Page 40 of 115 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    That's what you get for putting the most boring lantern on the justice league LOL
    There's a lot of truth to that.

I hate that John's been around 50years or so and really STILL hasn't been developed well. He has very little in supporting cast, friends, enemies, and life outside the GLC.

It really seems like if they were going to tell this story with Sinestro and Evil Hal... they SHOULD have used Hal. If they want to use John... find or create something that will be uniquely John.

When was the last time the Mosaic world was mentioned? Didn't he have any enemies there? Couldn't there be someone who was on those cities gain powers and hold a grudge against him for keeping them there?

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Guys let's think positive, we haven't see the story yet it just Hal with some kind of armor and no some spooky teeth like when someone possessed by Parallax.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Mighty Member

It's cool Cheung is drawing Hal! I think the evil JL thing was a debunked rumor

BANNED

I think hal will be fine Scott s shown he could write a good hal in metal,and he chose hal in metal so at least we know he doesn't hate him LOL

Also, let's not forget the rules of appreciation threads specifically state no trash talking other "competing" characters who hold the mantle.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Also, let's not forget the rules of appreciation threads specifically state no trash talking other "competing" characters who hold the mantle.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    There's a lot of truth to that.

I hate that John's been around 50years or so and really STILL hasn't been developed well. He has very little in supporting cast, friends, enemies, and life outside the GLC.

It really seems like if they were going to tell this story with Sinestro and Evil Hal... they SHOULD have used Hal. If they want to use John... find or create something that will be uniquely John.

When was the last time the Mosaic world was mentioned? Didn't he have any enemies there? Couldn't there be someone who was on those cities gain powers and hold a grudge against him for keeping them there?
    I'm not even sure Mosaic is still in continuity. Plus, I can understand DC not wanting to promote the work of the person who wrote that series.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I think hal will be fine Scott s shown he could write a good hal in metal,and he chose hal in metal so at least we know he doesn't hate him LOL
    I think it was more of an editorial decision to use Hal in Metal. However Snyder said he unexpectedly liked writing Hal in Metal. So that should mean he doesn't hate Hal.
    But honestly I don't really like his portrayal of Hal... It always made me feel awkward seeing him trying hard to show Hal's personality but couldn't quite catch the essence.
    BTW, by now since every earth lantern except Guy and Simon (the least popular two) has a book, I'm starting to consider it was an editorial decision to use John in Justice League too. Jessica in JLO, Kyle in Titan, the arrangements can't be accidental.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 09-21-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah I was hesitant to post the link for that reason. Wanted to express some concerns for the story, not use it to bash other characters, even though I share some of the opinions about Hal's absence from Snyder's JL.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    Guys let's think positive, we haven't see the story yet it just Hal with some kind of armor and no some spooky teeth like when someone possessed by Parallax.
    Isn't this Hal meant to be the Zero Hour version? As such, isn't he supposed to be the original version that went mad, as opposed to the space bug version. The original Parallax didn't have demonic appearance.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-21-2018 at 07:38 AM.

BANNED

I think it was more of an editorial decision to use Hal in Metal. However Snyder said he unexpectedly liked writing Hal in Metal. So that should mean he doesn't hate Hal.
    But honestly I don't really like his portrayal of Hal... It always made me feel awkward seeing him trying hard to show Hal's personality but couldn't quite catch the essence.
    BTW, by now since every earth lantern except Guy and Simon (the least popular two) has a book now, I'm starting to consider it was an editorial decision to use John in Justice League too. Jessica in JLO, Kyle in Titan, the arrangements can't be accidental
    I believe they are saving guy for an upcoming green lantern corps book,baz I don't know we'll wait and see

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Isn't this Hal meant to be the Zero Hour version? As such, isn't he supposed to be the pre-Rebirth version that went mad, as opposed to the space bug. The original Parallax didn't have demonic appearance.
    I don't think they will ever touch the original went mad version... that version means Hal did turn evil at some point in time. And that was what Johns and DC tried hard to revamp in Rebirth. So the Parallax from Zero Hour in convergence was still possessed even he didn't show the spooky teeth at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah I was hesitant to post the link for that reason. Wanted to express some concerns for the story, not use it to bash other characters, even though I share some of the opinions about Hal's absence from Snyder's JL.
    I was certainly not calling you out for introducing the topic. A few others started in on John and that's the problem.

I am also apprehensive about Hal's appearance. I fear that this will be presented as an excuse for John to show up Hal by proxy. Guess we'll see how it shakes out. It would be great though to see someone follow up on the whole "Parallax has been running around loose for quite awhile now."

BANNED

Wow that's beautiful