Page 9 of 115 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Doppelgänger stories go hand in hand with impersonation, and one of the Earth-3 counterparts infiltrating our Corps has possibilities. Earth-3 Guy might be a good mole.
    E-3 Guy can just claim he suffered another head injury to explain any character incongruities, lol!

I think Hal would smell a rat once he saw Guy being overly sympathetic towards Batman.

Extraordinary Member

<OUCH!>

This is pretty funny.

Extraordinary Member

Hey - Hal's back in the Justice League!
    https://www.newsarama.com/41361-dc-s...ca-s-gang.html

Folks, I challenge you to find a CBR article like this about any other DC character: https://www.cbr.com/grant-morrison-g...ampaign=CBR-TW

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Folks, I challenge you to find a CBR article like this about any other DC character: https://www.cbr.com/grant-morrison-g...ampaign=CBR-TW
    WOW!!! Talk about a hit piece. An entire article just bashing Hal for no real reason.

Disgraceful.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

To paraphrase Rodney King: why can't all GL fans get along?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Like hell! That article is BS.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

So, the guy with the Irish Catholic father (Jordan is an Irish Catholic name and was the reason Hal ended up in purgatory which itself is based on Irish Catholicism just like the Spectre is based off of Irish Catholicism) and Jewish mother is too "white bread"?

Whoever wrote this obviously didn't read Day of Judgement written by Geoff Johns (which was why he was picked to write GL: Rebirth ) or the Green Lantern: Darkseid War Special written by Tom King.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah, I can't imagine you would see this about many others. Maybe if Morrison and Sharp were paired on a Barry Allen or Barbara Gordon as Batgirl book, you would see an article coming out on how it should be Wally, Cass or Steph. That would be it though.

Seems like typical bitching and moaning about a GL book not focusing on their preferred character. And writing Hal off as a boring character even after the Johns run as if it's some objective truth is pretty lame (as if the other Lanterns don't have fans who think they are boring, because some of them kinda are), as is the expectation that Morrison is going to be writing a similar book. Johns and Morrison do not have similar writing styles, never have and will certainly not suddenly be starting now with Hal being the trigger.

And maybe, just maybe....Morrison wants to write Hal and is building a story around him? Is it that shocking of a notion? As both a Hal fan and Morrison fan, I'm over the moon about this book whereas I wouldn't be as much if it was Kyle, Simon or Guy. If it was about them, Morrison's name would be the only draw.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    To paraphrase Rodney King: why can't all GL fans get along?
    it should really start with respect.

which the article didn't do.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Seems like typical bitching and moaning about a GL book not focusing on their preferred character. And writing Hal off as a boring character even after the Johns run as if it's some objective truth is pretty lame , as is the expectation that Morrison is going to be writing a similar book. Johns and Morrison do not have similar writing styles, never have and will certainly not suddenly be starting now with Hal being the trigger.
    Kyle, Jessica, Simon & John Stewart fans remember when they got that SAME treatment from Hal fans in various forms for years.

Welcome to how those fans have felt for a long time. The belittlement, HATE, disregard for trade sales of others, disregard of costarring roles on cartoons and insults ((as if the other Lanterns don't have fans who think they are boring, because some of them kinda are) ). They ALL know how it feels.

That article as harsh as it was stated what MANY feel about Hal.

Now where he is WRONG-he's taking it out on HAL. Morrison's book is NOT the issue.

What about everybody else? That is what irritates everybody. Hal is getting the brunt of frustration that needs to be tossed at the feet of those who CAUSED it. Hal did not cause it.

I am just frustrated that the most powerful hero in DC is not respected like he should be.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Incredible Member

I’m suprised that CBR allowed this kind of provocative, agitative, inflammatory, hateful, untrue article published on the website. It largely lowered the style of CBR.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 08-14-2018 at 07:54 PM.