Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Last edited by Johnny; 08-09-2018 at 04:16 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    So he's like Bendis.
    And Johns and countless other creators who've got a good enough track record that editors aren't going to second guess them based upon continuity minutae that changes every few years

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I agree, which is why the premise that Morrison would show Hal stranded on Earth and being anxious to get away from it kind of bothers me. Another reason I pointed out that Morrison likely wouldn't concern himself with recent continuity, since Venditti showed that Hal did want to be back on Earth at times.
    The Corps Four deserve some time on Earth to reconnect with with their friends, family and former teammates. Proper R 'n R. Guy still has his family, and is looking to somewhat reconcile with his father. Kyle's got his father. Hal has the crew at Ferris Air he has't seen since before New 52. The last time he was on Earth that wasn't an emergency or GL business was before Blackest Night!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    The interview on the Podcast of Oa is a great listen, and an insight into how Venditti writes as well as the conditions he was working with. He had ideas for characters and storylines to use for New 52 but a messy editorial (he says the move across the country meant people coming in and out) meant those couldn't happen or had to be deferred to Rebirth, such as Bottled Light. With Rebirth he was acutely aware that there were people who would be predisposed to not like Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps because they were fans of any particular Earth Lantern and their favorite had to share panel time. That's why the storylines try to give a role to each Earth Lantern that only they can do. Even then readers may kick up a stink because they like John, and he isn't getting as much spotlight as they would want him to get. When there's an alien Corps member who gets focus that's panel time other characters may not get. It's balancing plates, and trying to put a violet plate up there could have been over-egging the pudding.
    Why should I care? I bought books for Hal. While the writing was barely satisfactory, I got a lot of bundled plugins instead. Thus I have every right to complain about that.
    Besides, did that "balancing" work? Did that help sales or make John fans like the book? He was just flogging a dead horse and giving himself hard times.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hal likes to get punchie...
    Attachment 69119
    I think Hal just put hands on Tyler Durden.

Extraordinary Member

Hal took the "Hands" nickname....literally.

GL_SGrl.jpg
    Soooooooo much better....

Dang double-post...

that was brutal.

i'd love to see christopher mcquarrie direct a fight scene like this...

how do these double posts happen?
    Last edited by liwanag; 08-09-2018 at 06:02 PM.

I miss Tomar-Re.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    how do these double posts happen?
    For some reason I don't seem to have that problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that was brutal.

i'd love to see christopher mcquarrie direct a fight scene like this...
    how about a spoiler alert? You guys are posting like half the book before I get a chance to read it.... aside from the copyright issue. As for the scene itself... eh. Comics slugfests don't do it for me.

Well, if it was a spoiler-free thread, it would've been acknowledged in the title like it is with others. I understand where you're coming from, but to me the fact that it's an appreciation thread means fans can post pretty much anything they want about the character or the books he's features in, whether it's old or new. Besides, people aren't really posting spoilers before the issues have been released, unless we count the official previews released from DC. Posting pages after the issues have been released isn't technically spoiling something since the product is already publicly available.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-10-2018 at 04:53 AM.