Page 69 of 115 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1723

i'd still think brainiac should have an advantage over hank henshaw.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    /shrug

Maybe it took time to figure out how to hack that super advanced alien tech??
    In Hitch's JLA, some Google type of AI accidentally hacked Baz's ring... :eyeroll:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In Hitch's JLA, some Google type of AI accidentally hacked Baz's ring... :eyeroll:
    I just realized that that from the 2019 solicits, a teenager will be able to hack the power ring of the Lanterns.

The Guardians need to upgrade the security features of their "most powerful weapon".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I just realized that that from the 2019 solicits, a teenager will be able to hack the power ring of the Lanterns.

The Guardians need to upgrade the security features of their "most powerful weapon".
    They took all the batteries to do just that at the end of GLs, which seems to line up with the preview page we've seen of TGL where Hal says he doesn't have his battery Bendis did say Teen Lantern was related to what Morrison is doing...

I think he said he has his battery that he carries in a backpack, he just can't use it to charge his ring yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    They took all the batteries to do just that at the end of GLs, which seems to line up with the preview page we've seen of TGL where Hal says he doesn't have his battery Bendis did say Teen Lantern was related to what Morrison is doing...
    About the Teen Lantern concept, a lot of comments were made on how there's too many earth GL's when Simon and Jessica got introduced. Well, the family sure still is growing.

About the Teen Lantern concept, a lot of comments were made on how there's too many earth GL's when Simon and Jessica got introduced. Well, the family sure still is growing.
    In my opinion that shows huge lack of imagination on DC's part.

looks really great.

They could've just bring back Arisia and have her be a teen lantern in a solo book. Why do we have to have more Earth lanterns?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    They could've just bring back Arisia and have her be a teen lantern in a solo book. Why do we have to have more Earth lanterns?
    I would rather Arisia stay how she is now. If they wanted a teen lantern I'll just take Kai-Ro from the Batman Beyond Universe and put him on Earth Prime.

BANNED

she is not a teen ager

I think Arisia is way past where she could legitimately be depicted as a Teen Lantern, short of a retcon/reboot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    In my opinion that shows huge lack of imagination on DC's part.
    No. That shows writers want to create their own characters, and since they own part of the equity they could make money on them.
    Just like Bendis did on Miles Morales.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    No. That shows writers want to create their own characters, and since they own part of the equity they could make money on them.
    Bingo.

Taking old characters and reinventing them into something new is something that bit Steve Englehart & Joe Staton in the ass when brought back Guy Gardner in the mid-1980s. Had they simply called him Joe Braindamagovich, instead of explicitly linking him to the prior character from the Silver Age, they'd be getting a cut of all Guy merchandise that always uses their revamped version of him.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Well, Spider-Man can sustain other characters. Green Lantern could barely do so when there were 4 of them. Now there would be 8. I'm not sure that watering down the franchise to such extremes is how creators could make more money. That franchise needs to still be around for them to make money. This just keeps segregating the fandom where everyone is mad that their favorite isn't being used the way they want them to be used and noone wins. The worst thing you can do is keep adding more characters. It just doesn't make sense to me at this point.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-19-2018 at 05:30 PM.