Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    I wouldn't want them to do an Emerald Twilight adaptation without them first adapting/doing Emerald Dawn (with a Manhunter Robot and a Manhunter invasion of Oa instead of Legion) ED II (which is basically Training Day in space and Sin's downfall/banishment to the Antimatter Universe) the Power War (where Sin and The Weaponers of Qward invade the universe from the Antimatter Universe which killed billions) GLC #221-224 (which Johns used to exonerate Hal, bring back Sinestro from the dead after he was executed the first time and reveal that the Yellow Impurity that bonded with Sinestro's ghost and that Hal was exposed to in GLC #221-224 during their fight inside the original CPB that destroyed the GLC the first time was also sentient/the Parallax Entity. GLC #221-224 is also the same story that O'Neil used to plot his version of Emerald Twilight that Marz scripted)...

Then The Road Back and The Mosaic War.

After the ET adaptation, they could then do Emerald Fallout, New Hope, Emerald Knights, Rebirth, Revenge on the GL's, Wanted: Hal Jordan, Attack of the Zamarons, The Sinestro Corps War, etc

The GL Mythos are so rich that they/WB could do 15-20 different adaptations both live action and animated (although I would prefer animated first) just from the stories that immediately pop into my head.
    Too many stupid storylines to begin with that should never had been written and would be best forgotten.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    It's kind of funny, but if you were a new fan and just started reading at Hal & Pals #1, this last page would fall totally flat. Who is this person again? Why are they kissing? Is this a big deal? Cause I sorta glossed over her small forgettable cameos to get to those sweet double page action spreads.
    I agree. Carol deserves more than just a kiss after being messed with for so long time. Venditti obviously thinks she isn’t as important as other three earth lanterns in a book with Hal’s name on the title╮(╯▽╰)╭. As I said that scene was just “They kissed, what else do you nerds want?”

Incredible Member

I’m wondering if Hal knows John offered a vendetta to Zod as an exchange to get his assistance fighting against Darkstars and that led to Tomar-Tu’s death, what will he do? However this probably(and hopefully) won’t be brought up again since the series ended and we are going to get a relaunch.
    BTW, does that count as ”leader quality” as a hero? LOL
    Last edited by HAN9000; 08-08-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I agree. Carol deserves more than just a kiss after being messed with for so long time. Venditti obviously thinks she isn’t as important as other three earth lanterns in a book with Hal’s name on the title╮(╯▽╰)╭. As I said that scene was just “They kissed, what else do you nerds want?”
    Or Venditti didn't have enough pages to do more than the passionate kiss.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    I just recorded an interview with Venditti last night and when I asked about stories he didn't get to tell that he wanted to he actually mentioned two crossovers he wanted to do, one of them being with Green Lanterns. He said that the scheduling didn't work out behind the scenes for it to happen. The story idea was pretty interesting, involving more Power Rings.
    I listened to the interview on the train to work this morning, and really enjoyed it.

Are the Earth-3 character counterparts opposite in personality or like dark mirrors in that they're evil versions of the characters we know? Either way, Earth-3 versions of the GLC members would be very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    They switch back to green on the next page. Knowing Morrison's predilection for explaining continuity goofs, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes up with something about Hal's on again/off again white boots

just like how geoff explained hal having gray temples.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't mean to play devil's advocate, but Morrison has never really cared about following continuity much. Since he said that he would basically ignore Johns' run, I doubt he would reference anything from Venditti's run either. Another thing is we don't see some note on the final page saying something like "Hal Jordan will return in "The Green Lantern" this November". So they would probably let ol' Grant do a bunch of crazy Morrison stuff for 12 issues and then go back to their previously scheduled program.
    You must be talking about some other Grant Morrison because Grant actively uses continuity. Besides Hal x Carol isn't Venditti's creation. Its a classic/iconic couple so even if he ignores Venditti it doesn't mean he'll not use Carol.

Let me rephrase, Morrison is the type of author who would always be allowed to ignore or change portions of continuity if he believes it would serve the story he's telling. I doubt editors would tell him that he can't do something or must add something he doesn't want to.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-09-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Let me rephrase, Morrison is the type of author who would always be allowed to ignore or change portions of continuity if he believes would serve the story he's telling. I doubt editors would tell him that he can't do something or must add something he doesn't want to.
    So he's like Bendis.

if morrison does include carol in his stories, would it be better if her sapphire role just got left out?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    if morrison does include carol in his stories, would it be better if her sapphire role just got left out?
    What I'd like to see is Hal Jordan developed, and how he is compared to Green Lantern. A quintessential aspect to Hal's character is Carol Ferris, which is much more interesting than Green Lantern and Star Sapphire. If Morrison explores what Carol means to Hal and does more with their relationship than killing it after they get together, all the better. Hal has developed enough not to run off into space, especially since the cosmic threat level events seem to be rested for the time being.

I think a good direction for Hal would be semi-retiring him, he sticks around on Earth and with Carol, but joins the Corps or the League when things are dire. Maybe he gets his job at Ferris Air back, rebuild that part of his supporting cast.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Or Venditti didn't have enough pages to do more than the passionate kiss.
    That's the same thing. He didn't think Carol deserve the pages he used to write other characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    That's the same thing. He didn't think Carol deserve the pages he used to write other characters.
    The interview on the Podcast of Oa is a great listen, and an insight into how Venditti writes as well as the conditions he was working with. He had ideas for characters and storylines to use for New 52 but a messy editorial (he says the move across the country meant people coming in and out) meant those couldn't happen or had to be deferred to Rebirth, such as Bottled Light. With Rebirth he was acutely aware that there were people who would be predisposed to not like Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps because they were fans of any particular Earth Lantern and their favorite had to share panel time. That's why the storylines try to give a role to each Earth Lantern that only they can do. Even then readers may kick up a stink because they like John, and he isn't getting as much spotlight as they would want him to get. When there's an alien Corps member who gets focus that's panel time other characters may not get. It's balancing plates, and trying to put a violet plate up there could have been over-egging the pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    What I'd like to see is Hal Jordan developed, and how he is compared to Green Lantern. A quintessential aspect to Hal's character is Carol Ferris, which is much more interesting than Green Lantern and Star Sapphire. If Morrison explores what Carol means to Hal and does more with their relationship than killing it after they get together, all the better. Hal has developed enough not to run off into space, especially since the cosmic threat level events seem to be rested for the time being.

I think a good direction for Hal would be semi-retiring him, he sticks around on Earth and with Carol, but joins the Corps or the League when things are dire. Maybe he gets his job at Ferris Air back, rebuild that part of his supporting cast.
    I agree, which is why the premise that Morrison would show Hal stranded on Earth and being anxious to get away from it kind of bothers me. That's another reason why I pointed out that Morrison likely wouldn't concern himself with recent continuity, since Venditti showed that Hal did want to be back on Earth at times.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-09-2018 at 03:43 AM.