Page 25 of 115 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    That happened long before what I said, and long before that relationship turned the show into a soap opera. The last arc of the show was terrible. Razer hurt Aya’s feeling, Aya turned evvil, Aya beat AM, Aya became the big baddie, Aya got people killed, love conquered everything, love saved the day, love won. Where was Hal? Where was the corps? Is this animation’s name Green Lantern or Razer & Aya?
    I don’t hate their love. But I do hate boring soap opera. I was there to watch a superhero show, not two original characters’s love destroyed the universe or saved the universe.
    again, sorry to hear that.

i had a different experience with the show though. it was fun for me, fresh, and i thought one of the best hal characterization ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I liked Razer and Aya much more individually, rather than as a couple, but I didn't have a problem with that relationship. The show is dearly missed.
    i miss it as well. can't believe its been years since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i miss it as well. can't believe its been years since.
    not so long ago, but FWIW, the show was lightyears better than the movie

BANNED

One of the things that bothers me is that th recharging of the lantern has become a lost plot point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It was the lack of toy sales and the fact that girls were watching more than boys. Paul Dini said that, dunno how true that is or if it was just in reference toYoung Justice being canceled as well at the time.
    THe show had the ratings.

There were no toys and it didn't help that most of the movie toys actually got tossed out before the film was out. If you could find them and not see them already in clearance before the film. Looking at YOU Wal-Mart.

Young Justice had toys but you had to HUNT for them. Especially the deluxe ones and mainly Aqualad version.

GLCorps movie gets green-lit and absolutely destroys the box office.
    That won't happen. That would mean beating the guy from Wakanda.

A GLC movie should be just about THAT a GLC not love letter to one or two guys.

You got a big enough roster to have a FIELD DAY with enough toys to drive X-men and Spider-Man crazy.

This should be the GI Joe of DC.

But it falls on DC. If we can get a Spider-Verse film with Miles, Gwen & Peter and no fan war. Surely we can get a GLC film with 6 Earth lanterns and 4 alien ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

But it falls on DC. If we can get a Spider-Verse film with Miles, Gwen & Peter and no fan war. Surely we can get a GLC film with 6 Earth lanterns and 4 alien ones.
    Those other 5 GLs are all really Skrull infiltrators and Jordan relegates them all to an alternate universe and saves the day.

Spider-Man is not a legacy mantle. Miles may be a popular character in his own right but he's no real competition for Peter, so why would Spidey fans have a problem with Peter being a supporting character/older mentor in a Miles-centered animated movie. With a legacy franchise like GL, the subject of equal treatment is a different animal. Hal fans don't want Hal to play second fiddle to another GL, same way fans of other GLs don't want their favorites to play second fiddle to Hal. The fan vitriol in a franchise like that is much bigger for obvious reasons.

BANNED

Spider-Man is not a legacy mantle. Miles may be a popular character in his own right but he's no real competition for Peter, so why would Spidey fans have a problem with Peter being a supporting character/older mentor in a Miles-centered animated movie.
    You completely lost me

With a legacy franchise like GL, the subject of equal treatment is a different animal.
    Yeah I don't care about that, I just want my Green Lantern not screwed up and tarnished, as it was created.

Hal fans don't want Hal to play second fiddle to another GL, same way fans of other GLs don't want their favorites to play second fiddle to Hal.
    Apples and Oranges. I'm a Green Lantern fan. And Hal Jorndan IS Green Lantern....

I don't care what they do with the other ones other than I wish they would just stop publishing that .... stuff

When the other GLs are
    The fan vitriol in a franchise like that is much bigger for obvious reasons.
    For nearly a generation now they keep screwing with this character, and screwing him up. Theyt put garbage writers and artists on the magazine, and even the good ones do lousy work. Has there ever been a worst GL than Stantons? That was like Archie. They get bored and they make the man without fear mope and depressed. They make him old. They make him nearly ominpotent and then evil. He stops saying his oath in most issues. They attach him to the darn Spectre. Then they finally bring him back but no.. then they add a bunch of other Green Lanterns. They then have a GL of every flavor and race. Then we have color wars, whoses storylines, even the writers didn't understand. There is no adults in the editorial room here...

screw it all.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That won't happen. That would mean beating the guy from Wakanda.
    Why would a GLC film need to beat Black Panther?
    Spider-Man is not a legacy mantle. Miles may be a popular character in his own right but he's no real competition for Peter, so why would Spidey fans have a problem with Peter being a supporting character/older mentor in a Miles-centered animated movie. With a legacy franchise like GL, the subject of equal treatment is a different animal. Hal fans don't want Hal to play second fiddle to another GL, same way fans of other GLs don't want their favorites to play second fiddle to Hal. The fan vitriol in a franchise like that is much bigger for obvious reasons.
    I think another difference is that Peter is the MCU Spider-Man and probably will be the only live-action Spider-Man for the forseeable future, so a supporting role in one animated movie probably won't make that big a dent.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    You completely lost me
    I wasn't responding to you specifically, but I don't get what was so confusing, my point was that comparing Spidey to GL just doesn't make much sense given the nature of both franchises.

Yeah I don't care about that, I just want my Green Lantern not screwed up and tarnished, as it was created.
    Same here, just pointing out that, again, comparing Peter, Miles and Gwen to the Green Lanterns doesn't make a lot of sense.

Apples and Oranges. I'm a Green Lantern fan. And Hal Jordan IS Green Lantern....
    Well, someone else can just as easily say that to them "Kyle Rayner IS Green Lantern". For the third time, my point was that it doesn't make sense to compare a franchise that has always been about legacy to Spider-Man.

For nearly a generation now they keep screwing with this character, and screwing him up. Theyt put garbage writers and artists on the magazine, and even the good ones do lousy work. Has there ever been a worst GL than Stantons? That was like Archie. They get bored and they make the man without fear mope and depressed. They make him old. They make him nearly ominpotent and then evil. He stops saying his oath in most issues. They attach him to the darn Spectre. Then they finally bring him back but no.. then they add a bunch of other Green Lanterns. They then have a GL of every flavor and race. Then we have color wars, whoses storylines, even the writers didn't understand. There is no adults in the editorial room here...

screw it all.
    And despite all of that, Hal is a character who stands the test of time. Otherwise we won't have someone like Grant Morrison writing his book.

BANNED

Well, someone else can just as easily say that to them "Kyle Rayner IS Green Lantern".
    Only if they are going to delete Showcase 22 from the timeline

BANNED

And despite all of that, Hal is a character who stands the test of time. Otherwise we won't have someone like Grant Morrison writing his book.
    That Julius and Eli for that.

Only if they are going to delete Showcase 22 from the timeline
    Do I really need to say it again? There's no comparison between Hal Jordan and Peter Parker. They would only be comparable if Hal was the only GL in publication from the late 50s until the 2010s. Hence, if someone started reading comics in the 90s, their GL would likely be Kyle, or if their first exposure to the character was the DCAU, their GL would be John. That's the nature of this franchise, it's not just one character that's been the sole representative of the mantle for 60 years, despite that Hal is the most enduring and prominent character associated with it. I don't get what's the problem here.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-02-2018 at 01:55 PM.

That Julius and Eli for that.
    I'm afraid I don't understand the reference.