Page 12 of 115 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

There was a rumor that Hal and Carol will break up in Heroes in Crisis but I don't see that actually happening.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hal's never struck me as a last-name kind of guy.

Unless it's Sinestro, but everyone calls Sinestro by his last name .
    Hal did call Sinestro “Thaal” in GLTAS.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If Kyle does indeed bite it in Heroes in Crisis, as many suspect, I would think that Hal will be playing a prominent role in the story. Obviously, Booster & Harley are going to be the main stars, but Wally, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of DC Big Guns will be major parts of the story.
    Honestly I don’t think Kyle will die this time. He died many times these years and every time he came back to life in the next issue… And King killed him once. There’s no reason for he to do that again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was a rumor that Hal and Carol will break up in Heroes in Crisis but I don't see that actually happening.
    The most recent batch of rumors going around are entirely fake, I don't think that's going to happen

I thought Kyle was a likely suspect for dying in HiC but apparently Scott Snyder mentioned in an interview today that Kyle is under Morrison's domain now?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    The most recent batch of rumors going around are entirely fake, I don't think that's going to happen

I thought Kyle was a likely suspect for dying in HiC but apparently Scott Snyder mentioned in an interview today that Kyle is under Morrison's domain now?
    Eh, come on. Really, I just want Hal’s own solo. They can’t maintain a solo as what a solo should look like for even 12 issues? What does that THE Green Lantern mean?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Eh, come on. Really, I just want Hal’s own solo. They can’t maintain a solo as what a solo should look like for even 12 issues? What does that THE Green Lantern mean?
    I think it IS a Hal solo, that's how it's been pitched so far. But I wonder if Morrison is going to be doing a second GL book or crossover issues with JL or something else.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think it IS a Hal solo, that's how it's been pitched so far. But I wonder if Morrison is going to be doing a second GL book or crossover issues with JL or something else.
    Hal will be the star, yes, but the entire GL mythos will now be under Morrison's direction. John is under Snyder's in Justice League, Jessica is off in space with Odyssey, but Kyle, Guy & Baz will presumably be given something to do by Morrison. I think Guy & Baz are so similar it'd be fun to pair them together for awhile so the differences between them can be a little more pronounced.

Hmmm, Guy is a Reagan-loving right winger and Baz is a Muslim thrown into Guantanamo Bay as terrorist. I smell a mini-series

But Hal will likely be the main throughline of The Green Lantern, just as he was during Johns run, which also featured the other Earth GLs in guest appearances. Unlike then, though, it appears that John is going to have a great run in Justice League because it seems unlikely Scott Snyder is going to get fired off the book like Dwayne McDuffie was (for no good reason).

Hal did call Sinestro “Thaal” in GLTAS.
    Well, they were still pals in that cartoon, and Hal even seemed to idolize Sinestro, so it fit.
    I'm not surprised if true.

Morrison always seemed to have an affinity for Kyle.
    Hal will be the star, yes, but the entire GL mythos will now be under Morrison's direction. John is under Snyder's in Justice League, Jessica is off in space with Odyssey, but Kyle, Guy & Baz will presumably be given something to do by Morrison. I think Guy & Baz are so similar it'd be fun to pair them together for awhile so the differences between them can be a little more pronounced.

Hmmm, Guy is a Reagan-loving right winger and Baz is a Muslim thrown into Guantanamo Bay as terrorist. I smell a mini-series

But Hal will likely be the main throughline of The Green Lantern, just as he was during Johns run, which also featured the other Earth GLs in guest appearances. Unlike then, though, it appears that John is going to have a great run in Justice League because it seems unlikely Scott Snyder is going to get fired off the book like Dwayne McDuffie was (for no good reason).
    I'll be very surprised if there's still not a GLC book running alongside the Morrison solo, which will probably be where all the other Earth Lanterns end up.

Maybe they'll all just "disappear" from the known universe for no discernible reason again...

BANNED

Anyone ready GL 87 of late?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe they'll all just "disappear" from the known universe for no discernible reason again...
    Died off stage... as they do in Gasoline Alley

Incredible Member

I heard that McDuffie was told to push Firestorm and wrap up Vixen’s storyline from Meltzer while he had no intention to do. He wanted to focus on John Stewart. Meanwhile Robinson was doing a second title of JLA but that didn’t go smoothly because the artist was too slow. At this time McDuffie was feuding with fans over John and called any of other Lanterns’ fans racists. So DC forced him to let go of John. The book Robinson worked on finally turned into Cry For Justice and he replaced McDuffie as the writer of JLA.

BTW, it seems Venditti is doing something that includes Guy.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I heard that McDuffie was told to push Firestorm and wrap up Vixen’s storyline from Meltzer while he had no intention to do. He wanted to focus on John Stewart. Meanwhile Robinson was doing a second title of JLA but that didn’t go smoothly because the artist was too slow. At this time McDuffie was feuding with fans over John and called any of other Lanterns’ fans racists. So DC forced him to let go of John. The book Robinson worked on finally turned into Cry For Justice and he replaced McDuffie as the writer of JLA.
    That may be true, but I heard a different story. McDuffie had committed the sin of airing his dirty laundry with DC Editorial, laying bare their capricious and nonsensical whims that prevented him from simply telling good JLA stories. Given McDuffie's track record and the "do whatever you want" approach that Brad Meltzer was allowed, I can totally understand why McDuffie was pissed at how he was treated during his brief-run, which was pitched to him as a merging of the Milestone characters into the DCU proper.

Incredible Member

That may be true, but I heard a different story. McDuffie had committed the sin of airing his dirty laundry with DC Editorial, laying bare their capricious and nonsensical whims that prevented him from simply telling good JLA stories. Given McDuffie's track record and the "do whatever you want" approach that Brad Meltzer was allowed, I can totally understand why McDuffie was pissed at how he was treated during his brief-run, which was pitched to him as a merging of the Milestone characters into the DCU proper.
    It wasn’t that different if he thought pushing Firestorm and Vixen or giving up John is nonsensical whim…
    Meltzer was relaunching JLA so I can get why DC gave him more creative licenses.

BANNED

It would sell a lot more books if Baz suddenly did show up as being a terrorist plant in the Gl corps