Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    what happened? where's the old thread?
    This is why I asked the OP or a moderator to clearly label this thread V2
    And post a link to the original in the first post, so people would have easy reference and wouldn't have to search.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

The Original Hal Jordan Appreciation thread - http://community.comicbookresources....ghlight=jordan

(so we always have it in one place for easy access and reference)
    Thanks!
    The original Appreciation Thread and many of the long going Appreciation threads, have been closed in a (futile) attempt to speed up the boards, which have been running incredibly slow of late, and causing many double-posts.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-06-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    what happened? where's the old thread?
    It's still there, but it (and other threads) have been closed by the mods:

"There is a notion that rather large threads may contribute to server load. As such, we are experimenting with closing existing threads to see if it helps matters.
    Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic."

Might I also recommend to the OP to copy over the board rules for appreciation threads to the first post just to have them there?

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Am I a bit too sensitive?... I don't like this change of Hal's costume...
    Well, you're not the only "sensitive" one here ... I hate it anytime Hal's boots are colored white and while I don't mind as much about the different uniform here, I really don't like that his nose isn't covered! Ha.... yes, that bothers me...

^ Love the Light-Speed duo.
    This gen. of writers have sadly somewhat neglected this great character friendship.

EDIT: Johny, I see the thread title, and link to the original Appreciation thread have been updated.
    Thanks! And again for starting the new thread.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-06-2018 at 01:46 PM.

My pleasure. I didn't even know that apparently you can't change a thread's title even if you created the thread, so I had to contact a moderator to ask the title to be changed.

the boards are still slow.

sigh. it was fun looking at how many replies and views hal's appreciation thread had.

and i bet this post will be double posted once i'm done posting.

I managed to avoid the double posting for some reason. lol But yeah, I'm disappointed about losing the old thread too, especially if it was for no reason. It had almost 2M views. That's insane.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-06-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

New interview with Venditti and preview for Hal Jordan & GLC 50.

https://www.newsarama.com/41269-hal-...tti-s-run.html
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Hopefully, the problems on the forums get resolved soon. I'm sure everyone is working hard to fix it.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 08-06-2018 at 07:16 PM.

First post to the new thread so why not try and be optimistic? I reread the Grant Morrison thing in DC Nation with a less cynical eye. It's supposedly his pitch for the new series but some stuff is redacted for spoilers I suppose?

It's curious that his list of no this, no that, no etc. is all redacted except for no Hector Hammond and No Star Sapphire. Like, why not just redact the whole thing? What difference would it make? Maybe so Brian Cunningham could add his little "No Carol Ferris"? note. I don't know. Seems like a big tease. Later on they list the "special appearances" which is entirely redacted except for one "Star" something character.

Anyway, pitches can be such horseschitt. Didn't the pitch for Walking Dead include aliens? Morrison has to add crap like it's a cross between Valerian and Barbarella meets whateverdafuq. But I do like that his goal is to have every issue stand on its own. Venditti's certainly did not. You needed to read 4 or 5 to get the whole story.

Lastly, I can dream on his concept of treating it like a 12 issue/episode TV season and wonder if it will resemble GLTAS. Who knows, maybe Carol would be in one of the subplots. Dream big, nerd.
    Save Ferris...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    First post to the new thread so why not try and be optimistic? I reread the Grant Morrison thing in DC Nation with a less cynical eye. It's supposedly his pitch for the new series but some stuff is redacted for spoilers I suppose?

It's curious that his list of no this, no that, no etc. is all redacted except for no Hector Hammond and No Star Sapphire. Like, why not just redact the whole thing? What difference would it make? Maybe so Brian Cunningham could add his little "No Carol Ferris"? note. I don't know. Seems like a big tease. Later on they list the "special appearances" which is entirely redacted except for one "Star" something character.

Anyway, pitches can be such horseschitt. Didn't the pitch for Walking Dead include aliens? Morrison has to add crap like it's a cross between Valerian and Barbarella meets whateverdafuq. But I do like that his goal is to have every issue stand on its own. Venditti's certainly did not. You needed to read 4 or 5 to get the whole story.

Lastly, I can dream on his concept of treating it like a 12 issue/episode TV season and wonder if it will resemble GLTAS. Who knows, maybe Carol would be in one of the subplots. Dream big, nerd.
    Wow, if this was you trying to be optimistic and less cynical, you might want to try a little harder

Seriously, Morrison is a great creator and Sharp is a great artist. At the very least it will bring new eyeballs to a character you already love, which will no doubt create some sorely needed new fans for Hal Jordan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think it's funny. Reminds me of the Justice League Action design.
    Well I don't like that one either. (;′⌒`) Especially the black hair...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, you're not the only "sensitive" one here ... I hate it anytime Hal's boots are colored white and while I don't mind as much about the different uniform here, I really don't like that his nose isn't covered! Ha.... yes, that bothers me...
    And I’ve always had an obsession with the opera gloves.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    New interview with Venditti and preview for Hal Jordan & GLC 50.

https://www.newsarama.com/41269-hal-...tti-s-run.html

For Hal, I think his growth was more a maturation, in some senses. He started out as leader of the Green Lantern Corps, thinking he'd be able to take it on and take his singular approach to combat and apply it on a corps-wide level, and that didn't work out very well.

So it's about each of the characters, not just him, but each of the characters learning what their individual strengths are and what they do best. And that serves everyone around them.
    That is all growth Hal got under his run in his calculation? Overestimated himself and failed being a leader? How much malice does he hold against this character? Thank God he's finally gone.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 08-07-2018 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I managed to avoid the double posting for some reason. lol But yeah, I'm disappointed about losing the old thread too, especially if it was for no reason. It had almost 2M views. That's insane.
    yeah, i remember it was nearing 2 million. that was cool.

was it really the appreciation threads that's been slowing down the forum?