Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I thought the finale ived up to the hype. Venditti's run might have not been particularly memorable and downright bad at times, but it did have it's moments. I'm pleased this issue was definitely one of them. And yeah, the ending was really nice too.

YES!!!

Even if nothing comes from this I'm so happy we got this moment. Just made my day.

What? No, I just got something in my eye, ok.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Although it is just a perfunctory response to the fans persisting in this ship which was sunk by him initially and this scene could've been done at any point of this series and probably will be ignored by the next writer.
    It's nice to see.
    This is about how I feel

I'm happy to see them together but I feel like this scene should have happened sooner (at the very least it should have happened at the end of the Hammond arc, instead of John's cockblocking (actually I still don't think he should have split them up to begin with, nothing worthwhile came of it)), we're not going to actually get to see them together, and I'll be shocked if this continues into Morrison GL, but... It's still nice to see after getting nothing for years.

I guess now I can sum up my impression of Venditti's run as such: "Well, at least...."

This is good. This is fine. Haven't read #50 yet (or 48 or 49) but spoilers be damned, the last page is the only thing I cared about.

It's kind of funny, but if you were a new fan and just started reading at Hal & Pals #1, this last page would fall totally flat. Who is this person again? Why are they kissing? Is this a big deal? Cause I sorta glossed over her small forgettable cameos to get to those sweet double page action spreads.

And now we get to bash Morrison if he starts off his book with Hal sans Carol. What about the kiss? They kissed!! You can't break continuity like that! Error!

You know what would be even more funny is if Morrison starts off his book with the same half-assed break up sequence that we saw back in GL#21. He could even just take a straight up photocopy of those pages and paste them in. If that happened, I would just laugh. I like Carol and all, but nothing beats a good Andy Kaufman-esque joke of that magnitude. Here's to better days ahead.
    Save Ferris...

I don't mean to play devil's advocate, but Morrison has never really cared about following continuity much. Since he said that he would basically ignore Johns' run, I doubt he would reference anything from Venditti's run either. Another thing is we don't see some note on the final page saying something like "Hal Jordan will return in "The Green Lantern" this November". So they would probably let ol' Grant do a bunch of crazy Morrison stuff for 12 issues and then go back to their previously scheduled program.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-08-2018 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    You know what would be even more funny is if Morrison starts off his book with the same half-assed break up sequence that we saw back in GL#21. He could even just take a straight up photocopy of those pages and paste them in.
    Or he'd copy over the last panel from #50, and then have them break up in the very next panel with Hal flying off saying "Yeah, that was nice... but, I gotta go..."

Although, since it's Morrison, he'll copy that panel then reveal it was just Hal reading a GL comic book while he's on another planet having just boned some alien chick...

I thought the finale ived up to the hype. Venditti's run might have not been particularly memorable and downright bad at times, but it did have it's moments. I'm pleased this issue was definitely one of them. And yeah, the ending was really nice too.

okay, gotta say that ending was just awesome....

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    I just recorded an interview with Venditti last night and when I asked about stories he didn't get to tell that he wanted to he actually mentioned two crossovers he wanted to do, one of them being with Green Lanterns. He said that the scheduling didn't work out behind the scenes for it to happen. The story idea was pretty interesting, involving more Power Rings.
    Any chance one of those dropped stories was Evil Star? It seemed odd that he was teased,only to have it turn out to be an off-panel mission.

He didn't mention Evil Star, but did mention that he wanted to do more with some of the classic villains than he did.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hal likes to get punchie...
    Attachment 69119
    One thing I appreciate about Hal is that he's not afraid to get into fisticuffs if he has to.

Y'know, I could say how this still doesn't make up for how ignored Carol was in this run, how it took fifty issues to get to here, or how Venditti previously wrote the relationship...but golly if this doesn't still put a smile on my face.
    I just recorded an interview with Venditti last night and when I asked about stories he didn't get to tell that he wanted to he actually mentioned two crossovers he wanted to do, one of them being with Green Lanterns. He said that the scheduling didn't work out behind the scenes for it to happen. The story idea was pretty interesting, involving more Power Rings.
    I think I remembered something like that being indicated in the "flash-forward" issue, although most of those teases didn't really amount to anything.
    He didn't mention Evil Star, but did mention that he wanted to do more with some of the classic villains than he did.
    That would've been nice to see.

I feel like a lot of the complaints about the Colored Corps. would die down if there was still emphasis or focus on older or new GL villains.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Yeah!!! Finally

After 5 years my soul in Hell! Now please tell me if

Grant Morrison is not gonna break them apart.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Not sure if he would actually break them apart, as opposed to probably not address anything from the Venditti run.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-08-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Also Hal appeared in today's Supergirl's #21 sporting that Mcguire crew cut.

Also that line is awesome Hal.

RCO012_w.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I guess Morrison's run kind of explains why Hal is appearing on Earth so much in the Superman books .

I love that dig at Guy .

Gaaaahhh!! White boots?!?!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Gaaaahhh!! White boots?!?!
    They switch back to green on the next page. Knowing Morrison's predilection for explaining continuity goofs, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes up with something about Hal's on again/off again white boots