Page 23 of 115 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Indeed. Naughty girl.

I would have preferred seeing Olivia over the pages wasted on Cowgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I would have preferred seeing Olivia over the pages wasted on Cowgirl.
    olivia's u-mind would have interesting to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    These were fun shorts. I kinda wish they had done more of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    cool. where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    cool. where is this from?
    Was a series of DC Super Friends shorts promoting the Imaginext line of toys.

Last edited by Güicho; 08-30-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    And letting the Lost Lanterns die in space was not the first act he made as a broken man?

I don't think that's only Sinestro overstating his importance. I think the move of killing Sinestro has some special meaning. It marks Hal replaced Sinestro as the villain, or at least obviously Ron Marz wanted to show that.
    Hal never considered the Lost Lanterns 'dead'. He outrights states that he left them enough energy to survive... and Kilowog points out that all the OTHER lanterns in a scrap somewhere will be screwed when he steals the power.

Killing them didn't count. Outside of cutting off Boodika's hand... it was little more than a glorified training session. he ran a gauntlet, but didn't kill them. (Between Last will and testament book, and John's lost lantern arc.... it's been verified on multiple realities that they survived.

Though in the Guy Gardner books, there WERE a lot of dead lanterns floating around, so yeah... stealing the power did rack up a body count.

Honestly, I don't think Killing Sinestro was THAT big of a deal for him. It's what pushed him out of the 'Heroes don't kill' bubble that he'd always been in... but then they eventually even changed the rules to where it was totally okay to kill Sinestro corps...

Back during Emerald Twilight, Sinestro wasn't shown as his good buddy and best friend... He was 1) The guy who trained him and they NEVER got along.... and 2) A traitor to the corps who had murdered green lanterns and entire planets. He was the reason that Kilowog was alone in the universe. AND... He had been dead for years. There weren't any stories between Emerald Dawn II and Emerald Twilight to contradict it.

Sinestro was the #1 most evil excuse for a Green Lantern and a blight upon the tradition. Even in the story it was shown as a 'I should have done this years ago' kind of thing..

Kilowog however? That was one of his bestest buddies in the universe. I don't buy that killing Sinestro pushed him over the edge... but Killing Kilowog certainly did. That was the one step too far that he could never come back from. The point of no return. Anything else, including Sinestro he could have been forgiven, but That was the last straw.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I am kind of confused I always thought Gerard Jones era was the 2nd best one during my reading the book some 40+ years. He took it from a bit part in Action Comics weekly with no ongoing all the way to a mothership title that birthed 2 sub titles (Guy Gardner and Mosaic) and a Quarterly. That all happened from issue one up until #25. However this is about the time Jones said he wanted to make the book 'his'. However, that might mean the high water point of his run in my opinion wasn't him at all but more editorially mandated (#1-35) after the Third Law arc the book tailed off for me leading into Emerald Twilight. It wasn't Knightfall or Death of Superman big but I had the feeling the book was doing pretty good during the first 3 years of his run on GL.

Yeah I agree. GL#25 was one of my first GL comics and I became an instant fan. I was hitting back issue bins back through silver age... but it started with Jones' #25. It had it's ups and downs, but it's always frustrating to hear people criticize how bad a book was and how they had to change everything... when you were collecting faithfully and loving every issue.

Astonishing Member

Vanity on Booster maybe. Not with Hal though.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Vanity on Booster maybe. Not with Hal though.
    Seems to be based on New-52 Hal. He's a bit vain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Hal never considered the Lost Lanterns 'dead'. He outrights states that he left them enough energy to survive... and Kilowog points out that all the OTHER lanterns in a scrap somewhere will be screwed when he steals the power.

Killing them didn't count. Outside of cutting off Boodika's hand... it was little more than a glorified training session. he ran a gauntlet, but didn't kill them. (Between Last will and testament book, and John's lost lantern arc.... it's been verified on multiple realities that they survived.

Though in the Guy Gardner books, there WERE a lot of dead lanterns floating around, so yeah... stealing the power did rack up a body count.

Honestly, I don't think Killing Sinestro was THAT big of a deal for him. It's what pushed him out of the 'Heroes don't kill' bubble that he'd always been in... but then they eventually even changed the rules to where it was totally okay to kill Sinestro corps...

Back during Emerald Twilight, Sinestro wasn't shown as his good buddy and best friend... He was 1) The guy who trained him and they NEVER got along.... and 2) A traitor to the corps who had murdered green lanterns and entire planets. He was the reason that Kilowog was alone in the universe. AND... He had been dead for years. There weren't any stories between Emerald Dawn II and Emerald Twilight to contradict it.

Sinestro was the #1 most evil excuse for a Green Lantern and a blight upon the tradition. Even in the story it was shown as a 'I should have done this years ago' kind of thing..

Kilowog however? That was one of his bestest buddies in the universe. I don't buy that killing Sinestro pushed him over the edge... but Killing Kilowog certainly did. That was the one step too far that he could never come back from. The point of no return. Anything else, including Sinestro he could have been forgiven, but That was the last straw.
    Yeah but now after Geoff Johns retconned everything, shouldn't we have a new view about it?
    And I just think that was a big deal for Hal. Before ET there was a story Hal was given an illusion that he killed Sinestro and he nearly broke down for that.
    Killing members of Sinestro Corps was OK because they were at war. That was totally different from law enforcement.
    BTW, I guess this is how different an old reader and a new one begin from New52 sees the same plot.

Incredible Member

Back then, there was a nice banter between Sinestro and Hal, but the deal breaker was definitely, Hal killing Kilowog. And the understanding was that, after Hal absorbed the energies in the Central Battery, all the Lanterns in space or engaged in combat had their rings suddenly drained, and thus died (with some exceptions, obviously).

While I actually did like the return of the Lost Lanterns during Johns' run, the retconn did nothing for me, and I prefer to think that their survival was an exception to the rule.

But then again, I find myself disliking most of what John did.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-universe-shou...imated-series/

Oh wow, CBR said something nice about Hal. Sort of.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-universe-shou...imated-series/

Oh wow, CBR said something nice about Hal. Sort of.
    this needs to happen... soon.

Seems to be based on New-52 Hal. He's a bit vain.
    I like to think Hal has a pretty healthy ego and opinion of himself, just not up to the point that he acts like an idiot about it .