Page 86 of 115 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1723
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    I wish this is what happened in The Green Lantern #1 lol!

Great issues BTW love the art and Hal characteristics can't wait for issues 2
    I was hoping for the same thing.

Great issues BTW love the art and Hal characteristics can't wait for issues 2
    Adorable .

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Hope Hal has a pert to play in Doomsday Clock.
    i was hoping the same thing. well actually, the whole dc universe in general. it's great that hal is starring in his own book, but i'd really love to see him with the league, interacting with barry and olliver and dinah, and clark....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i was hoping the same thing. well actually, the whole dc universe in general. it's great that hal is starring in his own book, but i'd really love to see him with the league, interacting with barry and olliver and dinah, and clark....
    Morrison let slip there's an issue where the JL is defeated and Hal saves them, I'm looking forward to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Morrison let slip there's an issue where the JL is defeated and Hal saves them, I'm looking forward to that one.
    that's nice to hear. sometimes it feels hal is isolated with the rest of the dcu especially the justice league, considering they have to accommodate that many lanterns.

i'm also glad that hal (nathan fillion) is part of the coming reign of the supermen animated video.

Just read green lantern thought it was very good looking forward to next issue I’m glad Hal back to having solo green lantern book again.

The movie they must have watched on that date.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I loved Morrison's take on Hal so far. Grant's interviews even flesh out his thinking on Hal.

Hal this loner drifter (unreconstructed man) on the relatively boring earth who is not beaten down, because he's a confident and direct intergalactic space cop.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Hal being portrayed as just bored and not depressed or traumatized was one of the biggest highlights of the issue from me. Morrison is right, that's not who Hal Jordan is.

Makes me even more curious what exactly he was talking about when he said that after reading the first few issues people would say Hal wouldn't do that and then in time they would realize where the story is actually going. Perhaps the so-called "traitor" initially turning out to be him, only to then turn out that he was presenting himself as a traitor to uncover a bigger conspiracy? The Guardian's line to him was:"We already know who it will be. Now do you understand, Jordan?"
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-11-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Would be fun to see how all of this translate saleswise a few months from now.

Mighty Member

I know this is hardly an indicator but right now it's #2 on Comixology, just after The Walking Dead

I think the first issue's sale would be good, considering Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp's names alone already guarantee some interest, not to mention that DC's been pushing for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    I think the first issue's sale would be good, considering Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp's names alone already guarantee some interest, not to mention that DC's been pushing for this one.
    Yeah, at least initially it would do really well. If it keeps being a quality book, it would have at least respectable long-term sales I think.

Astonishing Member

I am gonna wait and give Morrison's Hal a chance however the one trope I am tired of that he is using as well is the, "Hal's personal life is a total disaster" one. Sure he isn't a billionaire playboy like Bruce but in a majority of comics Superman notwithstanding the characters everyday real life is rarely if ever featured and discussed, yet none of the other characters that I can think of are depicted as losers because of it. Either the Guardians should provide a stipend or, go back to the John's he works for the government so they forgive the absences thing. I just don't like Hal portrayed as a dufus for doing what all the other characters do as well. What other heroes can or do hold down an everyday job, pay rent, ect and if they do how do they do it?