Page 106 of 115 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1723

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Truth!

I still hate Iris with a passion. She is entirely too propped up for what she brings to the table. In a group of super powered demigods, inventors and scientists..... Part time blogger who's dad is a cop REALLY doesn't qualifier for... anything. And to go from 'equal voice' to 'de facto leader'... just irks me.
    Her leadership role was not well-handled (in my similar opinion).

Although Hal being on a team (of sorts) worked well in GL:TAS, so I think it's all in the execution.

Speaking of which...
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Green Lantern The Animated Series coming to DC Universe in January - https://www.blogofoa.com/2018/12/gre...n-january.html
    Awesome! Felt weird not seeing it on there .

And ha! Most requested show .

Extraordinary Member

We got a hot ginger face down, and butt up in HiC.....and plus other notable deaths....

Crazy enough, William Hand is no where to be seen....

Man, I'd love for Grant include him in a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    We got a hot ginger face down, and butt up in HiC.....and plus other notable deaths....

Crazy enough, William Hand is no where to be seen....

Man, I'd love for Grant include him in a story.
    Isn't Hand still stuck on the Source Wall? Oh wait, that blew up...

I would really like to see what Morrison would do with Black Hand. I think we could get something really trippy and creepy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't Hand still stuck on the Source Wall? Oh wait, that blew up...

I would really like to see what Morrison would do with Black Hand. I think we could get something really trippy and creepy.

Grant might give us some creepy cosmic Cosby stuff with ol' Bill Hand.

Incredible Member

IMO every TV show based on DC Comics now is garbage, especially those produced by CW.
    Except Preacher, if Vertigo counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I totally agree. I'd hate for the WB to mess up Hal's character. I get the feeling we'd get the Dennis O'Neil version, or the dumb frat boy version. I fear they would go extreme, instead of nuance.

Although, I think Guy & Kyle would flourish on the WB. I think Guy would be a break out character; he'd keep you guessing every week.

Hal is too good for prime time.
    Ugh. Comments like this about Hal's character kind of irk me a little. Especially when people compare him to Kyle and Guy (who were both given a lot of Hal's characteristics)

A lot of people seem to forget that before Kyle came along Hal was the calm, cool, laid back, level-headed, altruistic one with a sense of humour out of him, Guy and John (John was young, smart and somewhat brash while Guy, well... I'll get to him lower down)

When Guy was brought back during CoIE and was brought out of his coma before his brain fully healed (for the second time as Sinestro also brought Guy out of his coma before his brain fully healed contributing to his brain damage even more before that) by a rogue faction of the Guardians, he was literally brought back to be "Hal without the restraint and tactfulness" as Wolfman, Wein, Moore, Englehart, Giffen, DeMatteis, Jones and others who were integral to bringing Guy back from the coma O'Neil put him in so John could be Hal's backup at the beginning of the Bronze Age during HTH have all said in various interviews over the years.

This is why I don't think Hal has ever really been judged fairly by a lot of the comic book fans that make up the current fanbase since they brought him back. If he acts humorously or sometimes stubborn other people instantly start comparing him to Kyle and Guy without even realizing that for a while there Kyle took over Hal's place as the calm, cool, laid back, level-headed, altruistic one with a sense of humour and that post-CoIE Guy literally is Hal in a lot of ways, just ramped up times 1000.

It's almost like the character has to constantly justify its own existence among fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if I want to see a live-action Hal if he's not Green Lantern.

Off-hand I think Hal would probably be the more fun and down-to-Earth guy who counterpoints Arrow Ollie basically being Batman with a bow and arrow.

So kind of like how Hal and Bruce are except without the constant animosity.

(Although they would definitely dumb him down to make him less effective and need help. Just look at how they write Barry).
    I wish DC would use Hal and Bruce the way they were used before Flashpoint.

Two guys with different views but are both really alike in certain ways and respect each other deep down because of their similarities.

Last edited by Johnny; 12-15-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

That Rick Deckard comparison from one of the reviews makes me think that it would be really cool to see Hal in a futuristic sci fi neo noir.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Amazing art. Shame it was wasted on a crap story.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I always appreciate Hal and Barry's friendship .

(Also I miss the Flash Museum).

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Coming in January to DC Universe .