Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    and the comic books are water proof it seems....
    I once found out that wasn't the case. lol Few things have hurt me more as a comic fan than dropping Morrison's Arkham Asylum in the bathtub. I'm still mad about it. At least it wasn't GL Rebirth or Spidey's wedding I guess.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I once found out that wasn't the case. lol Few things have hurt me more as a comic fan than dropping Morrison's Arkham Asylum in the bathtub. I'm still mad about it. At least it wasn't GL Rebirth or Spidey's wedding I guess.
    Were you reading comics in the bathtub?

Lol. That's pretty cool. But comics and cake are better.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Not anymore. lol

Lol. That's pretty cool. But comics and cake are better.
    Or comics and pizza.

Okay, I could just change my tune about Cruise one of these days. Dude can still rock a bomber jacket and aviator shades like it's '86.

Incredible Member

I've said before that I didn't grow up with comics. I watched Superman's cartoon when I was a child. It only left a vague memory. That's all. I started knowing DC was after Nolan's Batman Trilogy. Then I began to read some comics, only the well-known stand-alone works such as Kingdom Come, The Dark Knight Returns... The first time I noticed Hal was in Superman: Red Son. I saw this character, he'd been imprisoned, tortured every day, fed on insects for four years until he dropped to a skeletal ninety pounds. He lived through things that no one could and he survived. I was shocked by his will. Hal only showed up a few pages in that comic. But he was the most impressive character to me in that story, more than Lex Luthor. And I went to ask one of my friends (he is a Batman&Superman fan) about Green Lantern. He said "Green Lantern, ha? He's a very interesting character." So I started to read the in-continuity comics, began from New52. And my friend was right. Green Lantern really is a very interesting character. The sky, the dreams, the bravery... all those things he represents attracted me. Then I went back to read as many comics with Hal in as possible. Thus I got to know about DC universe.
    So I am a comic fan because of Hal Jordan. I am a DC fan because of Hal Jordan. I'm glad I met this character.

Cruise might look like Hal, but anytime he's on screen, he's just Tom Cruise.

And I don't want people to start comparing the GLC to Scientology...

All jokes aside, I just hope they make a good casting choice for Hal, whether he's young or old, main or supporting character, hero or villain.

Extraordinary Member

I once found out that wasn't the case. lol Few things have hurt me more as a comic fan than dropping Morrison's Arkham Asylum in the bathtub. I'm still mad about it.

Lol. That's pretty cool.
    That moment you realize Johnny was even more bad-arse back in the day....and current Johnny is actually the more calm incarnation.....

Extraordinary Member

All jokes aside, I just hope they make a good casting choice for Hal, whether he's young or old, main or supporting character, hero or villain.
    WB has selected some strong thespians....it's the stories, directors, and other behind the scenes stuff that are suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I've said before that I didn't grow up with comics. I watched Superman's cartoon when I was a child. It only left a vague memory. That's all. I started knowing DC was after Nolan's Batman Trilogy. Then I began to read some comics, only the well-known stand-alone works such as Kingdom Come, The Dark Knight Returns... The first time I noticed Hal was in Superman: Red Son. I saw this character, he'd been imprisoned, tortured every day, fed on insects for four years until he dropped to a skeletal ninety pounds. He lived through things that no one could and he survived. I was shocked by his will. Hal only showed up a few pages in that comic. But he was the most impressive character to me in that story, more than Lex Luthor. And I went to ask one of my friends (he is a Batman&Superman fan) about Green Lantern. He said "Green Lantern, ha? He's a very interesting character." So I started to read the in-continuity comics, began from New52. And my friend was right. Green Lantern really is a very interesting character. The sky, the dreams, the bravery... all those things he represents attracted me. Then I went back to read as many comics with Hal in as possible. Thus I got to know about DC universe.
    So I am a comic fan because of Hal Jordan. I am a DC fan because of Hal Jordan. I'm glad I met this character.
    that's interesting.. wasn't expecting superman red son would introduce someone to hal, but i'm glad that it did.

i actually may have to read it again, because my memory of it is really foggy as of the moment.

Astonishing Member

Whoever ends up getting hired to direct it would likely do their own polish on the script anyway. Or if WB doesn't like whatever Johns ends up writing, they would just hire someone else to rewrite it. Given WB's history with writers for the DC movies and if that Green Lantern movie somehow gets made, what we end up seeing in theaters likely won't be what Johns is writing right now.
    How about WB jusr junp straight to Sin Corps War.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    How about WB jusr junp straight to Sin Corps War.
    That seems like a bad idea.

Sinestro corps war was a good story... but for a movie you really need a smaller more focused cast. That story had probably a dozen 'main' Green Lanterns and introduced a dozen 'main' villains... Not even counting the cool for a moment then they were dead moments. SCW was just TOO big and TOO tied to the mythology of Parallax and Kyle and the corps vs. Sinestro to be a good movie.... Let alone a 'launching' pad for a franchise.

It would be like starting a DC universe movie with Crisis on Infinite Earths...

Mighty Member

Bendis is writing Hal a bit in his Batman Wal-Mart comic

http://www.comicsbeat.com/nycc-18-in...hrough-batman/

It’s literally twenty minutes of Hal’s life that we’re taking. He could literally do this between panels of Grant’s thing and not interrupt an iota. Literally my favorite line of dialogue that I’ve written at DC all year is when Green Lantern says to Batman, “You’ve never been to my house.”

By the way Nick, that conversation that you read that no one else has? There was a version that was so long that it could have been a graphic novel of Green Lantern just devastated when he wonders if he’s a better friend to Batman that Batman is to him.

"There was a version that was so long that it could have been a graphic novel of Green Lantern just devastated when he wonders if he’s a better friend to Batman that Batman is to him."

There's a thought .

I don't mind Bendis writing Hal, the more often we see him interact with his fellow founding JL members, the better. I just hope he's not part of that story only to springboard the whole Teen Lantern thing.