Page 79 of 115 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1723

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    can sinestro corps war be considered a dc event? because that wen't well in my opinion.
    I love Sinestro Corps War; the green lights in Coast City and Sinestro versus Hal and Kyle are awesome.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It evolved into a major DCU event, so we had characters like Mera, Firestorm, Atom, and other assorted heroes in the spotlight alongside all the Lantern Corps. And Barry and Hal were probably the two primary heroes of the story.

Didn't Hal have a Flashpoint tie-in at least?
    Are you comparing a tie-in with being leading character of the event?
    Flash can have a tie-in like all the other dozens of heroes as well. He can have a important role like Mera, Atom as well. I just don’t like him leading Blackest Night. Like I said, it’s a Lantern’s event, it has nothing to do with Flash. Batman is the only leading character of Metal. Flash is the only leading character of Flashpoint. And as a Lanterns’ event, blackest night’s leading character is Green Lantern and … Flash? Only because Barry needed spotlight after his rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Are you comparing a tie-in with being leading character of the event?
    Flash can have a tie-in like all the other dozens of heroes as well. He can have a important role like Mera, Atom as well. I just don’t like him leading Blackest Night. Like I said, it’s a Lantern’s event, it has nothing to do with Flash. Batman is the only leading character of Metal. Flash is the only leading character of Flashpoint. And as a Lanterns’ event, blackest night’s leading character is Green Lantern and … Flash? Only because Barry needed spotlight after his rebirth.
    I mean, compared to Barry I think Hal was much more important but he also had his own solo book running along the same time which also gave him focus, so I didn't think it was that big of an issue.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm not sure what the problem is here. Hal was clearly the star of Blackest Night. There were other major characters in the story like Barry, but it's not like Hal Jordan was not at the center of everything that took place in that event.

I mean, look at the cover.

This is not a story in which Hal Jordan was not given his due. Having Hal Jordan's best friend who had most recently come back from the dead in a story about old friends and foes coming back from the dead not only makes sense, it made the story better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I love Sinestro Corps War; the green lights in Coast City and Sinestro versus Hal and Kyle are awesome.
    it was surprising when it came out. the yellow lanterns where such a credile threat already, then the threat just kept getting bigger and bigger.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm not sure what the problem is here. Hal was clearly the star of Blackest Night. There were other major characters in the story like Barry, but it's not like Hal Jordan was not at the center of everything that took place in that event.

I mean, look at the cover.

This is not a story in which Hal Jordan was not given his due. Having Hal Jordan's best friend who had most recently come back from the dead in a story about old friends and foes coming back from the dead not only makes sense, it made the story better.
    Well, Geoff Johns said Green Lantern and Flash are the leading characters of that event.
    You can consider this as a complaint from someone doesn’t like the dynamic of Hal and Barry. I just can’t see that made the story better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, compared to Barry I think Hal was much more important but he also had his own solo book running along the same time which also gave him focus, so I didn't think it was that big of an issue.
    Sure it is not that big. But it is an issue to me.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 11-02-2018 at 01:22 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Well, Geoff Johns said Green Lantern and Flash are the leading characters of that event.
    You can consider this as a complaint from someone doesn’t like the dynamic of Hal and Barry. I just can’t see that made the story better.
    That's fair, but it would have been odd to have Hal's best friend who had just come back from the dead not play a major role in the story about that very idea.

Hope they do a Blackest Night animated movie down the line. I've been desperately wanting to see that for years.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hope they do a Blackest Night animated movie down the line. I've been desperately wanting to see that for years.
    Well DC needs to kill a lot of heroes in DCAU to do Blackest Night. I don't see other way.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Extraordinary Member

I thought it was cool seeing Hal, Barry, MM, Ralph, (Carter or Katar?) & Ray in Blackest Night.

It was my first time seeing all of them together in one story probably since....the 1980's?

I also thought it was cool the story did not have Superman & Batman as the Main Event players.

Was Blackest Night a Post-Crisis reunion for these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I thought it was cool seeing Hal, Barry, MM, Ralph, (Carter or Katar?) & Ray in Blackest Night.
    I also thought it was cool the story did not have Superman & Batman as the Main Event players.
    100% agree with those two sentiments. I loved that it wasn't just about the Corps. Hal is part of an interconnected hero community and it was great to see that. And if you happened to be a fan of some of those characters, then it just made this story cooler.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    100% agree with those two sentiments. I loved that it wasn't just about the Corps. Hal is part of an interconnected hero community and it was great to see that. And if you happened to be a fan of some of those characters, then it just made this story cooler.
    I was really hoping to see those guys (plus Ollie) again during the new52 Justice run (at least one story), but it never panned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    GL:TAS was originally supposed to do that too, and I'm still salty.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    Well DC needs to kill a lot of heroes in DCAU to do Blackest Night. I don't see other way.
    There are a lot of dead characters in the animated movie universe .
    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    It would've been interesting to see how they would've approached it, since they started teasing it with Scar and everything and had a few major characters that they had killed off by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Aren't we all.