Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Lol I know, especially since they combined Kyle and Hal together which was weird. Then they had Hal appear for 5 seconds or so in the episode about reality falling apart.

First time Adam Baldwin played Hal too .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First time Adam Baldwin played Hal too .
    Good voice for him.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The whole "You've never been to my house" comment to Batman is funny because from Morrison's take on Hal, Hal does not even have a house. And where is he getting Hal's characterization from - the Lego movies?? Why would he care if Batman's been to his house? I look forward to being able to read these in some sort of cheap form...
    I can see it. How often has Hal hung out or visited the Batcave? How often has the JLA been shown at the Fortress of Solitude? Heck... whenever He'd hang out with Ollie over Chilli, it was usually at Ollie's place. Part of it is the fact that places like the fortress and Batcave are more dynamic places to draw... but Hal doesn't really have a lot of people coming to call on HIM...

I've had times when I realize that as often as I hang out with my friends... it's always at THEIR place. It's been MONTHS since anyone came out of the way to visit ME... but I visit THEM all the time :P

I can see Hal coming to the same conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The whole "You've never been to my house" comment to Batman is funny because from Morrison's take on Hal, Hal does not even have a house. And where is he getting Hal's characterization from - the Lego movies?? Why would he care if Batman's been to his house? I look forward to being able to read these in some sort of cheap form...
    He'd probably just bring everybody to Jim's house .

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Everyone seems to have a "difficult" relationship with Batman, but I'm not a fan of the notion that most of the other Leaguers don't like Hal. I don't know why Bendis would think that.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Everyone seems to have a "difficult" relationship with Batman, but I'm not a fan of the notion that most of the other Leaguers don't like Hal. I don't know why Bendis would think that.
    I think it's more a joke with Hal's unflappable confidence giving him the impression that he should be everyone's best friend. After all, he's already hooked Barry and Ollie as their go-to best buddy, why not aim for the top dogs, Superman and Batman? I'm enjoying it, but I don't have a problem with Hal's personality quirks. I find them endearing.

For the record, I think Hal has also tried every method imaginable to flirt with Wonder Woman, to absolutely no effect. She knows exactly what he's doing, but delights in pretending to be oblivious to his many, many failed attempts to woo her.

i was under the impression that the satellite era league was really tight.

hal has ollie and barry as best buds, and by extension that applies to roy, wally, and dinah.

clark and hal were good friends back then too.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i was under the impression that the satellite era league was really tight.

hal has ollie and barry as best buds, and by extension that applies to roy, wally, and dinah.

clark and hal were good friends back then too.
    As well aso Clark and Bruce and Katar and Ray. Also Ralph was close with Barry.

It was nice that certain heroes were close with other particular heroes .

Gives them personality and makes them feel like real characters.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Can't get rid of the white boots in any universe.

Astonishing Member

Just finished reading earth one and rewlly enjoyed it.

hopefully dc is working on volume 2 for earth one...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    hopefully dc is working on volume 2 for earth one...
    I just want more Earth-1 books out at a faster pace.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think it's more a joke with Hal's unflappable confidence giving him the impression that he should be everyone's best friend. After all, he's already hooked Barry and Ollie as their go-to best buddy, why not aim for the top dogs, Superman and Batman? I'm enjoying it, but I don't have a problem with Hal's personality quirks. I find them endearing.

For the record, I think Hal has also tried every method imaginable to flirt with Wonder Woman, to absolutely no effect. She knows exactly what he's doing, but delights in pretending to be oblivious to his many, many failed attempts to woo her.
    Shame we don't see that more often. I'd love to see Morrison bring in WW for a team-up issue.

BANNED

green boots. That whole Earth1 book was so bad and so out of character for GL.