Page 70 of 115 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1723

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    she is not a teen ager
    She was, I meant more in a relaunch kinda capacity.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, Spider-Man can sustain other characters. Green Lantern could barely do so when there were 4 of them. Now there would be 8. I'm not sure that watering down the franchise to such extremes is how creators could make more money. That franchise needs to still be around for them to make money. This just keeps segregating the fandom where everyone is mad that their favorite isn't being used the way they want them to be used and noone wins. The last way to try to fix that is by adding more characters. It just doesn't make sense to me at this point.
    Well, if they fxxk up that franchise, they could just turn to another one...

Mighty Member

Well, Spider-Man can sustain other characters. Green Lantern could barely do so when there were 4 of them. Now there would be 8. I'm not sure that watering down the franchise to such extremes is how creators could make more money. That franchise needs to still be around for them to make money. This just keeps segregating the fandom where everyone is mad that their favorite isn't being used the way they want them to be used and noone wins. The worst thing you can do is keep adding more characters. It just doesn't make sense to me at this point.
    IMO as long as these new characters have clearly defined roles/niches to fill it has less chance of damaging the property. Teen Lantern is kind of a silly concept but she's clearly meant to fill a GL role for teen team & books, which DC has never really had before. This character is meant to be in main continuity, so that sets her apart from the younger male character in the GL Legacy Ink/Zoom book. It's also not clear to me that she's going to be an official GL rather than someone who manages to give herself access to GL powers. I don't think either of these new characters has any significant overlap with an existing GL and only one of them is canon--I don't feel she's a risk for diluting the franchise. It's not like when Baz and Jessica were added, promoted as "main" GLs in competition with Hal/John/Kyle/Guy for page space, and don't really have defined niches. Jessica has character attributes that make her unique but she's still a standard GL on the surface. Baz is.... well, he could certainly use some defining but he's yet another standard GL vying for screentime.

tl;dr the franchise is somewhat fractured but I don't think this particular character is a huge danger. Did Bendis make her so he might get some royalties down the line? ...Maybe

Astonishing Member

What would I love explored is Hal's legacy. Maybe a time displaced Martin Jordan (Hal and Carol's son from GL 20), who may have access to both green and violet spectrum. And have him team up with Jonathan and Damian in super sons.

But hey. Just a thought.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    What would I love explored is Hal's legacy. Maybe a time displaced Martin Jordan (Hal and Carol's son from GL 20), who may have access to both green and violet spectrum. And have him team up with Jonathan and Damian in super sons.

But hey. Just a thought.
    I would kill for that to happen
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    IMO as long as these new characters have clearly defined roles/niches to fill it has less chance of damaging the property. Teen Lantern is kind of a silly concept but she's clearly meant to fill a GL role for teen team & books, which DC has never really had before. This character is meant to be in main continuity, so that sets her apart from the younger male character in the GL Legacy Ink/Zoom book. It's also not clear to me that she's going to be an official GL rather than someone who manages to give herself access to GL powers. I don't think either of these new characters has any significant overlap with an existing GL and only one of them is canon--I don't feel she's a risk for diluting the franchise. It's not like when Baz and Jessica were added, promoted as "main" GLs in competition with Hal/John/Kyle/Guy for page space, and don't really have defined niches. Jessica has character attributes that make her unique but she's still a standard GL on the surface. Baz is.... well, he could certainly use some defining but he's yet another standard GL vying for screentime.

tl;dr the franchise is somewhat fractured but I don't think this particular character is a huge danger. Did Bendis make her so he might get some royalties down the line? ...Maybe
    Well, maybe because Bendis's record wasn't good referring to Riri and Tony Stark... I guess we can take some comfort that at least they won't kill Hal to push a new lantern now.
    And I just don't like the idea of a Teen Lantern. Not every franchise fits into teen heroes or sidekicks.

I don't necessarily see her(or Jessica and Simon for that matter) as "dangers" to the franchise, I just don't understand why DC always seems to think that adding more characters is the way to reinvigorate the series. I would wait to see what Bendis does before passing judgment but it's another case where I just don't get why DC is doing something.

I don't necessarily see her(or Jessica and Simon for that matter) as "dangers" to the franchise, I just don't understand why DC always seems to think that adding more characters is the way to reinvigorate the series. I would wait to see what Bendis does before passing judgment but it's another case where I just don't get why DC is doing something.
    i've had that feeling quite a couple of times with dc. most recently is HiC.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Those are some big hands .

Hal smash!

By Juan Ferreyra.

BANNED

IMO as long as these new characters have clearly defined roles/niches to fill it has less chance of damaging the property. Teen Lantern is kind of a silly concept but she's clearly meant to fill a GL role for teen team & books, which DC has never really had before.
    It has become too easy to just hand out rings to characters, but that is my opinion. They don't need a Teen GL.

By Juan Ferreyra.

I miss Ferreya on DC books...

His unique style is missed for sure. I will still make sure to check out his Killmonger series.