to the darkest sectors of the universe.
    PRESTIGE FORMAT
    ON SALE 10.10.18
    $9.99 US | 80 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

Who is this? This isn't Carol, right?

I know right? Some of the art on the Spectre run was... abstract I'll say. But I do love me some 90s short hair Carol.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I guess the issue established Hal and Carol are back together again.

But for them to break up... again... how many times have they broken up already? I wonder if they hold the record for most number of break ups with the same person.
    It's schitt like that that makes me want to just walk away from this whole thing and let the last pages of GL I read be those last ones in Hal n Pals #50 (I'm gonna miss using that moniker). The last time we had a grand reunion like this, it was totally undone by page 6 of the very next issue. For a long time, I had really wished that I stopped reading GL with Geoff Johns' GL#20 and spared myself all the subsequent bullcrap that followed. So now we come full circle and the same situation comes up. Albeit this reunion is a lot more flimsy than before. Venditti's Carol was just sitting in her home twiddling her thumbs this whole time, waiting for Hal like a trophy at the end of the maze? Even her dialog felt off character. "I know, me too?" - just deferring to what Hal said. Come on, when has the Carol we all know and love not had her own answer for these kind of situations? But this time it's - here I am, but the princess is in another castle... jk.

Maybe Sir Grant will split them to suit his story. Maybe Tom King could find a bullchit reason for them to break up. Won't be too hard after seeing what he did with Bats. I mean seriously, Catwoman calls it off because her dumbass friend told her to? In the immortal words of true romantic Bobby Brown: "No matter what your friends might tell you, we were meant to fall in love." And if that song gets stuck in your head for the whole weekend, then you're welcome.

I don't know, maybe it's time I go take a peek over at what Marvel's been up to. I head One More Day is being undone.
    Save Ferris...

Mighty Member

It is supposed to be Carol, she just looked... a bit different ? In her first few appearances in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    It's schitt like that that makes me want to just walk away from this whole thing and let the last pages of GL I read be those last ones in Hal n Pals #50 (I'm gonna miss using that moniker). The last time we had a grand reunion like this, it was totally undone by page 6 of the very next issue. For a long time, I had really wished that I stopped reading GL with Geoff Johns' GL#20 and spared myself all the subsequent bullcrap that followed. So now we come full circle and the same situation comes up. Albeit this reunion is a lot more flimsy than before. Venditti's Carol was just sitting in her home twiddling her thumbs this whole time, waiting for Hal like a trophy at the end of the maze? Even her dialog felt off character. "I know, me too?" - just deferring to what Hal said. Come on, when has the Carol we all know and love not had her own answer for these kind of situations? But this time it's - here I am, but the princess is in another castle... jk.
    ah yes, that should have been a guiness book of comic world record right there...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I know right? Some of the art on the Spectre run was... abstract I'll say. But I do love me some 90s short hair Carol.
    Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    It is supposed to be Carol, she just looked... a bit different ? In her first few appearances in that book.
    I mean, she drawn like a black woman, which is really weird .

I wouldn't have any issues if Carol was turned black, but it does look weird in this page to me, since I've never read this Spectre run and I had no clue this was supposed to be Carol. lol

i assumed it was carol... but yeah, she doesn't look like carol the way she's drawn.