Page 55 of 115 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Hey what happened to Johnny? Anyone know why he was banned?

His posts are always courteous so I'm confused what happened.

Anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    I don't know either. Hope he be back soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Really? When did this happen? Seems like I was reading his post an hour ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Given the posts that were deleted from this thread, my guess would be that the discussion of a click-bait article on CBR took an ugly turn and Johnny was banned as a result of something he said or did. It's very likely it's only temporary and Johnny will be back soon.
    So we get Johnny back?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Welcome back Johnny .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Agreed, I don't need to relate to a character to find them interesting. Some of my favorite characters I cannot relate to at all, especially the villains (thankfully in their case ).

I did like Kyle in Morrison's JLA and in King's Omega Men though. But the only other thing I've read extensively by Ron Marz is his Witchblade stuff: I LOVED the parts of his run where he had Stjepan Sejic as his co-creator/artist, but the parts of his run not drawn by Sejic were pretty average to poor. I already know that the combination of his writing and the decimation of Hal and the GL mythos early in his run are gonna turn me right off. And the other writer who wrote a lengthy run for Kyle's era is Judd Winick, which...meh.
    Yeah, one can say "I like this character because I feel related to him", but not "this character is better because he is more relatable". We've got Batman who is pretty much the least relatable character in DC universe...
    To me, too many draggy soap opera clichés in Kyle's run. Not my type.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Welcome back Johnny. A week without you i feel someone is missing
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Welcome back Johnny .
    Welcome back Johnny. A week without you i feel someone is missing

Of the recent Morrison interviews, this was undoubtedly my favorite part:

"I want to play with what was taken as the basis of their relationship back in the 70s, whereas one guy's an unemployed toy salesman and the other guy's a millionaire who just lost his money. I want to invert a lot of the things, where suddenly maybe Hal's the left wing guy. You know? Maybe there's a bit of bull**** about Oliver Queen."
    Can't wait to see Ollie get a taste of his own medicine.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-06-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Welcome back Johnny

Thanks guys. Don't ever call people who consistently trash your favorite characters "hacks" in case they happen to write for CBR. Saying the h-word gets you a week in the dog house. lol

Anyway, here's a clearer version of the new Frank Quitely variant cover for TGL they showed at NYCC.

Incredible Member

Thanks guys. Don't ever call people who consistently trash your favorite characters "hacks" in case they happen to write for CBR. Saying the h-word gets you a week in the dog house. lol

Anyway, here's a clearer version of the new Frank Quitely variant cover for TGL they showed at NYCC.

It’s a nice variant cover. Glad I preordered one.

BTW, I think I’ve seen more than once people call Dan Didio a hack or something in this forum… So CBR writers are more dignified than those work in comic industry here?

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Huh look likes Cyborg Hal.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Watch your mouth mister!

Welcome back.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Welcome back Johnny

I love that Quitely variant! So glad they got him to do covers.

Astonishing Member

Welcome back Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Watch your mouth mister!

Welcome back.
    Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Welcome back Johnny

I love that Quitely variant! So glad they got him to do covers.
    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Welcome back Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I feel really good about this run. The fact that Hal has been able to retain most of his history really works well with Morrison’s love of continuity. I love that he wants to treat all of Hal’s history as “phases” of his life.

Gotta laugh at the shade at Hal though. Millennials might think John Stewart or Kyle Raynor are GL, but it’s been my experience that Gen Z’s are Hal fans. Johns was their intro to GL, not the JL cartoon. Hal’s taken his spot as “The” GL back from John for a while now.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. Lots of younger fans in their teens or early 20s were exposed to the Green Lantern character after GL Rebirth so the first Lantern they were most likely introduced to between the mid-2000s and present day is Hal Jordan. I certainly believe lots of Gen Z's are Hal Jordan fans, so I'm not certain why some people keep parroting this notion that younger generations don't care for Hal.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-07-2018 at 10:08 AM.

All-New Member

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Lots of younger fans in their teens or early 20s were exposed to the Green Lantern character after GL Rebirth so the first Lantern they were most likely introduced to between the mid-2000s and present day is Hal Jordan. I certainly believe lots of Gen Z's are Hal Jordan fans, so I'm not certain why some people keep parroting this notion that younger generations don't care for Hal.
    Yeah, I'm 24 but my first GL is Hal, and he made me sign up CBR even though I'm a poor English speaker

Also, It's funny because everyone else here refers to Kyle as a kid.