Page 53 of 115 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

A couple page from The Green Lantern #1

Source Bleeding Cool
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Mighty Member

That first one must be the Quitely variant? It looks great!

green lantern has a new lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    That first one must be the Quitely variant? It looks great!
    it does look like frank quitely.

and really scary.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

And here we go ANOTHER WHITE BOOTS!!!
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    And here we go ANOTHER WHITE BOOTS!!!
    didn't even notice the boots.

it seems hal has visited eternia lately.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Source Bleeding Cool
    Those Liam Sharpe pages are amazing.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Source Bleeding Cool
    Looks like the Guardians now have new digs.

And is that supposed to be Mogo or just some symbolism with what the Guardians' pupils look like? Knowing Morrison, it could be both.

I never even knew about this. Is it a line of toys?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    what do you guys think about the first quote, is Morrison going to portray Hal as more of a liberal because of his time in space?
    Makes sense to me. While I never had a problem with Geoff Johns's conception of Hal Jordan as John McCain-style conservative as many military men are, I think it was too limiting, because Hal is a guy who's seen and done far more than any ordinary human has. He would certainly not be limited to such narrow philosophies as conservatism or liberalism as we define them within the structures of our deeply flawed political systems.

To be fair, Hal has identified himself as a "bleeding heart liberal" as far back as the Steve Englehart/Joe Staton era. The only time Hal Jordan was specifically portrayed as conservative was when he was dumbed-down to be Oliver Queen's punching bag by Denny O'Neil for the classic, but deeply flawed by today's standards, GL/GA series.

Now, this isn't to say that Hal strikes me as a particularly politically-motivated person. I don't think he has much interest in expressing his political or philisophical views to anyone. He's not really the kind of guy who likes talking about that kind of stuff. He's a man of action, not words. He's a man of quips, not sophistry.

I am also delighted that Morrison looks to finally be taking Ollie to task for something that was readily apparent in the GL/GA books when I first read them and thought they were intentional, but now realize was maybe not after reading and listening to subsequent interviews with Denny O'Neil and hearing about his struggles with alcohol. I had always assumed that O'Neil's idea was to make Hal the nicest, most amiable, most noble and honorable cop you'd ever met, but who was always wrong, whereas Ollie was this insufferable windbag rich poser who was always right.

I'm more looking forward to Barry making an appearance. I hope we get a really trippy insane sci-fi adventure with these two.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Makes sense to me. While I never had a problem with Geoff Johns's conception of Hal Jordan as John McCain-style conservative as many military men are, I think it was too limiting, because Hal is a guy who's seen and done far more than any ordinary human has. He would certainly not be limited to such narrow philosophies as conservatism or liberalism as we define them within the structures of our deeply flawed political systems.

To be fair, Hal has identified himself as a "bleeding heart liberal" as far back as the Steve Englehart/Joe Staton era. The only time Hal Jordan was specifically portrayed as conservative was when he was dumbed-down to be Oliver Queen's punching bag by Denny O'Neil for the classic, but deeply flawed by today's standards, GL/GA series.

Now, this isn't to say that Hal strikes me as a particularly politically-motivated person. I don't think he has much interest in expressing his political or philisophical views to anyone. He's not really the kind of guy who likes talking about that kind of stuff. He's a man of action, not words. He's a man of quips, not sophistry.

I am also delighted that Morrison looks to finally be taking Ollie to task for something that was readily apparent in the GL/GA books when I first read them and thought they were intentional, but now realize was maybe not after reading and listening to subsequent interviews with Denny O'Neil and hearing about his struggles with alcohol. I had always assumed that O'Neil's idea was to make Hal the nicest, most amiable, most noble and honorable cop you'd ever met, but who was always wrong, whereas Ollie was this insufferable windbag rich poser who was always right.
    Yup, I've never seen Hal as a conservative (although that John McCain-style conservative was definitely what Johns was going for - and I found those moments to be terrible). Even in the O'Neil run, Hal was portrayed as being more naive than someone who held conservative beliefs. Whenever he'd find out that he had been wrong, he would do the right thing without hesitation. Even in that first issue, Hal lashes out pretty badly at the landlord after finding out what he's been up to before the Guardians call him back to OA to reprimand him.

yes, it's a strange line from funko i guess.

very master of the universeish.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

That action figure reminds me of this.

Haljor the Barbarian.jpg

just read that nathan fillion is part of reign of supermen.

that's something to look forward too...

yes, it's a strange line from funko i guess.

very master of the universeish.
    "By the power of the Lantern, I have the Power!"